Need Some Inspiring Photos For An Essay

Simran9

I'm gonna write a 15 page essay about Sikh art and its connection to "divine/sacred." I need 5 pieces of art to go with this to write about.

I'm looking for:

1/ "My Meditations on Guru Nanak" by Sobha Singh

2/ a painting done by Arpana Caur that shows Guru Nanak Dev Ji meditating in the river on the left side of the painting, and on right side he is out of the river.

3/ if you have some jpeg file of something that could be useful to me, please post here or PM me. :lol:

thank you!!

kanhaiya.jpg

kanhaiyafel.jpg

bgurdas.jpg

Although I recommend you have photos of Gursikhs, Daas does not agree with having photos of Guru Nanak Dev Ji, as they are merely an artist's impression of how Guru Nanak Dev JI looked like. As the "Guru" in Guru Nanak Dev ji wasn't ever the physical, but the Shabad, Gubani, Jyot Parkash, it doesn't matter how he looked, or any picture of him. By us Sikhs having photos of his physical, only shows that we acknowledge that the photos are authentic, as we ourselves are showing them to non-sikhs, and telling them -"This is Guru Nanak Dev Ji". It's like me drawing a picture of someone i've never seen, me drawing apictire of i.e. Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi's father, and Indian pariots, hanging up photos of him in their bedroom, and acknowledging the photo! I might draw him skinny, fare skined etc - but that doesnt make his father look like that, it's just my impression of how he might have looked.

Thus Daas strongly discourages from having paintings of Guru Sahibans..and instead have pictures of Gurmukhs, which are there for us to remind ourself of our rich heritage :lol:

Bhull chukk maaf