Naam simran in Kirtan?

akjforever

I was thinking of not going anymore, but I guess it wouldn't be right. The way I see it is if youth are doing kirtan, they should be encouraged, not criticized. So, with Waheguru's kirpa I will continue to go, I hope some people there will change their minds for the better.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking of not going anymore, but I guess it wouldn't be right. The way I see it is if youth are doing kirtan, they should be encouraged, not criticized. So, with Waheguru's kirpa I will continue to go, I hope some people there will change their minds for the better.

good thinking .. dont stop going to gurdwara.. :)

Guest balwinderkaur

yea dont stop going to guru-ghar. its GURU's ghar not theirs..so all the more you should keep going. show them nothing gets you down. let their hearts burn each time they see you so they are reminded of their defeat by not achieving their aim(??) of stopping you from going to guru-ghar or doing keertan for that matter.

Once i went to ask some questions i had regarding sikhi to this new visiting katha guy of my local gurdwara and he wassss very RUDE to me.. REAL RUDE.. and I got sooo <Edited> that at I end up not visiting gurdwara sahib for more than two months.. (this was about an year ago)..

Now i know that i would never go and ask any question related to sikhi to the gurdwara guys !! i just won't feel good.. But no worries.. i rather ask question here instead of asking from them :)

Lots of my friends who are kinda not much into sikhi also feels the same way.. RUDEness and no respect at all !! maybe it's time for all gurdwara sewadars to take some social respecting classes :T:

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

sangat jeeo,

if you attaended the UK north smagam rehansbai on saturday (15th november) you would have had the oppurtunity to listen to bhai jasbir singh jee (khanne wale's) keertan. He is the the president of the newly created supreme comitee of akal takhat sahib (above sgpc wink2.gif ) which has 21 members.

what i mean to say is that he is quite an important and priminant figure in the khalsa panth.

He did keertan at the rehansbai (last hour of rehansbai) and started off with simran. He then did very nice shabads like raagi style but what shocked me was that he was doing simran in between shabads. Not ordinary ragi simran but akj style B) !!!!

The recordings will be up on akj.org.uk

so here's ur ultimate backup wink2.gif

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

• 4 weeks later...

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Everybody seems to be patting themselves on the back for having supposedly established that Gurmantar should be uttered in the middle of a shabad. But...

'BraveKhalsa' said that it has been going on since the time of Guru Gobind Singh ji! It seems strange that the practice only started after Bhai Randhir Singh ji passed away. Bhai Randhir Singh ji did Akhand Kirtan without interruption of any sort (this is from Tapoban site).

And turning back to the question, if Guru ji wanted to put the Gurmantar into part of a shabad, He would have done so. Who are we to decide that we know better than Guruji, the order in which a shabad should be sung?

And what exactly is 'AKJ' style simran? Is this just fast simran on the vaja? If so, its not exclsuive to AKJ! and according to Tapoban, this wasn't even done by Bhai Randhir Singh!

before this arguement goes on!......letz all ask out self! :T: .......how much of banee do i read everyday? :@ how much of simran do i do everyday? :@ .........why are we even fighting about it?........if u get anand from it...GO ON! :@^_^ .........and if it doesn't suit u!....don't do it then! :@ .......BUT U HAVE NO RIGHT TO TELL OTHERZ TO STOP REMEMBERING THEIR GURU THE WAY THEY LIKE AND LOVE!! :@:@

^_^ i am sorry if i offended u! ^_^