CONTACTS

do u think sikhs should be able to wear contacts a different colour than the original colour of their eye?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. do u think sikhs should be able to wear contacts a different colour than the original colour of their eye?

• yes
    • no

whats wrong with colouring hair?

blonde streaks look good with black hair

It actually looks quite silly!

I have read some puraatan rehatnamas/thankhahnaamas that say those who dye or bleach their hair are thankhaheea. I beleive this is in bhai chaupa singhs thankhanama and bhai daya singhs rehatnama but I am not sure exactly which source.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SaintSoldier

We shudn't be wearing contacts to change our appearance....we wear given this appearance for a reason....just same reason why we don't cut hair...it is a gift from god....and god gave it for a reason.....just like we have hands to work with, feet to alk etc etc....we shudn't mess with our natural form......that means no tatoos as well!

it's probably the same thing as dying your hair, which is altering the way your body (hair) naturally was made, for the purpose of making it "look better.." that's the same reason why certain people cut or remove their hair.. (in hopes of making themselves seem more appealing to others, but i think hair is a beautiful thing anyway). i don't think we should alter how we were naturally made.. to me coloured contacts seem so fake (if i were to ever wear them, i'd feel fake).

vaheguru jee ka khalsa

vaheguru jee kee fateh

well you do have control on dying your hair too, there's this permenant or temporary type of dye available nowadays.. those spray type and etc etc... the point here is why color ur eyes? be natural ... thank god for wut he has given u.. why alter the master piece that is given?

Guest balwinderkaur
deodorant(hmm that may be a necessity though  guys do stink more *lol*

Uh oh.. and no singh here noticed that part of her post 

it's true though 

HAHAHAHHAHA..... tongue.gif i always get away with things vickey bhajee :) ..they are all too caught up in their debates to notice any personal jibes on their gender. HAHAHAH.

We shudn't be wearing contacts to change our appearance....we wear given this appearance for a reason....just same reason why we don't cut hair...it is a gift from god....and god gave it for a reason.....just like we have hands to work with, feet to alk etc etc....we shudn't mess with our natural form......that means no tatoos as well!

tattoos are kool aswell.. i would love to get one, but when u said natural.. can i ask u a question

we were born naked

so why dont we go around naked?

tattoos are kool aswell.. i would love to get one, but when u said natural.. can i ask u a question

we were born naked

Veerjee.. topic is about Contacts.. not whether we should go around naked or with clothes ?? hope u r not living close to those nude beaches.. tongue.gif

we can't survive without clothes.. everyone knows that.. :)

BTW.. i still say wearing contacts whatever color tehy are is nothing wrong.. but they sure look sstupid on brownee (like me) .. Tattoooo is totally against sikhi.. it's LIke 101% against sikhi teachings.. YUP even it's tatto about khanda or stuff.. Still it's wrong

we were born naked

Veerjee.. topic is about Contacts.. Not whether we should go around naked or with clothes ?? hope u r not living close to those nude beaches.. tongue.gif

lol but that is a vaild point

we were born with hair

we were born naked

no i dont think we should go around naked!

as for contacts yes they are lovely. Green ones look good

grey ones are okish, if a person likes to wear contacts then they can.. its perfectly good.. and there is nothing wrong with changing yourself, since it is yourself.. but you should be happy with who you are, so if changing yourself makes you happy then you should do it.. anyway when im older i want tattoos with my children and wife's name on it..

deodorant(hmm that may be a necessity though guys do stink more *lol*

Uh oh.. and no singh here noticed that part of her post

it's true though

HAHAHAHHAHA..... tongue.gif i always get away with things vickey bhajee :) ..they are all too caught up in their debates to notice any personal jibes on their gender. HAHAHAH.

haha i know huh.. all of em are busy in wacko.gif which is cool cauz to me seeing \\ them is a partytime2.gif