Sant Baba Thakur Singh Ji

DhadiMania

did baba deep singh ji get married and have children?

i was told he was yesterday

some person was telling me that if you werent married one was incomplete. i challeneged the person into asking him by saying "baba deep singh ji, bhai taru singh ji, baba thakur singh ji, all these were incomplete?"

the singh answered by saying baba deep singh ji had children, two children

baba thakur singh ji was married but his wife went to akal, he had two sons

so where are the family of baba deep singh ji and baba thakur singh ji living right now?

bhul chukke muaff

Singhs NEVER killed innocent people, GOI released the BLACK CATS, they were made to look like singhs and would kill innocent people, to give the movement a bad name.

152175[/snapback]

i was told that Baba Thakur Singh Ji never married. when asked he responded that he was married to Guru ji and didn't need nothing else.

There has been a lengthy discussion on this subject. It usually turns out that person for celebacy usually mentions, Baba Buddha Ji and Baba Deep Singh Ji. Some Singhs provided with the info of Baba Deep Singh ji being married.

As for the other person you mentioned- would there be anything wrong in him getting marreid since, Gyani Kartaar Singh Ji, Gyani Jarnail Singh ji, all got married - don't see any reason at all why he wouldn't get married.

Bhai Gurdas JI himself mentions that a Gurmukh lives in a household family, and remembers Akal in the family.

Which means as Gurmukhs, we should have sangat of family and all together remember Kartar, and not just by ourself, as celibates. Perfect examples are provided above. None of the Gurus were celibate (except Guru Harkrishan jee, who Akal Charana at a very tender age)

Please make a search.. as there was a huge thread about it.. No use in discussing it again, since it's just going to be another endless debate.

Guest Sikh_Singh_Khalsa
did baba deep singh ji get married and have children?

i was told he was yesterday

some person was telling me that if you werent married one was incomplete. i challeneged the person into asking him by saying "baba deep singh ji, bhai taru singh ji, baba thakur singh ji, all these were incomplete?"

the singh answered by saying baba deep singh ji had children, two children

baba thakur singh ji was married but his wife went to akal, he had two sons

so where are the family of baba deep singh ji and baba thakur singh ji living right now?

bhul chukke muaff

152220[/snapback]

Veer Ji, As Guru Nanak Said a sikh must have a Grist life, along with a life of saint and soldier so, if they were not married they were incomplete. But according to me as i was a student at Sikh Missionary College, they were married. Also during my study of sikhi at india they never mentioned them having kids because they don't know but they were married.

Guest Sikh_Singh_Khalsa
Singhs NEVER killed innocent people, GOI released the BLACK CATS, they were made to look like singhs and would kill innocent people, to give the movement a bad name.

152175[/snapback]

i was told that Baba Thakur Singh Ji never married. when asked he responded that he was married to Guru ji and didn't need nothing else.

152225[/snapback]

Then They Were InComplete in my Views, and in Gurus views too. WHt bab ji was doing was like a tapsaya in forest without or having grisat with you. Its is complely prohibited in Sikh Panth.

incomplete?

if someone believes that getting married will help their Sikhi then they should, also a life of a householder is encouraged by Guru ji.

BUT

if they otherwise feel that they do not want to marry because they believe it will hinder their spiritual progress i.e lust, attachment then thats all good.

i've met some amazing GurSikhs who have not married, it doesn't make them any less Sikh than someone who is married.

it is all Gods will

and since when did we qualify as dictators of karam?

Baba Takhur Singh ji never desired to be married. BUt due to family pressure they were married off. But after their marriage Babaji called his wife sister and told her about his lack of desire for married life. Then Babaji's brother was married off with that Bibi.

Singhs who have stayed in the Jatha with Baba Takhur Singh tell that Babaji had totally non-existant feelings required for a married life. What I mean is, you need a certain amount of controlled "desire" to fulfill the duties with your wife. Babaji was in such an avastha that he was completely beyond that.

I'm not saying that any mahapursh who had children wasn't at a high avastha, it's different situation for everyone. And we should learn to accept these types of differences amongst high avastha Gursikhs.

It was definietly not that Babaji was scared of married life, but he just had no desire for it.

And people should not start comparing Babaji ji's situation with normal single guys who don't want marriage. These guys don't want marriage because they may wish to enjoy bachelerhood or they may not want the resposiblities of marriage life.

**and as a side note, remaining single is not the same as shunning the world. If the mahapursh spend their entire lives doing parchar, then that's heck of a lotta work, more work than any one of us can ever do. Definitely not tyaag of the world.

Guru sahib had desire to be married- or did they simply accept the law of God?

Baba Deep Singh Ji, etc had desire? Gyani Jarnail Singh ji had desire to get married? Gyani Kartar Singh Ji had desire to get married?

All of the above, were married, had kids - did any of them do little Parchar ? Can anyone say - "yes this maharapurash who was celebate has done more parchar than these married Gurmukhs"?