Murder Unveiled

Heera Singh

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone watch for any misrepreentation of sikhi?

Because in the documentary done in the states (forbidden love), they keep mixing up "punjabi culture" and "Sikh culture". For example, they mistakingly state that the hitmen used kirpans to murder the girl's lover.

Since more and more Canadians are starting to recogzinze the word "kirpan" in the context of Amridhari Singh, this kind of a slight can be damaging.

Just keep an eye out for this sort of stuff guys.

"her mom says.... your fatehr is fighting for the gurdwara... so the infidels dont come and invade us"

what is up with that :)

there pitting sikhs who have dhari kesh, with moderates who have short cut hair in this video, and making sikhs with kesh look bad...

they put there own slant on it..

i agree the story needs to be told, its really messed up mentality our ppl have , and how they can kill their own daughter, or in other ppls cases but their daughter through so much haert ache and not let her have a say in her life ..

but theres a weird undertone to this movie, that isnt sitting well with me... how did they get 'infidels' :@

That is terrible - Infidels? What do they think we are, Muslims?

I agree that these things need to be dealt with and movies made about this kind of thing - but they should at least do things right.

And Sikhs like us should campaign for justice too - to show actively that Sikhs detest these people - these maanmukhs - that means high profile letter writing and pressure on the police and media by Sikhs individually and Sikh organisations - otherwise when people ask you why does this happen amongst Sikhs - you can say - we are doing our best to stop it - it is disgusting.

I agree with Prem... we need to put these people behind bars... show them that they can't get away with this...

Vaheguru... this movie really got to me...

The world has to know that these people AREN'T Sikhs.. they do NOT represent Sikhi... so the world must know that Sikhi is AGAINST what these people have done... they MUST pay for what they did!

Sikh organisations should be prominent in making sure the Police work hard to solve these crimes and should work hard in condemning them and protecting women from the clutches of families that do this kind of thing - Sikh women should take a special role in this.