harimander sahib gold

Gupt daasan daas

do u think ranjit singh should have put the gold up on harimander sahib?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. do u think ranjit singh should have put the gold up on harimander sahib?

• yes
    • no

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how is it for guru ji, and sure guru ji sai d that....... but he sad that as being humble. dont' we all have pictures of maharaj, remember guru ji in ardaas, true gur-sikhs can say he is their father...... and if u goto some gurdwaras they have models of guru sahib now (wax).

but ne ways, how is the gold for guru gobind singh ji veer ji?

harminder sahib wuz already there, maharja ranjti singh ji just "painted" it with gold

When u enter darbar sahib.. u can see ppls name mentioned on the marbles.. Saying "this singh from this place donated this much etc.." What about them??

Regarding mah. ranjit singh .. i don't think he did anything wrong of giving gurdwara sahib a good decoration.. maybe the ppls after him gave him lil credit by mentioning his name and stuff.. but i think that's all fine cauz this king wasn't greedy at all like others hana.. and he deserved lil credit for whatever he did.. he gave sooooo many stuff to gurdwara (sadly most of em were destroyed by hindia during 84 :) )

Also.. there are old saying around that ranjit singh got cursed cauz he went against the saying of guru sahibs regarding decorating stuff and also the famous rumor of kohinoor diamond etc... All of these stuff are just plain old punjabi rumors..

When u enter darbar sahib.. u can see ppls name mentioned on the marbles.. Saying "this singh from this place donated this much etc.." What about them??

if you go to the new southall gurdwara there is an area with a plaque on the wall with all the names of people who donated the most in building the new 17 million pound gurdwara. This gurdwara is now the biggest gurdwara outside India and has a dome made out of gold which, apparently cost 3 million pounds itself :( @

i personally believe that donating (i.e. giving dasvand) is a good seva and should be the part of every gursikhs life (as gursikhs are meant to earn honestly worthy.gif: ), but should also be done discretely. These 'honouring' methods are simply put up so that they may gain credit by people and to have some power in the gurdwara - you know what gurdwara politics are like today :)

it is just for their hankaar to put it simply.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

<

br>

the gold is replaced every few years and the old gold is melted down and sold. I beleive that those names are probably those who donated to the current gold etc..

All of these stuff are just plain old punjabi rumors..

actually i gave you the truth of it, he was cursed for violating guru sahibs hukam, trust me guys pick up any history book on the subject and you will find out about it.

i went to a festival thing in uk few years back when i was younger it was about maharaja dalip singh like a camp and other stuff, it was interesting, i learned a lot about the kingdoms there and they showed us his grave and his families graves.

If we can DEcorate the Palkee of our Guru with Gold then why not the House?? If we can Spend Thousands of dollars on Clothes ( im not sure if they have a name, forgive me) that are covering our Guru when our guru is sitting on his Throne and being read, then why not a layer of Gold.

To do Satkaar to our guru, it is necessary to have decoration. If Simple Worldy Kings can have Thrones of Gold and their Castles built of Marble, then why can't OUR KING of KING the SGGS have a house of Gold?? It does not show Greed, it shows the Greatness. We give our Guru the best, the most valuable thing in this world...not because our Guru needs it, but it is a way to show our Devotion. The reality is that there is nothing in this world we can give to our Guru except our Head....not even gold or Diamonds measures up to the Singhs who gave their heads to our Guru. But thru worldly Gifts we give, Gold carries great value.

I don't think the gold on Harmandir Sahib increase the Potency of the Shabads, Nor does it Decrease it.

I am not saying theres anything wrong with the fact he put gold there. Its WHY he put it there in the first place. guru sahib said do not create monuments in my name or this this and that will happen, he did it anyway.

guru sahib obviously doesnt go back on his word, once he says something will happen, it will happen, simple as that.

I am not saying theres anything wrong with the fact he put gold there. Its WHY he put it there in the first place. guru sahib said do not create monuments in my name or this this and that will happen, he did it anyway.

guru sahib obviously doesnt go back on his word, once he says something will happen, it will happen, simple as that.

maybe i am not understand what you are trying to say, but veer, the Monument was already there, Raja Ranjit singh ji simply Added Gold to it.....the worship place was already there. How is it that by putting Gold on the harmandir Sahib it turned from Worshipping Waheguru to Worshipping the 10th Guru??

sorry i don't get it :) :T:

ok it would be more clear.. lets pretend he put up a gold statue of guru gobind singh jee on the parkarma..

now u understand right? he violated the hukam.. but instead of making a statue.. he put the gold on harmandir sahib as the monument.. u get it? monuments dont have to be buildings or statues, they can also be soemthing added to an existing building etc.