Slough Shaheedi Divas

"Strictly no alcohol or tabaco permitted at this event"

It will be great to see this on the entrance of Jassa Singh Ramgarhia Party Hall Slough! Whats the point of a Sikh School run by people who abuse Gurudwara Property?

Anywhere I hear the Slough Party Hall is rented out on Fridays to young revellers!! The School & Party hall can link up and have regular gigis there, oh but I forget they are linked under the umbrella of Ramgarhia Gurdwara! Great future........

Jassa Singh Ramgarhia, if he came back I bet he would be the first to demolish the party halls.

It will be great to see this on the entrance of Jassa Singh Ramgarhia Party Hall Slough! Whats the point of a Sikh School run by people who abuse Gurudwara Property?

Anywhere I hear the Slough Party Hall is rented out on Fridays to young revellers!! The School & Party hall can link up and have regular gigis there, oh but I forget they are linked under the umbrella of Ramgarhia Gurdwara! Great future........

Jassa Singh Ramgarhia, if he came back I bet he would be the first to demolish the party halls.

It's amazing the situation we are in. Today we need to specify "Strictly no alcohol or tabaco permitted at this event" on our own Dharmic events.

Is the Khalsa school being run by the Ramgharia Gurdwara Slough?

It's amazing the situation we are in. Today we need to specify "Strictly no alcohol or tabaco permitted at this event" on our own Dharmic events.

Is the Khalsa school being run by the Ramgharia Gurdwara Slough?

We do we celebrate Sri Guru Arjan Dev Ji's Shaheedi with funfairs?? Is Guruji's shaheedi all about fun? Anyway I think Guruji's shaheedi has been so abused with funfairs and kabbadi tournements that people automatically think its a piss up in the park.

All the organisers names on the poster are Ramgarhia Gurdwara Slough boys, especially Jaswinder Singh Bahra!!!

Anyway Guruji you must have loads of fun giving shaheedi, thats why we celebrate your memory by jumping on bouncy castles and funfairs.....

vahegurujikakhalsavahegurujikifateh

We celebrate shaheed! we always have done. we dont morn our shaheeds, we celebrate their seadfastness in faith. Sahaheed is a great tradition in Sikhi, started by Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Arjan Sahib Ji... Guru Arjan Sahib Ji is the King of Shaheeds! We love our shaheeds and there steadfastness in faith... this is what we celebrate. Also, sports, wrestling etc was encouraged by Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Amardas Sahib Ji. Jor mela is always celebrated on the shaheed of Guru Ji (and in december for guru Sahib Ji's sahibjadae etc) as per sikh tradiition.

also, there was asa di //, paath, keertan, katha ardas etc starting at 6am. i personaly do believe shaheed should be celebrated.

bhul chuk maaf

Waheguru ji ka khalsa,waheguru ji ki Fateh

Dear brother, sikhi is not about fun, i think if we are celebrating shaheedi purab of guru maharaj then there is a marayada of these celebration, the Aim of celebration is to remember the shaheedi of Guru Arjun dev sahib ji & Gurmat parchar... so my respected brother sisters , how will you remember guru ji's shaheedi or how you should do gurmat parchar .... ahhhh i Got it.. bouncy castel.. we will sit on twister and will pay our tribute to Guru ji good way to pay your tribute ... Now m thinkin to buk some classes & will send my jatha to these peep and will ask my jatha that learn sumthing from them .. see how can you do parchar.. will tell them not to write eassy or speeches just make disgn of New rides so whenever we orgnise any kirtan darbar it will help you ... haaaa.. it is very shamefull that we are makin it just mela where there are fun rides bouncy twister and so on .... Guru Arjun Dev sahib Ji , the First Shaheed of Sikhs .. we should pay tribute to guru ji in way of sikhism ... ya as u say for kabaddi.. who stop you.. orgnise gatka compitision ... one thing more i know that you orgnise kirtan darbar too but what bout kids will they listen the kirtan or katha ... its our duty to teach them bout sikhism and i dont think that kids or our youngster will listen kirtan or katha coz they will be busy in payin tribute throuhgh bouncy twister walster..plz this is my benti that there is a guru marayada for everything plz ...so plz respect that gurumaryada ....baki anjaan haan koi bhul chuk hogi hove te chota veer jaan ke baksh lena ji

thanks for your contribution veerji

your right huna, we should celebrate in a sikh way hunaaa... but children are not going to sit through kirtan and gurbani. its in childrens nature to play Guru Hargonind Sahib's son was fond of playing hide and seek. Usually there are functions for children, i dont know about the slough mela cus i wasnt there, but like, the ive seen many time at sikh events children colouring in sikh related pictures etc huna... but theres nothing wrong with having a bouncing castle hunaaa its for children not for us, at events you need something to suit the needs of the whole family huna then theres more chance of families coming to such events huna. children can only learn for so long hunaaa and they have to be willing aswell.

chal thats just my opinion anyways.

bhul chuk maaf

Dear brother i totaly agree wid you that its in kids nature but dear bro beside these rides or what we can orgnise other thing like Gatka, showing them gatka & our Shastar ... coz they atrract kids ... we can orgnise a gurmat quiz...should tell them about our proud histroy ..but as u say its too my opinion ... so my dear bro, orgnisers know what they doing let them do what they want to do... i think if we will say sumthing they not gonna stop...waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji fateh