Confusing Passage

Guest grandcannon

Guest grandcannon

WJKK WJKF

Can someone please explain this passage to me? I really do not understand it.

Where is That Door of Yours, and where is That Home, in which You sit and take care of all?

The Sound-current of the Naad vibrates there for You, and countless musicians play all sorts of instruments there for You.

There are so many Ragas and musical harmonies to You; so many minstrels sing hymns of You.

Wind, water and fire sing of You. The Righteous Judge of Dharma sings at Your Door.

Chitr and Gupt, the angels of the conscious and the subconscious who keep the record of actions, and the Righteous Judge of Dharma who reads this record, sing of You.

Shiva, Brahma and the Goddess of Beauty, ever adorned by You, sing of You.

Indra, seated on His Throne, sings of You, with the deities at Your Door.

The Siddhas in Samaadhi sing of You; the Saadhus sing of You in contemplation.

The celibates, the fanatics, and the peacefully accepting sing of You; the fearless warriors sing of You.

The Pandits, the religious scholars who recite the Vedas, with the supreme sages of all the ages, sing of You.

The Mohinis, the enchanting heavenly beauties who entice hearts in paradise, in this world, and in the underworld of the subconscious, sing of You.

The celestial jewels created by You, and the sixty-eight sacred shrines of pilgrimage, sing of You.

The brave and mighty warriors sing of You. The spiritual heroes and the four sources of creation sing of You.

The worlds, solar systems and galaxies, created and arranged by Your Hand, sing of You.

They alone sing of You, who are pleasing to Your Will. Your devotees are imbued with Your Sublime Essence.

So many others sing of You, they do not come to mind. O Nanak, how can I think of them all?

That True Lord is True, forever True, and True is His Name.

He is, and shall always be. He shall not depart, even when this Universe which He has created departs.

He created the world, with its various colors, species of beings, and the variety of Maya.

Having created the creation, He watches over it Himself, by His Greatness.

He does whatever He pleases. No one can issue any order to Him.

He is the King, the King of kings, the Supreme Lord and Master of kings. Nanak remains subject to His Will.

Thanks

Grandcannon

Waheyguru Ji ka Khalsa Waheyguru Ji key fateh.

Vir g/ Bhain ji..shabad is refering to the Dasam-du-ar, The tenth door. Where constant shabad virbrates and 24 hours Jeeva aatma / soul remains in bliss. The shabad aslo shows the glory of waheyguru ji ji that each single element sings Waheyguru jis parise . (or could you specify what part you do not unerstand virg/ Bhain ji then with gur kirpa will try to check and expalin)

Please forgive me if i said something wrong.Still learning.

Waheyguru Ji ka Khalsa Waheyguru Ji Key Fateh

Sat Sri Akal:

Perhaps the question is not what place this is, but what place does the Almighty not reside? This is from Sodar Rehraas Sahib, and to moorakh me, it describes how the Almighty is everywhere, is the overseer of everything and all of its creation sings its praises. The question seems to be answered by the following verses right below the question, saying that the Almighty is everywhere...the door and the house is everywhere, it is us who are blind.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Where is That Door of Yours, and where is That Home, in which You sit and take care of all?

They are without home, without a particular place. They are EVERYWHERE. We cant limit them in 1 space. (nb: Them as in God.. not He because they are without gender)

There are so many Ragas and musical harmonies to You; so many minstrels sing hymns of You....

So many others sing of You, they do not come to mind. O Nanak, how can I think of them all?

Guru Ji Describes how everyone and everything in nature sing praises of Them. Not literally, but metaphorically. Just like we say a picture speaks louder than words; God's awesome creation shows us how AMAZING They really are. By looking around at the beautiful creation, we think "WOW!!" The creation speaks/sings for itself.

That True Lord is True, forever True, and True is His Name.

... Nanak remains subject to His Will.

Guru Ji is praising Them.

I'm sorry for insulting Guru Ji in this way by limiting his beautiful poetry into a group of words of my stupid interpretation, but this is how I can interpret it.

PS: "..." skips most of the text in quotes to prevent a very long quote. I didn;t skip those lines, the lines inbetween are also included.

Hope I made sense

There are three "Sodars" in Guru Granth sahib.

First Sodar is found in Japji sahib. This is the Sodar that Guru Nanak Dev ji ucharred (spoke) when he was debating with the Siddhas at Sumer.

Second Sodar is found is Asa Raag (the one in Rehraas). This is the Sodar Guru Nanak Dev ji sang infront of Akal Purakh (God) when Guru ji went to Sach Khand after taing a dip in the Beas River.

The third Sodar is found at the beginning of a Raag (can't racall which one) and this was ucharred by Guru Nanak Dev ji after Bebe Nanaki(Guruji's sister) asked him what Akal Purakh's door/entrance looked like.

All three sodars are very similar with small differences. Beautiful Bani!!