Panthic Forum? Or Not?

There is a popular forum of a Canadian Gurdwara which is popular with a lot of UK youth (particularly AKJ). But altho they say they are panthic, they are blocking any posts about disrespect of Guru Ji - what is going on here?

Seems like there is a hidden agenda - strange thing is many youth at Raen Sabai are very interested in taking a stand against disrespect of Guru ji saroop but are not aware of what is going on. All forums have a role to play - just like Waheguroo networks and Sikh Sangat.

Its easy to talk about the sacrifices of the Shaheed Singhs and Singhnia who gave their lives for Guru ji but when it comes to helping the Sangat to organise and take a stand, they are being stabbed in the back by those who claim to follow 'Tat Gurmat Maryada'

Lots of people go to Tapoban forum

Unfortunately you might have noticed they did not allow any posts on the WiN R4G Noth America issue about disrespect of Guru ji saroop which was going to happen this weekend gone in Florida.

If the North American Sangat is not going to take a stand (especially those who claim to be Panthic), then who is?

wow i just thinking to start a post on tapoban.

I feel that they are the taliban of sikhi. They are deluding and distorting...Not saying that Kulbir Singh aint a crazyyy singh..he's oofff the HOOK...i don't wanna disrespect the ones who don't deserve it..clear that up.

But tapoban in general is messedup...there was a post about Baba Manochal about 1-2yrs old...it was on top for a couple months but no new posts were added since 05...then it mysteriously dissapeared? Also..there total and obsurd disrespect for punjabi culture is rather sickening..and u post something like tv shows they go all crazy u should be doing simiran instead of tv...

I believe that they are going to hurt the panth badly.

Gabroo,

I think you're a bit confused. Tapoban Sahib is the name of a Gurdwara. There are numerous Singhs that go there. Kulbir Singh is one Singh who goes there and his philosophy isn't separate from that of the other Singhs that go there. I'm not sure how you can respect him but for some reason believe that the Singhs at Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib are going to "hurt the panth badly".

The message board has more stories of Shahids than any other site. The posts don't "disappear" they get pushed down. If you take a moment to bump it to the top, it'll come back.

I also find it a bit funny that you think encouraging people to do simran is a bad thing.

I'll tell you what WILL hurt the Panth: it's people that make absolutely absurd comments without taking a moment to think. It also hurts the Panth when we consider people who want to live a tat-Gurmat life style "taliban".

Frankly I don't think you know what you're talking about. Gurbani tells us "jithai bolan hareeai, tithai changee chup." In Punjabi they say, "ik chup sau sukh" and in English we say, "if you have nothing good to say, say nothing at all."

I hope my message is clear.

maybe the tapoban sangat shoudl take that philosophy. Now, again Kulbir Singh was metioned because he is the most predominant poster... i'm nto saying that the Singhs are hurting hte panth, i'm saying the Tapoban way is going to cause alot of greif...it is all wrong...i did NOT SAY DOING SIMIRAN IS WRONG. Learn to read. But i did hint at that..simiran is not the only thing...u have to live a wordly life..yet all the posts on that site is against this...if its not sikhi its evil mentality..thats disgusting. I can honestly say that site is no good.

o one major piss of is the nwe caste system that has emerged on tapoban.

People who have not taken amrit are evil mentality we will not eat of them..that is purely a castist ideology. that is un disputable.

I think the problem is that there are few groups whose lifestyle is way different than the normal sikhs (majority) and besides that there are few ppls from them who hate other ppls just because they have different lifestyle. These few ppls give whole bad name to the "abc Jatha" even though if they are not part of it. They made the new trend to follow mahan gursikhs before even going through the early stage of bhagtey, naam simran and HUMILITY. All these kids.. just don't just jump by yourself and compare yourself with great saints of past. Without bhagtey, humbleness we are watching these new bhramanvaad culture. Sikhs are not suppose to spew hate in others nor hate others just because they care for their culture or have different lifestyle. If you want to be TRUE SIKH then fine be yourself and keep it in with you, don't go on and tell others what is right or what is wrong or break them down. It takes lots of bhagtey to tell others what to follow and what not to.

Regarding Tapoban.. i think they are following sikhi by their heart. They make sikhi their life while normal, liberal sikhs like me tends to live life just like the way it is. Their understanding about life and the way they think about others may look strange to some of us (in some ppls word "Fanatics") but i think that the day we dedicate our full life to sikhi, we may understand the stuff that they do. So we can't really judge them nor we are supposed to but we should respect them as they are somehow one of us and do more naam simran than most of us :@

One thing both sides should learn is to respect each other. Stop making groups or supporting each other.. sikhi is not some political party or something. Give respect and earn respect !

If they are soo imbued in naam simran or in turiya avastha, then they wouldn't be insecured, feel challenged on existence of other samparda's who don't follow tat khalsa life style. That's the problem s1ngh yaara.

There is defaniately ideology clashes between sikhi learned by samparda's and tat khalsa. Thats always be there, but if both side feel insecured and challenge by each other. Then I don't think one is fully imbued in Naam Simran but over clouded with dubta's.

One who imbued in Naam Simran, wouldn't care over small differences, or ideological differences. Their mindset be quite broaden and thinking would be similiar to great sants of past - which is - Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji have a huge bigcha(garden), all types of flowers, plants exist within them.

I am sure senior tapoban singhs should be at that level but tapoban singhs on the internet doesnt seem on that level yet but then again - who is ? especially on the internet..you gotta be kidding me... internet is full of internet kharokho's, wanna be panthic police, fanatics, sharia sikhs, wanna be sikhs like me etc etc..

fateh.

try going on tapoban and say anything about guru jees taksal and see thousands of negative responses come up. anything todo with taksal is always distorted on tapoban also about baba jees barsi alot of critisism. anything to do with guru jees bani of raagmala caused alot of tension and also about kess being kakkar. interesting forum... but i still post on it lol to check how good they are at nindya