Mother Shook Baby To Death

I have been listening to BBC Asian Network discussion on a news article about a Bangladeshi woman who shook her baby to death because she believe the baby had an evil spirit in him.

Here's the news article - Leniency for 'ignorant' woman who hurt baby

The discussion show was focusing on Muslim and Bangladhesi/Pakistani culture in relation to women and child protection.

Then a lady rings in and first thing she says is "I AM A SIKH. SIKHS ARE ALLOWED TO CARRY A KIRPAN. HOWEVER SOMETIMES PEOPLE GET THEIR KIRPANS OUT IN ANGER AND USE IT AGAINST OTHER RELIGIOUS COMMUNITIES..."

The presenter said, "Erm... and so you think Law should not accomodate culture? Do you think this Bangladheshi woman should be put in prison?"

Then she said, "NO. I KNOW KASHMIR, I KNOW PAKISTAN, I KNOW PAKISTANI CULTURE... blah blah blah" she gave a full speach about pakistani culture and how muslims should get rid of spirits through imam etc. Either she is a Pakistani Kashmiri woman who has converted to Sikhi or she was POSING AS A SIKH and RANDOMLY trying to UNDERMINE SIKH'S RIGHT TO WEAR KIRPAN (which had little or no connection to the topic).

chalo. rab rakha.

I have been listening to BBC Asian Network discussion on a news article about a Bangladeshi woman who shook her baby to death because she believe the baby had an evil spirit in him.

Here's the news article - Leniency for 'ignorant' woman who hurt baby

The discussion show was focusing on Muslim and Bangladhesi/Pakistani culture in relation to women and child protection.

Then a lady rings in and first thing she says is "I AM A SIKH. SIKHS ARE ALLOWED TO CARRY A KIRPAN. HOWEVER SOMETIMES PEOPLE GET THEIR KIRPANS OUT IN ANGER AND USE IT AGAINST OTHER RELIGIOUS COMMUNITIES..."

161466[/snapback]

Well this does happen, but fortunately not on a regular basis We have good and bad in all religions

sher_panjabi,

It's obvious she must have been pakistani muslim... they have it in for Sikhs they will do anything to undermine us and our faith.

You should have call in bro and pretended you was muslim and given them an account of why every 2 hours a woman is raped or gang raped by tribal councils in pakistan while the authorities seem be powerless to stop it. That would have really got their backs up :lol: