Chrisitian Missionary Targetting Sikhs In Panjab & Uk

GurSa Singh

is it any more obvious that sikhi in india is going down the pipe? And i suppose it's our own fault for not trying to enforce sikhi values... then again, everyone should be accountable for themselves. SO i guess we do it to ouselves. What can be done? if anything...

. What can be done? if anything...

Parchaar with a capital "P". We need to wake these sleeping Hindoostani Sikhs up. We need to go back to Hindoostan and show these Sikhs that there are GurSikhs in the West!!

Tell you what I'd rather see some flashy young sant/baba/mahapursh/108 guy doing Sikhi parchaar than these christian missionaries tricking their way into Sikh families. I am beginning to see what the problem is in Hindoostan!!!

Daas' suggestion for possible ways of Parchaar:

* Panjab needs POSITIVE Gursikh ROLE MODELS

.... At the moment men, women, old and young watch television and films like its a religion or something!

* Youth involvement.

... Be honest what is there to do for kids living in the village in Panjab? Gurmat Classes? Gatka Classes? Kirtan classes? Projects need to be started where people could involved in ACTIVE EXPLORATION and LEARNING.

* Educate mothers

... Have literacy programmes for mothers, classes for mothers to learn basic Gurmat, Kirtan, Gurbani etc as well as basic parenting skills (i.e. how to communicate and inspire your children).

At the moment Guru Ghars in India (in fact most places in the world!) are "SIKH TEMPLES" (i.e. places of WORSHIP) when actually Guru Sahib made the Gurdwara as a place for obtaining WISDOM, EDUCATION, SUPPORT, INSPIRATION and CONNECTING with Guru Sahib.

The above suggestions are more for bodies like SGPC to carry out.

On individual basis what we can do is when we go to India and stay with family then use the time to sit with the family do Gurmat Vichaar, start a routine of doing collective Rehraas Sahib da Paath, Sukhmani Sahib in the afernoon etc.... Tell the young children in the house or village stories about Guru Sahibs. Ask time at the local village Gurdwara on Sangrand (the day when everyone goes to the Gurdwara) and do Keertan, Katha or whatever you can do (basically share some food for thought and share a little inspiration from Gurbani).

bhul chuk maaf.

this is a joke

Muslims, than cam da hindu's now the christians - why do they all think we are an easy target?

Answer - wel thats because the majority of us are

Loads of people in the past have attacked to try and destroy Sikhi but history bears testament to the fact that they cannot destroy the flower that Vaheguru has planted on this sansaar. This is nothing new.

Missionaries try to undermine under faiths to somehow 'prove' that they are better. Sikhs are not missionaries, we don't need to pour our natural energies into converting others because we leave that to Vaheguru, rather we should look inward and focus on ourselves and then with the grace off Guru ji the pyaar of Sikhi rubs of on others..

''Man jeet Jag jeet''