Facial Hair

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I'm not amritdhari, but am trying to shape myself into the practices of one. So I know that an amritdhari should not remove facial hair. Am I right? I have facial hair, and I haven't removed it, but my mother says more of them are growing and that I should remove them. This is the fifth time she's told me this. I keep saying I do not want to remove them because its not the amirtdhari thing to do...but she insists, saying they do not look good.

What am I supposed to do? If I agree with her, and get rid of my facial hair, have I done a kureit? Am I even right that amritdhari's don't remove facial hair? It's all about simplicity isn't it?

I hate talking about this on the world wide web, but I have no one else to ask.

Thank you sangat jee. Any advice would be great.

Guest Guest

You are correct that Amritdharis are not allowed to remove or alter any hair from any part of their body.

It is excellent you are working towards the Amritdhari lifestyle. You should explain to your mother your aim to take Amrit and that hair removal is incompatible with an Amritdhari lifestyle.

Generally, hair will come back thicker, more coarse and more noticeable, if it is removed previously.

Fateh

yo same here.....my moms like i wanna get ur upper lips or sumthin permanently done......then you can do watever you want....ima just like buddy....you keep dat laser thing or watever away from my face.....ima gonna take amrit soon too.....hopefully......and shes like then you waont be able to do it....ima like das good.....shes like jus get it done.....its like buddy.....nnooo!!!......you see bibian wid beards and stuff....you know how proud i feel....... d_oh.gif .......and so jus try to convince her....she cant really do anything...stay in chardji kala panji!!! :lol:

Fateh

Guest mEeEe!

bhenjii...dnt wrry ive been in the same situation...i stopped doing my upper lip, eyebrow etc........while they're growing out..... they would seem as if they are growing twice as much or looking proper bad.....but later they seem to look normal...to you and hopefully to your family aswell....as my mum used to say that my eyebrows look like a jungle lol,

at the end of the day when you are happy with yourself you dnt need to think about what people are saying.....to be honest it doesnt effect you anymore..... because guru ji gives you the courage and the pyaar you have for guru ji helps you to understand that there is sooooo much more to life than just doing your eyebrows etc blush.gif

......as it is said.....the true beauty lies within each indivduall :TH:

hpe i made sence loll!

bhul chukh maaf!

Gurfateh Jee

wjkk wjkf

dear panji,

this problem comes up a lot in modern society.

thats, it. society. in western society it is considered the beatifufl thing to be "Hairless" however, if u were in europe, the fashionble thing is to keep you hair on ur body. so thts the fashion point of view. now for the scientific point of view, theres this fabulous book call Hair Power, u can by it from Sacha Sauda, and it has all the scientific positive, like did u no tht the reason we have hair on our faces is becasue thts where lunar energy strike (like sun rays but its moon rays) and the more hair u hav there, the weaker ur imunity to it is so God's doing u a favor and giving u a sort of "moonscreen" (like sunscreen). now for religious point of view, DONT! Guru Sahib Ji is not stupid taht he would giver you somthing for no reason. would you cut of ur ears if they were not in style and they "looked bad". tell ur mom all about Bhai Taru, Bhai Mati Daas JI, Bhai Sati Daas Ji, the Sahibzadey, Mata Bhaag Kaur. tell her taht after all they went through, getting bricked alive, being chopped into pieces, getting their scalp chisled off, etc. than y should i cut my hair for fashion's ske or becasue "it doewsnt llook good". tell her u may be disobeying her but u will NOT disobey ur true parents; Mata Sahib Kaur and Guru Gobind Singh Ji. they are u really matter. tell all this 2 ur mom in a polite way and tell her tht u simply choose n not 2 and tht there r many other girlz tht dont do either cuz they hold their tru FAther's will and order, higher than tht of society.

bhul chuk maaf,

wjkk wjkf

TOON MERA PITAA TOON HAI MERAA MATAA

TOON MERA BHANDIP TOO MERA BHRATAA

YOU ARE MY FATHER YOU ARE MY MOTHER

YOU ARE MY BEST FRIEND YOU ARE MY BROTHER

Guest Guest

i'm not being bad but when it comes down to it, its all about your mother being worried about u getting married and what people will say.

if only singhs were stronger in their jeevan, they wouldn't care bout these things. hence nor would society and girls.-

Bhenji, you are a descendant of Mai Bhag Kaur. Bhenji, you're a descendent of Mata Sahib Kaur.

