Ardas?help!

Guest dumb singh

True prayer is expressed in Silence, but one may certainly begin with words to reach that state. When you have nothing left to say, when you prayer alone is expressing Gratitude, when words no longer are necessary rather your Silence begins to speak in a manner in which words fail to express. Such is the zenith of Prayer.

wait... a lil confused... what do you mean by Silence... do you mean saying it to yourself inside, cuz technically even that isn't silence, right? Our thoughts are busy, tik kay nei bainday... so, when is there EVER silence? we can say the holiest of people have that pure silence, so then that would suggest no ardaas is pure unless you're "paunchiya hoya"... but then how do you reach this stage? you can't do it yourself, you need God's help.... which would require a request... which comes back to ardaas...

so then... can the average Joe ever reach that inner peace and silence that allows such a "true" prayer to be made?

Saying it inside is a step closer to silence and yes you are right even then you are using words. Notice i did say that one may use words or one can begin with words. But words themselves are limited in fully expressing extreme emotions.

Now don't take this as the only way to pray, i am not saying Prayer in words carry no significance....nor am I trying to make this a black and white thing......your expression of whatever you wish to express whether it be through Words or Silence is a form of Prayer given that your mind comes along with the prayer.

[disclaimer]

Just to clarify a little bit, nor am I belitteling or trying to sway anyone away from the Maryada of Ardaas. Certianly it is an expression of great significance.

[/disclaimer]

But are words the only way to express how one feels or needs to the Divine Mother who herself is Antarjami? If she is Anterjami does she not know what I need and what I don't need?

what words will you use to express you Love, Gratitude, Vismaad? To be in a state of utter Gratitude, which is one of the expression of a prayer, what words will you use to express this Gratitude if not silence? Surely one may say a thousand words upon words upon words but in the end one will ultimatly will have said nothing at all in comparison to the amount of gifts she has bestowed which brought upon this expression of Gratitude, this prayer. But I too would be wrong to say that those words used to express Gratitude would carry no weight. They most certainly are relevent but an expression of helplessness is there in expressing what cannot be expressed fully through the mind/words.

Why can't it be reached my beautiful veer ji, surely it is not inconcievable, nor is it only for 'Paunchiay hoya' individuals? I don't think i need to express the obviuos here my veer as you are more learned than I am...but She listens to you Just as attentively as she listens to a Saint. Next time you pray, begin by expressing Gratitude and when this feeling of Gratitude overwhelms you then tell me what words you used to express that Graitude? If all you were left with was Shukar Hai, Shukar Hai, Waheguru, Waheguru, Dhan Guru Nanak, Dhan Guru Nanak, then such words are but an expression of your unexpressable Gratitude. Every 'Shukar Hai' would bring upon a zolt of ananda...then slowly even these words will become silent...because the mind would become silent.

Notice i did not relate Prayer with Complaints or using prayer to complain to God, using such intentions for prayer it is obviuos words will be used. I have been taught that the true purpose of Prayer was to express Gratitude for what he has given. It is also true that I have made my share of complaints, but in the end i have always been left with silence (lack of words).

WJKK WJKF

Waheguru d_oh.gif:@

WJKK WJKF

Saying it inside is a step closer to silence and yes you are right even then you are using words. Notice i did say that one may use words or one can begin with words. But words themselves are limited in fully expressing extreme emotions.

the words are limited but u can say: "mere dhadha tusi app jaani jaan ho"