Do Sikhs Believe In Angels & Devil?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and the out come of the debate was ????????????????????

a yes there are angles.

b no there are no angles.

was the lecture cancled due to lack of intrest? :lol: @ grin.gif

SHER PANJABI

i want to know. are there angles !

i'm sitting here wanting for your reply........... grin.gif

154884[/snapback]

The more people get attached to Kaam, Krodh, Moh, Lobh and Hankaar, the more develish they become (i.e. Munmookhs). The less they become attached to this the more Angelic they become (i.e. Gurmookhs).

Gurmukho,

Recordings from the actual talk will be up on www.SweetSikhi.com

Experts from G.S. Sidhu's Book "Sikh Religion & Islam":

The Sikhs do not believe in the existence of angels. According to Sikhism “Those who live a virtuous life are angels but those who commit sins are devils” (swD krm jy purK kmwvY ] nwm dyvqw jgq khwvY ]- Guru Gobind Singh )
In God’s infinite creation there are different planes of existence and a vast number (not capable of being counted but referred to in Gurbani as kete) of species and beings on this and other planes. It would be futile and unwise to name or describe some to the exclusion of others.

In Sikhism, angels and jinns are seen in the different good or bad qualities which human beings show.

mwieAw mohu pryqu hY kwmu k®oDu AhMkwrw ] - “Love of wealth, lust, wrath and self-conceit are the evils. These are the tools of the devil. On souls infatuated with these descends the club of the Death’s Myrmidon” (GGS p. 513)

hir Bgiq Bwv hIxM nwnk pRB ibsrq qy pRyqqh ]1] - “If one is without the Lord’s loving worship and forgets the Master, then one is like an evil spirit.” (GGS p. 706)