This is an issue between you and your mum.

You've got the optinion of listening to your mum, or if you strongly feel that you want to become an Amritdhari, then you'd have to tell her that this is something you want to do, and if you don't want to remove them, it shoudl be your choice. It is after all, your appearance she's worried about. Speak to your parents about it. Don't just brush it asaid. Sit down for an hour or two and explain to her in a calm manner how this is something you're committed to doing.

Meanwhile keep on doing ardaas:)

Stay in Chardikala, daughter of Mata Sahib Kaur and descedant of Mai Bhag Kaur, and the countless Matava in mir manu's jail.

Guru ang Sang

• 5 years later...
Guest Gupt Kaur

I've come across a similar problem. Im a 27 year old sikh girl -not amrit thari and I never used to remove body/facial hair until recently as my mum was on my case saying how wrong and unhygienic it looks with females growing facial hair etc and how that is the reason I am getting no riste (alliances)for marriage -considering my age.

My mum is religious and does nitnem, rehras, sukhmani sahib and kirtan sohila -who was an ex amrit thari. I dont like arguing with my mum as she has been through a lot. My dad left her as she become amrit thari after marriage but he never approved of it and mums amrit broke -after having 3 kids. She is scared that something similar will happen to me too and it is best if I marry a non amrit thari first and then make a decision together to become amrit tharis and make sure both are happy that way.

My mum refers me to a man if i dont remove hair from face and that nowadays society males dont really go for women with facial or body hair (including the kes tharis and amrit tharis as ive experienced). Also trys to justify this stating historically the females in guru ji's times were beautiful women and did not have beards and facial hair growing.

I'm not sure what to do, I am really confused. I have seen many other amrit thari girls removing facial and body hair as they say it oonly matters about head hair for women.

I'm not amritdhari, but am trying to shape myself into the practices of one. So I know that an amritdhari should not remove facial hair. Am I right? I have facial hair, and I haven't removed it, but my mother says more of them are growing and that I should remove them. This is the fifth time she's told me this. I keep saying I do not want to remove them because its not the amirtdhari thing to do...but she insists, saying they do not look good.

What am I supposed to do? If I agree with her, and get rid of my facial hair, have I done a kureit? Am I even right that amritdhari's don't remove facial hair? It's all about simplicity isn't it?

I hate talking about this on the world wide web, but I have no one else to ask.

Thank you sangat jee. Any advice would be great.

Removal of hair, make up and dolling yourself up is the easy way out of it, in my opinion. As a girl with excessive hair on my face to the point my father has commented i am growing a beard and others in my family politely mentioned hair removal or bleaching my face, I know that is not all about the hair. Outside of my immediate family, no one ever notices my excessive hair. It is over shadowed by my personality. I have had more proposals than I can remember and have never been made to feel inferior based on my looks or clothes, infact its the other way around, I am made to feel good about who i am.

I think anyone wants to remove facial hair, I would recommend they work on their personality. First love yourself and secondly make yourself pleasant to be around. With those two things, you will never be held back by your hair, instead you'll find others sticking up for you and complimenting you.

love yourself, and others will love you too. feeling insecure only makes the flaws stick out more

If you can hack having a beard as a girl then go for it. But if you do take amrit and go further in your sikhi. However if you know for a fact that growing a beard will make you feel insecure about yourself and will stop you from doing your daily tasks. Then I advise you to NOT keep your facial hair; just relax do simran, seva and bani. Don't worry about it just go with the flow.