Advice Please!

Guest advice?

Guest advice?

Gurfateh!!

i need advice. i want to activly take part in an organisation such as khalsa aid or united sikhs or something. but i dont know who to join! i want to offer myself in seva to help people, but theres so much politics n stuf i dont know where to go! someone advise me please! n tell me what type of seva i can offer! im turning 18 this year, and am in education. A levels. im from the birmingham area (uk). thanks

Guest lowest of the low singhni

who cares about politics? as long as you know you're doing the right thing you have nothing to worry about. i don't think Dharamraj is going to judge you based on politics.

if you really can't decide, then write all the different choices on a bit of paper and pick one randomly lol.

and i think S1ngh will be able to tell you more about united sikhs.

~l~

vaaheguroojeekaakhaalsaa

vaaaheguroojeekeefatheh !!!!

i agree with the posts above - you should contact the organizations and set your limits, try to think about your own personal strengths and what you can offer in relation to what is needed. Don't do publicity for the organization if you don't want to. If you want to do hands on work - ask the organization for that type of seva.

You will find politics in most organizations. Politics is the struggle for power. Where there is seva, money, people's lives, recognition, and a lot of work, there will be a struggle for power. It is not always bad. Sometimes it is a good thing. Please do not feel nervous. Instead just do your research, and invest your time and your money in a cause that you can support without any doubts. The best seva is seva without desire for anything back, and seva with love for God and all God's creation.

You can also contact:

All India Pingalwara Society Regd. (Dr. Inderjit Kaur Ji)

Kalgidhar Society (Akal Academy, Baru Sahib)

Gurmat Studies Foundation (www.gurmatstudies.com)

Taran International (www.taranweb.org)

Shaheed Bhai Fauja Singh Charitable Trust (Bibi Amarjit Kaur Ji)

Nishkam Sikh Welfare Council

Sarab Rog Ka Aukhad Naam Mission (www.gurunanakhealing.com)

stay in chardee kalaa jee

Vaaheguroojeekaakhaalsaa

VAaaheguroojeekeefathehhh !!!!!!

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

bro m deeply impressed by ur thinking and ur ideas of serving our community.......people like u are in gr8 need today.........

well i agree to all posts above but in my openion why don u go an serve in local gurudwara and persue ur studies.......it ll enhance ur thinking and mental apptitude and u can serve the religion in a better way!!!!

guru fateh

Voulenteering and doing Seva should not be limited to just sikh organisations, there are many non sikh organisations that you can help out. Why not try helping at local homeless shelter etc.

after all.

eyku ipqw eyks ky hm bwirk qU myrw gur hweI ]

eaek pithaa eaekas kae ham baarik thoo maeraa gur haaee ||

The One God is our father; we are the children of the One God. You are our Guru.

As you are 18 you will prob have a bit of free time in summer. You could look at doing work in panjab with FATEH. http://www.fatehworld.org its a wiked way of getting to experience Panjab and doing seva. Singh was telling me about one of the projects where you go for a number of months to do seva and you are taught gatka, kirtan, and lots more sounds so cool, all I need now is time lol. :wub: