Khalsa Colours And Chola/bana

KH4L1$T4N1

WJKK WJKF

Sangat jee, i recently read that the Saffron colour is not a khalsa colour, but a Hindutva colour, i know that a orange/saffron is used by the hindus but is that any differen to the Khalsa colour? or is saffron even a Khalsa colour? could someone provide some reliable historic sources which mention what is Khalsa colour and what is not, also is the importance and origans of the chola and Bana mentioned anywhere in Sikh History as it seems like an adaptation of Muslim dress (Amritpal Singh Site) and as far as i know the only type of bana given to the Sikhs is the 5ks.

WJKK WJKF

Saffron is Hindu colour. It signifies renunciation of the world. Sikhs don’t believe in renouncing the world. The equivalent in Sikhism is Chardi Kala – hope and optimism.

The symbolic colour of Chardi Kala is Besanti ( colour of the spring season – This the colour of the yellow/ yellowish flowers called “Satberg”) . I think the “Besanti “ colour is called “Xanthia” in English .

Saffron colour somehow ( slowly) started to replace the besanti colour of Nishan Sahib after 1947. Somehow the Sikh started to associate the colour of Nishan Sahib (besanti) to that of Kesari (Saffron) colour on the Indian flag.

The green colour on the Indian flag is Muslim colour. The Kesari (Saffron) on the Indian flag is Hindu colour ( the Sikhs being considered/declared Hindus ) The gullible Sikhs started to believe that the Kesari (saffron ) on the flag is also their colour. Now at most places even the Nishan Sahibs are saffron (instead of besanti)

Please also refer to Jathedar Vidanti’s recent remarks

http://www.sikhnet.com/sikhnet/discussion....33;OpenDocument

Saffron is Hindu colour. It signifies renunciation of the world. Sikhs don’t believe in renouncing the world. The equivalent in Sikhism is Chardi Kala – hope and optimism.

The symbolic colour of Chardi Kala is Besanti ( colour of the spring season – This the colour of the yellow/ yellowish flowers called “Satberg”) . I think the “Besanti “ colour is called “Xanthia” in English .

Saffron colour somehow ( slowly) started to replace the besanti colour of Nishan Sahib after 1947. Somehow the Sikh started to associate the colour of Nishan Sahib (besanti) to that of Kesari (Saffron) colour on the Indian flag.

The green colour on the Indian flag is Muslim colour. The Kesari (Saffron) on the Indian flag is Hindu colour ( the Sikhs being considered/declared Hindus ) The gullible Sikhs started to believe that the Kesari (saffron ) on the flag is also their colour. Now at most places even the Nishan Sahibs are saffron (instead of besanti)

Please also refer to Jathedar Vidanti’s recent remarks

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2006/20060505/punjab1.htm#7

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

Khalsa colors are Blue,Black,White and orange.

Every culter has colors and colors represent the culture as a whole as long a things within. You can tell how or what people are with the colors they chose. { Buddhist wear orange only [wisdom/knowledge] Gothics wear black only[dark/mysterious/evil] Jainists wear white to try to stay pure in life etc } If people use certain colors it is a subliminal characteristic of their style.

White=Purity

Orange=Wisdom

Black=Protest

Blue=Bani

Someone correct me if you think this is wrong.

Deg Teg Fateh

Why does Khalsa have colors? It's kind of stupid if you think about it.

Didn't the gurus say "How can certain months be better than others?" in reference to auspicious events? How then can certain colors be better? God created all colors, and don't say that, "Oh he created maya, etc, too, because it's a test..." What kind of test is it to wear certain colors?

I just don't get it, I might be wrong, though. Can somebody explain??

Read Anand Sahib it says you can wear white and be filthy on the inside you must be pure on the outside as well as in.

The Guru even referenced the color white. Gobind clarified the colors Blue and Yellow/Orangish as being the flag colors. and goes along with the story of when the Nishan sahib was dropped in battle and all the Singhs thought they lost when another picked it up. Then he dropped, etc.

So GuruJi said that until all Singhs have fallen then they havent lost and to wear the little bit of material out of the turban at the top, the Sikhs turban is a flag if wearing the correct flag colors.

Long story short :TH:

post-5391-1150474225_thumb.jpg

Anand sahib 18-20

Sorry Bhajanpreet it doesnt strictly refer to the color white but refers to being pure.

It does in SGGS in places refer to color but I cant remember everywhere. So sorry again for saying it refered to the color, but in places in SGGS it does.If I find it Ill pm you.

Akar vada ghaata bhull chukk maaf karne