Amrit Vela

Guest S M

i guess the straight forward answer would be to sleep early... i would the body should get at least 6 hours of sleep a nite... science'll say body should get 8-9 hours of sleep, but tha's really not do-able for us...

what really works for myself is that several of us singhs do wakeup calls in the morning... so basically, first one to wake up will do the calling, and that basically forces the rest of us go get up.. hehe... but for me, hearing the voice of a gursikh first thing in the morning helps me get up outta my bed...

what you can even do is do ur nitnem 'online'... u can set up a voice chat thing and you and several other people can do ur nitnem like that... that should really inspire u and help you get up... once u make it a routine to get up, u'll come to a point where u don't even need alarm clocks or nethin... ur body will jus wake up at around the same time everyday...

hope that helped.. g'luck!! :lol:

or get Heera to come and splash COLD COLD water on your face

:lol:

wjkk

wjkf,

well when i used to live wid my grandpa i told him before i came that grandpa in the morning if i didn't get up just come up to me and slap me hard and til today i get up and start to do bani once my eyes open because my grandpa was so strict that he wanted others to do bani while they were sleeping also. rolleyes.gif i dont know how but he wanted me to do it also. well i was 9 years old when the the slap formula started before that my mom used to wake me up. :lol: These days it helps me to get up because i remmeber my grandpa's slap.i guess it helped(probably not) wacko.gif

fateh jee :e:

VJKK VKKF! Hey sangat ji, can anyone give tips on how the wake up for amrit vela? like how many hours they sleep? or anything?

154289[/snapback]

VJKK VKKF! Hey sangat ji, can anyone give tips on how the wake up for amrit vela? like how many hours they sleep? or anything?

154289[/snapback]

wjkk wjkf,

well, in my opinion its quite simple as, if you sleep early perhaps like 21.00 then wake up at 3.30am, then you willl get good 6 and a half hours of sleep, or if you sleep early, then put on a alarm, and when you wake up, do your mool mantra, and go straight to the washroom/bathroom and have a shower/bath, then do your nitenem and straight to amrit vela!!

if that he;ps then gd'luck

:nihungsmile:

Guest Guest

You should be as strict as possible with your Amritvela. If you are really motivated and committed to waking up, then you can do the following. Make a promise to your mind and body, that if you miss Amritvela, or wake up too late in Amritvela, then you will not eat any food for the entire day. This way, if your mann tries to stay in bed at Amrit Vela, most definately your tedh will drag you out.

Guest Guest

do ardaas

and if u get into a solid routine u shud b alrite.

jus wake up wateva u the situation, even if uve not bin able to get sleep or nite, or if u feelin ill, or waeva. jus get up without fail unless u physically cant.