Keski

S1ngh

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

puraatan rehatnamas say that joora must be tied on top of dasam duar. Dasam duar has special powers and having joora of it helps to focus energy etc. As I am not a gursikh myself I dont know the exact reasons for why it should be on top of dasam duar, all I know is this is the correct way.

Dasam duar is very important to us in our bhagti and so are our kesha. Having kesha concentrated over dasam duar most likely aids us immesurably in our bhagti.

Bhaji, do you know which Rehatnama's say this? Also, I'm aware of the concept of the Dasam Dwar, however, Maskin Ji was once doing Katha, and I heard him saying that it is more necessary for a male to have the joora at the top of the head, due to the difference of spiritual energies being different in male and females, or it was a scientific reason, I just can't remember now, does anyone know anything about this?! :T:

lol.. our atma is the same.. guru sahib jee says this again and again.. all our souls are the same we do not have "Different" spiritual energies. I have not heard this katha, perhaps you heard it wrong?

males and femals have the same spiritual energies. such a beleif of a difference is usually propogated by those who thing women should be taking amrit from kirpan rather than khanda. manmat.

Phain ji, could you please name the tape in which Sant Singh Ji Maskin said that? Bibi Sarbloh Kaur Ji said this under another thread:

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I'm a 22 year old Singhani from Hayes, London. I'm a Science graduate, teaching currently in a Sikh School.

My passion is singing Kirtan and I've been training since I was 5, my dream is to sing Kirtan in Darbar Sahib, I hope in the future the equality the Guru's gave women can be implemented in our lifetime

I think this is a good forum and I hope to improve my knowledge on Sikhi with help from all of the Sikh bro's and Sister's on the forum

Gurfateh!

^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^

My head will always be at the feet of such daughters of Guru Sahib who will make this happen one day but if we want someone to practise equality, why don't we first start practising it ourselves? :)

I think what I meant was simple for everyone to understand. Phain ji, on another thread you wrote that you wish everyone practised equality, so my sisters would be able to do kirtan at Sri Darbar Sahib and on the other hand you are still caught up in believing Guru Sahib made seperate and different rules for Singhs and Kaurs (no Dastar for Bibis).