Huh?

Jag_s

:T: WJKK WJKF :T:

Aren't we sapose to respect d_oh.gif our Guru Ji

Then why does the Sangat these day give a quater to Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji but give like 5 dollars to the ragi's (Not all people do this but u get my point or where im comin from). Im not saying don't respect the ragi but im just saying why are we puting them almost to the same Level as our Guru Sahib? Does anyone want the explain this cuz im totally puzzled :wub: @ grin.gifwacko.gif

bhul chuk maff Sorry if i offended anyone this is only from my experience

Ahhh stupid server.. didn't published my first long reply no.gif

Anyway... The reason why ppls give more money to raagis is because its the donation from sangat that provides the income of all raggis and keertani jathas. They are usually on very low income by gurdwara sahib supreme members rolleyes.gif , so mostly rely on whatever they get from sangat. PPLs donate as much as they can because they feel that they are helping them indirect way. The system is wrong because sometime it causes friction between different raggis jatha on the time spot. Many complaints that they get less time or dead time and so on.. For ex: Many raggis want the prime time because thats the hot spot when rush hits in (11ish am sunday time) and when the rush comes.. eventually $$ comes in.

Regarding the Guru Granth Sahib jee.. it doesn't matter how much you keep in front of guru sahib jee... Guru jee is the one who provides the food/money/comfort to the whole world, so how a quarter or 100 dollar can effect guru jeee.. These doesn't matter in front of guru sahib jee.. When we are in the line in front of guru sahib jeee.. the respect in your heart counts, not the money in your hand. Just my views :TH:

Me n my grandfather had a long duscussion about this and to sum up the whole conversation he told me that we are acually giving it to guru ji's bani and not the granthis, we are not puting the granth's higher or lower than guru ji because he is the one who we are giving our token of our apprecation to in any case. We are just rewarding the granth's for doing kirtan for us so we can anand manlia.

Guru Ji Resides in all of us so we shouldn't think like i did...

Bhul chuk maff karo pray.gif :wub: @ pray.gif