Disappointed And Appointed ..my Visit To My Punjab

Wahe Guru Ji Ka Khalsa Wahe Guru Ji Ki Fateh,[/size]

Before nything ..First things First ...Whatever i describe in my post is completely my view and nt to generalize ny thing for ny 1.

For a last couple of years i was just hoping that when will I get a chance to visit my own Punjab ...since i saw so much abt Punjab and Punjabis on TV...and last time I visited the place was too young to observe ny thing in details and draw a conclusion out of it...so finally when my family told me that we were planning a 1 week trip to punjab...i knndaa started looking forward towards it and finally the day I arrived and I boarded the Train frm Mumbai (where i stay in INDIA)the whole train was full of Punjabis and Sikhs which gave me preacqired feeling of Belongingness.

Finally I reached my Destination Jalandhar where my Uncle was there to receive me and take us to his place where he stayed in Kapurthala.....right frm the beginning of My journey I started observing the things around and when i reached Punjab...my observations started taking shape as i wanted to know the actual Sikhi Scene in Punjab.

The Journey was 4-5 day paisa vasool journey in every moment i wanted to feel that i was in the same Punjab of whose essense was spread across the globe and the origin of all that was the Punjab where I was ...the feeling itself is unexplainable....

-----the simple feeling that everyone overthere was speaking Punjabi made me overjoyed cozz im used to speakin Hindi and Marathi at my place of Living----

Nyways Coming to the main topic of Discussion that I wat ever i observed in GURUDWARAS ANd Golden Temple ....i saw the Sikh Youth of punjab initially in Kapurthala...most of them NRIS like cut surds and with Bikes roaming in search of ny glimpse of a Mutiyaar ...but none the less they had to be satisfied with their Bikes as their soul companion.

Then when i visited a lot of Gurudwaras near by ...initally i was very disappointed with almost evry Sikh youth had either trimmed beards or were nt intersted(even keshdhari sikhs) in the Gurdwaras but the selected visitors of the holy place.

The same was the case on the streets and markets...i was a little disappinted and a feeling that the origin of Sikhi is losing its Holiness and spiritual essence...to the extent that my feelings did nt change even when i visited the Golden temple..more than holiness and the Spiritual feeling of the place i was gripped by a feeling a strange sadness and Fear ..... :) @ ... grin.gif ... wacko.gif .....this was the disappointing part that i explained in nt very brief manner ...but the positive outcome is there which i mentioned as Appointed part in the Title of My posts...

.......Beginning with the same discussion that the Youth seemed to be distracted and the Sikhs were nt true pure ones i recollected that the Cut surds that i saw in the Gurudwaras were aactually doing seva and some of them evn with the Trimmed beards were with the Yellow patkas and were behaving with Utmost humbleness and respect ...in GOLDEN TEMPLE so many Monas were taking the Holy Dip and doing Ardaas and so many of then even took Gutkas and started with Paath...i was really Happy at this...the feeling now that was instilled was that the Sikhi has a long way to go and does nt rely on forcefull acceptance. :T: :e: :nihungsmile: :TH: d_oh.gif

**One more observation that i drew was that we always blame the Sikh Youth getting Distracted and trimming their Beard and So on ...but overthere i saw as many elderly Sikhs with Cut and trimmed Beards....but again having utmost shraddha in Guru Ji.

I dunno what u people think of it but to me it was a trip with Mixed emotions and so many moods.

I have a had change in my approach towards my fellow punjabis and Sikhs after that visit.

There is lot more to discuss with my Sikh Youth Board over here abt Various Topics ...but plzi want some feedback on this. :@pray.gif :TH:

Guest Bass Singh

VJKK VJKF!

WOAH, NEVER KNEW IT WAS LIKE THAT, I AINT BEEN 4 AGES, LAST TIME I WENT PANJAB WAS WHEN I WAS 6 AND ME LIKE 19 NOW, SO I WOULD WANA SEE WHAT ITS LIKE, HOWEVER DIDN’T U ONLY STAY 4 1 WEEK, SO HOW COULD U SEE EVERYTHING INNIT! TRY NOT 2 BE HARD ON URSELF ABOUT WHAT U SAW? BECAUSE I DNT THINK U WENT EVERYWHERE IN PANJAB!

BUT ILL HAVE TO SEE 4 MYSELF!

HOPE U HAD A GOOD TIME THOUGH!!

VJKK VJKF

VJKK VJKF!

WOAH, NEVER KNEW IT WAS LIKE THAT, I AINT BEEN 4 AGES, LAST TIME I WENT PANJAB WAS WHEN I WAS 6 AND ME LIKE 19 NOW, SO I WOULD WANA SEE WHAT ITS LIKE, HOWEVER DIDN’T U ONLY STAY 4 1 WEEK, SO HOW COULD U SEE EVERYTHING INNIT! TRY NOT 2 BE HARD ON URSELF ABOUT WHAT U SAW? BECAUSE I DNT THINK U WENT EVERYWHERE IN PANJAB!

