Me & Terrorist..?

Guest Sikh_Singh_Khalsa

Hey guys im new to this web site but any ways im a sikh and i dont have long hair and i dont wear turban either but im just as much as a sikh and am growing hair. Im in 8th grade and in ATL Atlanta.

I had a problem at school when i proudly told that im a sikh from India everyone started to call me a Terroist and osamas relitive and made fun of Sikhism and our turbans. and i dont know what to do sometimes i feel like leaving and runing away from home find a sikh socity like the ISYF and live wid them forever. Plese tell me what to do.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sikh_Singh_Khalsa
Did you try to tell them that you are different?

Did you try to educate them? Many times they just don't know anything.

Also act nice to them. This is what we should try at start everytime.

150230[/snapback]

I did told about Sikhism to my whole class because we had to do a presentation on our religion, so did i. They know very well that i'm a sikh its just because i tie turban not keski, and i tie Dumala which kinda look like Osama's Turban.

Guest Sikh_Singh_Khalsa
Sat Sri Akal:

Well, you got two other options:

contact@unitedsikhs.org

info@sikhcoalition.org

150244[/snapback]

Veer Ji, This is a good idea instead of beating them up i think, if schools principal did nothing in few more days i would e-mail to united sikhs or sikh coalition. I also told about this to my locak guru ghars commitee members and they said they will discuss it in upcoming THURSDAY, New Jersey Sikh Gurudwar's Meeting.

Oh, yeah if anyone is from new jersey come visit Gurudwara Dashmesh Darbar Sahib and attend meeting because guru ghars commitees need youth views and many issues will be discussed.

Contact all the people mentioned above bro including those close to you. They are better equipped and better placed to help you. I am confident they will help. If you've followed up all the previous suggestions and you don't get a solution put me on your list to PM.

Kudos to the two near N.J. theturbanator and sskhalsa who posted to help this bro. If for any reason you need any input or help from a bro, although at a distance, let me know.

WJKK WJKF...

well i live in belgium...and its kindda same thing in here wid my brother...but now they've "accept" this difference... they laughed at him a lot b4...but now everything's ok...he's gonna change school now...i hope it'll be fine...but i think Paaji that it'll be fine after sometimes...gave them time to understand...and if they dont then take actions...i really hope everything will be fine for u and soon...

WJKK WJKF...

well i live in belgium...and its kindda same thing in here wid my brother...but now they've "accept" this difference... they laughed at him a lot b4...but now everything's ok...he's gonna change school now...i hope it'll be fine...but i think Paaji that it'll be fine after sometimes...gave them time to understand...and if they dont then take actions...i really hope everything will be fine for u and soon...

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa Vaheguru ji ki fateh!

Hi im from a UK and i had jus moved to a new skool wen September da 11th had happened, and ppl were calling me a terrorist, and one person even threw an aeroplane at me...my friends saw this and they went wid us to tell da teacher. I was soo angry dat i went strait to da head of year and they sorted it out, i suppose i was very lucky there.

But if you are having any problems ask the headmaster if u can do a presentation infront of da whole skool on Sikhi so that u can teach these ignorant ppl more about Sikhi and why we proudly wear our dastaars and stories...etc.

I know someone who once did that so why not try that, it may make these people realise hwo wrong they were. If you do not want to do the presentation yourself then ask another a few Sikhs to come in and do a presentation instead. You could always go on Mrsikhnet.com , and ask da guy whose site it is if he can help you out (sorry i cant remember it rite now) I hope this has given u sum ideas...or anyone else who needs help. Forgive me if i have sed anything wrong....

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa Vaheguru ji ki fateh!