Vedanti Does Something Against Badal

kurtas

Oh I think I got over excited. He has only asked them to drop the word Akali. Considering Badal said his party was secular more than 3 years ago, it is good to see the quick response form Vedanti. At this rate he may look at the UK beadbi cases by 2012.

SAD must drop Akali from its name: Vedanti

Tribune News Service

Amritsar, May 4

Giani Joginder Singh Vedanti, Akal Takht Jathedar, has asked the Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) to drop the word Akali from its name as it has given an undertaking to the Election Commission that the party is secular.

In an interview published in the recent issue of the magazine ‘Sant Sipahi’, he has said the SAD has been formed under the patronage of Akal Takht and should address aspirations of the Sikh Panth.

If the SAD cannot maintain its Panthic image or identity, it must drop the word Akali, he said.

He said the saffron colour referred to ‘sanyas’ while xanthia was symbol of ‘chardi kala’ and considered auspicious for Sikhs.

When contacted, Jathedar Vedanti said he stood by the interview given to the magazine. He also said the colour of the ‘Miri-Piri’ emblem and other Sikh flags had to be changed from saffron to xanthia.

He said the SGPC and other Sikh organisations were unaware of the difference between both colours.

Oh I think I got over excited. He has only asked them to drop the word Akali. Considering Badal said his party was secular more than 3 years ago, it is good to see the quick response form Vedanti. At this rate he may look at the UK beadbi cases by 2012.

LOL.gif lol veerji you miscalculated..

its actually 2014 rolleyes.gif

ok jokes aside, I bet theres a catch in this.. maybe Badal and Vedanti had a recent arguement?

Vedanti: Sort me out for the jathedaar position next time

Badal: No!! time for my son wid the tilak on his forehead to have a go.

Vedanti: GRR how DARE u! *goes home and searches through 1000s of reports of Badal but picks his favourite one* AHA! Badal not akaali eh?? Good idea!

PS: lol cant stop now!

If the SAD cannot maintain its Panthic image or identity, it must drop the word Akali, he said.
2 points

a) Ok, get rid of akaali.. by killing it off! (akali means undestroyable huna?)

b) Let jathedaar sahib have a quick taste of his own medicine : If mr Vedanti "cannot maintain its Panthic image or identity, it must" GET OFF THE SEAT OF JATHEDAAR!!!!