VJKK VJKF

Khalsa Ji the State of sikhi in punjab is very bad can only pray to guru ji that plz do kirpa... i ts ver disappointed and painfull when i saw my punjab now

Pajji should I tell you the truth,most people in international countries dont give a crap whats happening in punjab because most gurudwara committee's will say who cares about punjab we are in america or most parents will say "son u should worry about ur studies,tu ki lehna dehna punjab vicho" thats my opinion for many parents and sikhs in other countries about punjab. Baki u haven't seen anything in a week. All those trimmed beards guy do path but they also drink.

VJKK VJKF!

VJKK VJKF

Khalsa Ji the State of sikhi in punjab is very bad can only pray to guru ji that plz do kirpa... i ts ver disappointed and painfull when i saw my punjab now

Guest PunjabSingh

So how can we get Khalsa Raj then ?

I for one got a jolt and became more aware of my Sikh heritage and religion after 1984 and later events .

Do we need another jolt to wake these sleeping Sikhs in Punjab ?

Why dont you true Gursikhs living outside Punjab come and give us a jolt here.

an honest conffesion:

How can we people in western/UK countries care about punjab? I ment takea look at some of us, we drive expensive cars, own big houses and have lots of riches. As a result, why should we care about others? we have become so obsessed with riches and power over here, we forget our people in punjab.

But then again how is one born in canada, UK, any other country going to really help on someone elses politcal issues? how can we help when we don't know anything about it? and what about othes who don't even come from that background? surewe can help guard and protect important sikh temples and complexes, but why should outside people help them? really, it;s even worse than people who don'y know anything about punjab politics because we do it wrong... sorry, it's just what others feel around here. no.gif

an honest conffesion:

How can we people in western/UK countries care about punjab? I ment takea look at some of us, we drive expensive cars, own big houses and have lots of riches. As a result, why should we care about others? we have become so obsessed with riches and power over here, we forget our people in punjab.

But then again how is one born in canada, UK, any other country going to really help on someone elses politcal issues? how can we help when we don't know anything about it? and what about othes who don't even come from that background? surewe can help guard and protect important sikh temples and complexes, but why should outside people help them? really, it;s even worse than people who don'y know anything about punjab politics because we do it wrong... sorry, it's just what others feel around here. no.gif

You are the most stupidest, dumb, closed minded, full of kelea singh i have ever met. Alot can be done to help punjab. But dercy starr obviosly thinks that he is a bad guy.

Calling all singh. You can make a diffrense no matter were you are. Dont listen to big chota brains like lionchild.

lol, if you didn't get a clue from what i said, it was a general feeling of what people outside of punjab feel like...

Personaly, i would not get involved in other epopels political issues, however, i would help in the protection of the sikh temples and help with injured people. Why should outside people get involved? take a look at the war in iraq? or how about samolia? outside people came in and didn't have a clue on the local politics and how stuff worked... it's nice you finally posted nihung, after hiding behind your username and sending me spam PM.s

Listen to me u *EDITED* individeul. If u call yourself a sikh then why not keep you hair and up hold the marayada. U monea just rely on the phrase 'Maan saaf, rhoop saafe'' which means make sure your mind is clear, then you image will folllow along. But you monea will use this exuse all your life and then not be sikhs. Thats why people like you. *EDITED*

post-5483-1150827818.jpg

an honest conffesion:

You are the most stupidest, dumb, closed minded, full of kelea singh i have ever met. Alot can be done to help punjab. But dercy starr obviosly thinks that he is a bad guy.

Calling all singh. You can make a diffrense no matter were you are. Dont listen to big chota brains like lionchild.

lol, if you didn't get a clue from what i said, it was a general feeling of what people outside of punjab feel like...

Personaly, i would not get involved in other epopels political issues, however, i would help in the protection of the sikh temples and help with injured people. Why should outside people get involved? take a look at the war in iraq? or how about samolia? outside people came in and didn't have a clue on the local politics and how stuff worked... it's nice you finally posted nihung, after hiding behind your username and sending me spam PM.s

Listen to me u *EDITED*individeul. If u call yourself a sikh then why not keep you hair and up hold the marayada. U monea just rely on the phrase 'Maan saaf, rhoop saafe'' which means make sure your mind is clear, then you image will folllow along. But you monea will use this exuse all your life and then not be sikhs. Thats why people like you. *EDITED*

lol, i know who that was...first off, i keep up to SGPC maryada, i do keep hair and i don't call myself a sikhs cause i'm not amritdari.

I know peopel have problems with others speaking theri opions on sikhi... if there is one thing i have learned allto well in the sikh community, is that everyone is happy if no oneasks questions and just goes with the program, and people who ask questions and are not punjabi are just "gorey" or losers.

TF with them...

EDITED

How can you be so sure that YOUR a true singh, just because your display names Nihang doesn't make you a Nihang.

A Nihang means erm...Nir Hang...Nir meaning No...and Hang meaning Honkar (pride), and ofcourse Nihang in Persian means crocodile, our Guru Ji gave us this name...dont mis-use it. Nihang = Prideless/Crocodile

You are full of False Pride 'nihung', how can you say that those who have not took amrit are not Sikhs. How much bani do you understand? how much Gurumukhi can you read or write?...if you could do what you just mentioned, you would not be slandering anyone in such a dirty way...

You make such a JOKE out of yourself, change your Username...