Are There Many Muslims In (hindustan) Punjab?

WJKK WJKF

I just wondered if any of you gursikhs that visit Punjab, regular know of any muslim families that live in your pind, which were left behind during the 1947 partition?

I just wondered if it was possible, because it was likely to happen, and would find it fascinating if any of you have discovered so.

-I have recently joined the forum, as you may know. :T:

im not sure about punjab but ther are more muslims in india than in pakistan........

154942[/snapback]

Jalandhar has 20 mosques and so has Ludihiana and Chandighar.

I know a lots of Punjabi Muslims from Indian Punjab.

Melarkotla another example has muslims MPs from Punjab, ms Shazia Naas mp of Melarkotla Punjab - India.

there's one city/village that i saw once on the way from jalandhar to Dodra... before sunaam even.... the driver i had was saying that in this village, there's absolute peace between the roughly 50/50 muslim/sikh population.... and to celebrate this fact, we bought fresh sugar cane and ate it.

The End

i always thought india had the largest muslim population in the world...no?..

maybe just more than pakistan

but yeah...the muslims of malerkotla are very respectful of sikhs..as their ancestory goes back to the time of guru gobind singh ji...

in fact..i remember the open letter that one of the descendents of the rulers of malerkotla sent out on the 300th vaisakhi...to all the sikh youth..

she called questioned them as to why they were cutting their hair and leaving the path of guru gobind singh ji...it was really touching...

Indonesia has the largest Muslim population in the world. In second place it is close between India and Pakistan.

We have a family in our pind who were Muslim and stayed on after partition, they now go to the Gurdwara.

Yes Malerkotla has lots of Muslims. If you ever want those fancy Punjabi jootia (mojey) then Malerkotla is the place to go as the local Muslim cobblers are experts in this field.