Uk So Called Sikh Youth

Guest gurpreet_singh101

Drugs, Alcohol and nicotine abuse.

I dont see whats wrong with drinking 'moderatly,' every now and then, since some scientific research has proven that light drinking could prove good for your health.

Wearing baseball caps over their patkas

Hmmmm confused on this one.

Shaving or trimming their beards.

Maybe they are not ready to keep their beards, yet??

Not giving or sharing as they should.

Dont know where you got this one from

Not praying and listening to bani, instead spending more time listening to bhangra music and watching tv and going to gigs and clubs.

I dont think theres anything wrong with going to bhangra gigs and having a good time but i think they should also remember God and do bani.

Not going to the Gurdwara on a regular basis and going for a drink on a daily basis

The youth should be encouraged to go to the Gurdwara with a pure mind not a empty head, some people go to the Gurdwara every week just to have a chit chat with their mates.

Not listening to their parents and elders.

Elders are not always right, they tend to bring their children up in tradition rather than religion

This type of behaviour causes your body and soul to loose touch with God, and ultimately you loose track of the aim of life that was given to you by the all mighty. The result of this causes the 5 evils to take hold of your actions, which directs you away from becoming a Gursikh

Excess of such behaviour does loose ones touch with God, i agree.

I dont see whats wrong with drinking 'moderatly,' every now and then, since some scientific research has proven that light drinking could prove good for your health.

Not praying and listening to bani, instead spending more time listening to bhangra music and watching tv and going to gigs and clubs.

I dont think theres anything wrong with going to bhangra gigs and having a good time but i think they should also remember God and do bani.

Not going to the Gurdwara on a regular basis and going for a drink on a daily basis

The youth should be encouraged to go to the Gurdwara with a pure mind not a empty head, some people go to the Gurdwara every week just to have a chit chat with their mates.

Elders are not always right, they tend to bring their children up in tradition rather than religion

This type of behaviour causes your body and soul to loose touch with God, and ultimately you loose track of the aim of life that was given to you by the all mighty. The result of this causes the 5 evils to take hold of your actions, which directs you away from becoming a Gursikh

Buddy...what are you talking about? You think it is okay to drink in moderation?...well Guru Ji says something else...seriously man...there is a difference in what you feel, and what is actual Sikhi. We can't make our own version of Sikhism, by saying what is okay, and what is not.

Listen to Guru Ji alone...don't just listen to your mind.

Buddy...what are you talking about? You think it is okay to drink in moderation?...well Guru Ji says something else...seriously man...there is a difference in what you feel, and what is actual Sikhi. We can't make our own version of Sikhism, by saying what is okay, and what is not.

Listen to Guru Ji alone...don't just listen to your mind.

ummm...i thikn bhaiji/bhenji was trying to show the attitude people have these days? :@ @

Twisted thinking of those who prefer picking and choosing what bits of Sikhi they want to follow and leaving others out

I blame the society of today

ummm...i thikn bhaiji/bhenji was trying to show the attitude people have these days? :) @

Yep :TH:

Twisted thinking of those who prefer picking and choosing what bits of Sikhi they want to follow and leaving others out

I blame the society of today

im sorry to have disappointed you but thats how i feel. :@

I honestly dont see anything wrong with moderate drinking which scientific research has proven to be healthy. Obviously people should refrain from drinking excess and losing themselves and acting crazy.

Actually i dont know what im saying since im from a family of alcoholics rolleyes.gif

Sat Sri Akal:

"I honestly dont see anything wrong with moderate drinking which scientific research has proven to be healthy."

Diet and exercise yield far more benefit to your health. And plenty of people start with only one drink...suddenly, they are alcoholics. The benefit is soon overshadowed by the disease of addiction.

Guest lowest of the low singhni

the path of gursikhi has no space for personal feelings...it involves unconditional love, faith and obedience in Maharaj and Gurbani. Bhai Mardana Ji did everything Guru Saheb asked of him, no matter if it seemed totally crazy to everyone else in the world. if Maharaj tells us not to drink, then we don't drink. no matter if science thinks it knows best. it's simple.

gradually we can realise that Maharaj knows best all the time about everything, seeing as we're not as smart as Bhai Mardana who caught on pretty early.

seeing as we're not as smart as Bhai Mardana who caught on pretty early.
his karam were amazing..but yeah we are so stupid infront of him.
Actually i dont know what im saying since im from a family of alcoholics
lol.

The previous post of Akhoza which involved trying 2 disarm the article point by point shows shes a true sikhsangat member.

If you're bored what do you do? - Ooh yeah let's disprove this text little by little. If it reaches Guru ji's Baani...

..someone will suffer.