Sikh Representation In United Nations

Harjit_S_Banga

WGJKK

WGJKF

I am wondering if we(Sikhs) have any representation in United Nations like Palestine. If anyone have any information that we were ever invited to represent SIKHs in UN or anything relating to sikh a FIFTH bigest religion representation in international organisation then please POST.

If we do not have any representation then what are the options to make our presence there? Have SGPC done anything in this direction?

I haven't came across anything related to us being represented in UN so, am asking everyone to gather some information so that we understand what are the reasons or issues that we are not represented in UN.

WGJKK

WGJKF

Singh.. we don't have the right to call Sikh marriages as Sikh Marriage.. instead it shows that all sikhs marriages are HINDU MARRIAGE under the govt rule.. So if 20 million sikhs cannot have right to have "Sikh Anand Karaj act" as legal governtment document then how can a sikh can represent sikhs in UN. To represent sikh community, i would say the member who will represent sikhs should be choosen from the place where large number of sikh kaum lives and thats definately in Punjab.. just my views :lol:

WGJKK

WGJKF

I heard SGPC ex-president Bibi declined the invitation from UN Secretary General to represent Sikh in UNs. She consulted GOI and Badal before throwing the purposal in a trash.

As I said above that "I have heard" but not confirmed so, that was the reason of my research on net but I came to Sangat to see if someone know more about this matter.

Thanks,

WGJKK

WGJKF