Washing Hair

Gurmukhs do'nt spend so much time indulging in such questions. Gurmat is quite clear on the issue. One can recite Bani, do Path, remember God ( nam simran), at any time in any posture. The question is what is your mental state of affairs and not your physical position. However being a Sikh it is a must for us to keep our Kesh and head covered. One can put any piece of cloth on the head, let it be a chunni like thing, an open dastar or patka, or even a big full size handkerchief. the simple point is that head should be covered. I think there is no ban in using the hair drayer too. But here I do not claim to be a final authority.

Simple living , high thinking, remembering God , doing path, sewa etc should be our life. ' hassandiya, khavandiya,paanandiyan viche hove mukat'.

JAGJIT SINGH

Guest A Singh.

Ideally it is more respectful to have your hair tied up in a Keski if you are reading from a Gutka/Pothi - let your hair loose behind you without any coverings during your Naam Simran. After 1 or 1 and a half hours your hair will be essentially dry and you can oil it, comb it and tie your Keski. Then after this, it would be acceptable to start reading from your Gutka.

I used to tie my hair up in a towel after kesi ishnaan.... but recently i started to tie it into a dastar material, kinda like a dumalla style, and tie a small keski on top of that... i do the towel deal if i do kesi ishnaan at nite, and the dumalla deal when i do kesi ishnaan in the mornings... but the above suggestions work to... whatever floats ur boat!! :TH:

I first comb my hair then wash my Kesh Kesh. After washing them I dry them with a towel.

Then I get a small "turbi-towel" and wrap my Kesh around it (like one would would tie a joora on the top of the head). Then I tie my Keski over this (this prevents my Keski getting too wet and damp).

Later on after Nitnem I dry my Kesh and tie dry keski.

This seems to work for me.

What I've heard from Gursikhs is that you can do bani and naam at any time if it's from memory. If you are going to be using a pothi however, there is a certain level of respect that we give and that includes having kes tied with dastaar on head and hazooriya around neck.

It's up to you to follow it or not, I just thought I would put that out.