Big Time Money Making Scam!

http://www.aasthatv.com/swamiramdev_venue.htm

One good thing about the West is that people find out the true colours of Babas & Swamis from India who are just out to make money.

The famous Swami Ramdev (as seen on TV!) is touring the UK with the aim to make people better & make thousands of pounds on the way!

One workshop will be in Elmbridge Sports Grounds in Hainault, Ilford. There will be two 3 hours sessions a day and tickets have varying “suggested” donations. VIP ticket holders are expected to donate £500, Diamond ticket holders donate £300, Gold donates £140 and poor old Silver have to donate only £70!

At the same place every Thursday you can have a 3 hour Salsa class for only £6.50.

People are singing this Swami’s praises and are dying to attend these workshops. Well now the Swami’s true colours are out! He’s money hungry and out to exploit people. Don’t be fooled, no religious person will charge such prices. Where is the SEVA????

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fateh!

LOL! Man what's with the sudden yoga trend with the uncle and aunties. Shows the power of daily TV. I know too many relatives who watch this swamis show on Asatha. I bet when he comes down the UK most of his chela will be apanay! Anyway he's going to make some serious money comming down to the UK.

PS. Someones puting a massive posters up in the Gurdwaras around London regarding the swamis show. I suggest you take them off if you seem them in your local Gurdwara Sahib!

post-5283-1150710695.gif

Fateh!

LOL! Man what's with the sudden yoga trend with the uncle and aunties. Shows the power of daily TV. I know too many relatives who watch this swamis show on Asatha. I bet when he comes down the UK most of his chela will be apanay! Anyway he's going to make some serious money comming down to the UK.

PS. Someones puting a massive posters up in the Gurdwaras around London regarding the swamis show. I suggest you take them off if you seem them in your local Gurdwara Sahib!

That reminds me i'm doing a tour of the whole of Asia next month. do come along and i don't charge as much as Ramdev, :TH:

On a serious note if people fall for idiots like this should we care?

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

What do you get for £500 compared to £70? Probably front row seats.

VIP - £ 500

DIAMOND - £ 300

GOLD - £ 140

SILVER - £ 70

But it's true. This swami has a big following, my father-in-law watches him all the time. It's funny how my father-in-law won't get up for Amrit-Vela, but will get up to watch the swami do yoga on TV. I have also noticed almost all his audience are middle-aged people who are begining to worry about their health as they are getting closer to their last days.

This swamis the talk of the town at the moment. It's strange how our Sikhs feel that yoga can better their lives but don't want to get closer to GurBani in anyway or attempt to do naam abhiyaas/simran.

Fateh!

That reminds me i'm doing a tour of the whole of Asia next month. do come along and i don't charge as much as Ramdev, :TH:

I think we need to be aware that he's getting a big following of middle-aged punjabis/Sikhs because of his TV exposure.

I think we need to be aware that he's getting a big following of middle-aged punjabis/Sikhs because of his TV exposure.

What's new????? 'Sikhs' follow any tom d i c k or harry who comes along. it's what they are known for!!

What's new????? 'Sikhs' follow any tom d i c k or harry who comes along. it's what they are known for!!

Sad state of affairs. One more expensive baba to add to the list! And the list carrys on growing.....

TavParsad,

please do not taint all mahapursh with your biased post. He is not a Sikh, he is not teaching spirituality, he is not teaching gurbani or anything like this.

This person is a yoga master and he is teaching yoga. There is no SEWA here, he is teaching people yoga that is all.

If he wants to charge astronomical amounts of money for his sessions and people want to pay those prices why is it getting up your nose?

I agree that people should get up amritwelly and go naam/simran but if our middle aged uncles and anties who have over indulged on prathay, samosay and ladoo have gotten off their back sides and done a little excersice that surely that is a good thing.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I agree with the sentiments above by GurSa Singh. The Sadhu seems to have a big following amongst middle-aged Sikhs. A bunch of Bibiyan from our local Gurudwara are wanting to go to his shows. wacko.gif

Another "Sikh" person said that this guy is especially blessed - apparently he has the "Thaaapra" (blessings) of Sai Baba.

Another person I know justified the Swami's fees because he does a lot of good in India.

As far as him not preaching spirituality, I tuned in to one of his shows on Aastha to see what the Hoo-Haa was all about. He does teach elements of spirituality in there. It's all fine if the Swami was just doing Yoga, but he teaches non-GurMat things in there. Unfortunately most Punjabis do not know what is the pure Yoga and what he says which is anti-Gurmat.

Waheguroo

Why is Sikh Awareness Society holding talks across UK about Islamic Conversions? This is the same thing, people are leaving Gurbani for Hinduism under the disguise of TV & Yoga. This is probably a bigger problem! Many of our community wont even dream about watching the dozens of Islamic Channels on Satelite however they are glued to a Hindu Swami on TV??

TavParsad,

please do not taint all mahapursh with your biased post. He is not a Sikh, he is not teaching spirituality, he is not teaching gurbani or anything like this.

This person is a yoga master and he is teaching yoga. There is no SEWA here, he is teaching people yoga that is all.

If he wants to charge astronomical amounts of money for his sessions and people want to pay those prices why is it getting up your nose?

I agree that people should get up amritwelly and go naam/simran but if our middle aged uncles and anties who have over indulged on prathay, samosay and ladoo have gotten off their back sides and done a little excersice that surely that is a good thing.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

They do Bhajans at the end of the sessions, everyone in the sangat claps along.

Bundha Ji alot of people see him as a spirtual guide, my father-in-law drops the swamis quotes in coversation every so often. Not everyone sees yoga as a physical exercise some expect to gain spritual enlightenment from yoga too. I suppose it depends on what catergory an individual falls in.

He does make claims about curing cancer, diabetes etc. They are big claims and having close family members who have died from cancer, I know how vunerable people are when they have a terminal illness. £500 is a drop in the ocean when it comes to paying someone who claims they can pro-long your life span.

Guru Ji gave as a format of healthy living, eat little, sleep little, regular exercise, minimising the 5 evils etc. This already exists in our maryada, but we don't follow it. We still indulge and so therefore reap what we sow. There are techniques for doing simran, in some case the Punj Pyaray even teach you them, but people seem to be more convinced by a swami on TV rather than their Guru (who they profess to follow).