CONTACTS

do u think sikhs should be able to wear contacts a different colour than the original colour of their eye?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. do u think sikhs should be able to wear contacts a different colour than the original colour of their eye?

• yes
    • no

We shudn't be wearing contacts to change our appearance....we wear given this appearance for a reason....just same reason why we don't cut hair...it is a gift from god....and god gave it for a reason.....just like we have hands to work with, feet to alk etc etc....we shudn't mess with our natural form......that means no tatoos as well!

tattoos are kool aswell.. i would love to get one, but when u said natural.. can i ask u a question

we were born naked

so why dont we go around naked?

Veerjee.. topic is about Contacts.. not whether we should go around naked or with clothes ?? hope u r not living close to those nude beaches.. tongue.gif

we can't survive without clothes.. everyone knows that.. :)

BTW.. i still say wearing contacts whatever color tehy are is nothing wrong.. but they sure look on brownee (me) .. Tattoooo is totally against sikhi.. it's LIke 101% against sikhi teachings.. YUP even it's tatto about khanda or stuff.. Still it's wrong

i know this really holy person who works at my local gurdwara he has a tattoo on his hand.. the ek onkar sign

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

veerjee.. contacts are temporary things .. while tattos do permanent damage to ur body which of course isn't really good.. and plus we shouldn't modify our body like unnecessary ccosmetic surgery etc.. just the way god made us.. be happy with that.. that's what i believe in !

veerjee.. contacts are temporary things .. while tattos do permanent damage to ur body which of course isn't really good.. and plus we shouldn't modify our body like unnecessary ccosmetic surgery etc.. just the way god made us.. be happy with that.. that's what i believe in !

allright.. everyones entitled to their opinion

Any gurdwara granthi or any holy person does not represent Waheguru nor guru jees message.. He is just the community elected person to do some sewa for the community ! Guru jee were agaisnt priesthood :) So don't believe in those holy men unless u know them very well ! (my personal viewpoint)

My maternal grandfather is active in gurdwara stuff here and he has big ik onkar tattoo on his arm.. (he got it when he was young).. now he is always saying.. I was stupid back the days when he got it..

Any gurdwara granthi or any holy person does not represent Waheguru nor guru jees message.. He is just the community elected person to do some sewa for the community ! Guru jee were agaisnt priesthood :) So don't believe in those holy men unless u know them very well ! (my personal viewpoint)

My maternal grandfather is active in gurdwara stuff here and he has big ik onkar tattoo on his arm.. (he got it when he was young).. now he is always saying.. I was stupid back the days when he got it..

hmmm intresting..

allright.. everyones entitled to their opinion

Yup that's what discussion forums are for wubb.gif

that's what i don't know jeee.. I have no idea whats gonna happen after we live our life.. so yeah it's kinda more like a mystery and the only way to solve is to get the quotes from gurbani regarding Modifying body. I don't know how to do that, but im pretty much sure some member will help us :)

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

u will be punished if you knowinngly commit paap. I dont think contacts is really a big deal, but as somebody said ( forget who), there are sprays to temporarily colour yuor hair. Can we use those?

BHULL CHUKK MAFF

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

hanji virji there are spray around that can be used to temp dye ur hair.. and after washin it comes off... well i dunno wut others are gonna say but i dont see any importance 4us to spray our hair... well coz as sikhs we are supp to be like this ... :( ) grin.gif :nihungsmile: :e: ...so wuts da point of dying our hair?? tongue.gif:)

anyway i know im getting out of topic here ... its about contacts.. well just be happy as what waheguru has given us... :@