Urgent Help - Cancer

SSA, My dad has just been told he has liver cancer (hepatoma) and it is not curable therefore they cannot get rid of the cancer as it is at an advance stage. This has come as a shock for all of us as the doctors said he was very healthy and showed no signs of having hepatoma. They said they cannot operate therefore our only options are radiotherapy and chemotherapy which could help only in the short term. I have heard of some people who have been to the Holy Harminder Sahib and people who have recited paths has helped cure people of cancer? Can anyone offer any help or advice it would be much appreciated. WJKK WJKF

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

This is a hard topic for me to get into.

I have a bad thing to say and a good thing to say.

The good is : I know how you feel . My mom has a huge brain tumor with the same situation you have

And I wont tell you the bad. It might get personal, from your dads habits etc.

Im only trying to help by not telling you the bad :console:

hey man dont loose your heart just read what is written there ...Tera kiya meetha laage ..har naam padarath nanak mange.... just leave everything on god ..u know bout vasu bhardavaj Cancer Patient.. if no then just see this video you will get what u have to do now

http://media.waheguroo.com/KhalsaTV/True_S...su_Bhardwaj.wmv

Waheguru kirpa kare ...Nanak Naam Chardi Kala Tere Bhane Sarbat Da Bhala

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

We are only merely mortals, it's very difficult for us to break away from the 5 evils in this age of darkness. I am very sorry to hear about your father's situation and I honestly do pray that he finds sukhi.

As sikhs we should be aware of death at all times but people like myself take it lightly; 'we're going to die in 50-60 years time..etc'. We have the Rehat Mar-yada to remind us of how to live through this life as good, honest people before we inevitably die. Scientific advancements and breakthroughs may have brought about methods to prolong human life, as well as a 'cure' to stop ageing and consequently age-related conditions/diseases. Having said that, our time to go will come and is predestined.

We must prepare ourselves before this end and so pyario jee, everyone is in the same boat as everyone else except that some individuals have been given advance warning about their potential end.

My advice would be to first (if not already) become strong in rehit and then beg for amrit. Have the lifestyle of a gursikh, do your abhiyaas and nitnem whole-heartedly and live everyday as your last (this applies to everyone).

ismir ismir ismir suK pwvhu ]

Meditate, meditate, meditate in remembrance of Him, and find peace.

I dont know how much help i've been but we are only humans and we do have feelings, but this is one of those less talked evils (moh = attachment) that we must one day face and learn to defeat.

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

I am sorry to say, but there is nothing that can be done through listening to just path alone.

If I were to give one advice, that would be to: goto harimandir sahib, and do sewa(lots and lots of it). And with the purity of the heart listen to the kirtan, and do more sewa.

See, it is in times like these, that people remember (or resort) to the last choice: the guru.

i have read it many times, and experienced, sometime we remember everything but the guru , who runs this business. It is only is times that we have no choice left that we do the right thing by going to the guru, which we should have been doing our entire lives. Afterall that is our purpose.

Also, i would like to know, say on a scale of (1-10), how religious has your dad been, not just religious, but has cared about sikhi, and has refelected upon the guru's teachings. That would help.

Anyways, my final advice, goto gurudwaras, and do sewa, empty all the things in your heart, for it is only him(guruji) that can cure him, for he can cure what cannot be cured.

If I may suggest tell him to go and do sewa at these places, for going to these places, will help him heal, and come closer to guruji.

--Ponta Sahib

--Hemkunt Sahib

--Anandpur Sahib

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji ki Fateh.

Swami Ram Dev on the Aastha channel recovered from paralysis from the neck down just through yoga. His practices have proven to help thousands around the world, sometimes bringing people back to full health, having suffered from potentially fatal diseases.

I don't know if you want to believe in it or not - but perhaps it is worth a try. If you are in the UK, I believe he is doing a lot of classes in London somewhere during the month of July. He claims that even if you don't believe in it - just following his yoga excercises will still be of benefit to you. If he can cure someone from diabetes, then I'm sure he'd be able to help your father to feel better perhaps?

Of course there is never going to be a cure for the inevitable, but I would definately say that all these people's advice should be followed to ensure that your father is atleast happy and feeling good for himself. Do what you can, do your duty, and leave the rest to WaheguruJi!

Keep faith!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji ki Fateh

Thanks for all your replies. With regard to Jashans reply my dad is religious in the sense he does paath daily and reads holy books when he can and goes to gurdwara weekly. He also takes a great interest in listening to sikhi programmes on tv and radio. Overall in my eyes he epitomises what a Sikh needs to be he always offers help to those in need. WJKK WJKF