Fear

Guest worthless

Guest worthless

bani talks about fear for waheguru (bhao-i think)

i jus wanted to ask why should we fear God? i see waheguru as my friend, i just dont get it :wub: im really confused so could someone please help me out. thankyou

When Gurbani speaks of fearing God, Guru is speaking of a fear in the likeness that a child has for her mother/father. A fear that is intertwined with Love, Just as a Mother has immense love for her child, yet you will also notice that the child will fear her to a certian extent. The child knows that the Mother can never harm him/her, but there is a sense of fear and that Bhao is the fear that keeps the child in control of himself, that keeps him alert so that he/she does not do any wrong doings.

God does not seek Fear from you, he does not seek control over you to fear him........He seeks Surrender out of sheer innocent Love. A child does not go to his/her mother out of Fear, he/she enjoys her company out of Love and the first and only connection is of Love. Fear is but a hand raised not in the intent to strike, rather just to providing discipline to the mind so that it does not get out of hand.

Do not have Fear of being hurt by God if you do not do path or go to the Gurudwara, such fear will not allow love to grow, instead Fear will begin to dominate and it will rule your Saadhna. You will begin to do things out of fear instead of Love. Let Love be the Reason, Let Love be the Driver for you Saadhna, your Sikhi, your searching and let Fear be the steering wheel so you stay on the path. When you understand this intricate relationship between the 2, you will begin to seen an undertone of Love even in fear.

He who learns the art of using fear, for him fear becomes like a bellows. And every moment of fear ignites the flame of austerity yet more. There is fear in the devotee, but he has transformed his fear into devotion. Now he fears only God, so that through the fear he can maintain restraint and balance in his life. With the help of this fear, he can regulate his life so that it is kept from going on the wrong path. This is not an ordinary fear. Ordinarily, when you fear someone you make an enemy of him; but the fear of God is wonderful, unique. The more you fear Him, the more you fall in love with Him.

You are anxious not to miss Him for a fraction of a moment. Only your fear shows the possibility of your going astray. ”Do not let me go astray, O Lord! May your remembrance never leave me. Only your grace can keep my remembrance constant. I search for You , dear Lord, but without your help, how can I?” This fear reflects his helplessness, his state of poverty.

The devotee converts fear into prayer. He does not run away from it. Every fear, every danger he turns into prayer. Whenever fear takes hold of him, he utilizes it as an occasion for prayer.  Nanak says austerity is the fire. Whenever you complete a work you have started in all earnest and resolve, a wonderful heat is created within you. Then it doesn’t matter how small or unimportant the work. This is the meaning of austerity.

jis kay sir oopar tooN su-aamee so dukh kaisaa paavai.

When You stand over our heads, O Lord and Master, how can we suffer in pain?

hamrai dust sabhai tum ghao aapu hath dai moeh bachavo||

sukhi basaimoro privara saivak sikh sbhai kartara.|2|

Lord! destroy all my enemies [diseased passions, instincts, impulses, evil thoughts, etc.]* and protect me with Your Hand.||

Thus make my house-hold [mind], servants and followers [intellect and varied other organs]] rest in peace. |2|

bull chukk maaf :TH: