Some Questions...

Guest _sinner_

Guest _sinner_

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!

Dear Sangat Jee, I've been thinking about this for a long time now. I really want to get Amrit. And well people say that you should get Amrit ASAP because well, you're supposed to give your head to Guru Jee. And I think that is true but there's just one thing. I can't do all my nitnem. I know how to do all 5 baanis but it takes me like 5 hours to do it all. So I'm working on my speed. I try to do as much as i can everyday. So would it be okay if i got amrit but I don't do all my nitnem yet?.. And if any of you live in Toronto, Canada, I believe there's an amrit sanchar coming up. I really don't miss that chance. But i was also wondering that if you get amrit from the AKJ, do you HAVE to tie a dastaar, or is it optional. And also,if you want to get "choola", can you get it at any age under like age 20+ or somewhere around there? Or is it only for young children who are still like 13..? And if you get a choola, can u wear a kirpan, or is that only when u have Amrit?

Any answers would greatly be appreciated! Thanks sangat jee! LOLz

Vaheguruuuuu pray.gif

FATEH YO!! :) ... :@

Guest _singh_
I've been thinking about this for a long time now. I really want to get Amrit. And well people say that you should get Amrit ASAP because well, you're supposed to give your head to Guru Jee.

Do not come into peer pressure even if they are saying positive. Make your own decision and it all about you and your guru. Their input in these matter should be limited, they are not suppose to tell you to take amrit etc. It should be your inside voice to guide you to give head. Don't give your head to fit in with your friends or to be part of their circle.

And I think that is true but there's just one thing. I can't do all my nitnem. I know how to do all 5 baanis but it takes me like 5 hours to do it all. So I'm working on my speed. I try to do as much as i can everyday. So would it be okay if i got amrit but I don't do all my nitnem yet?..

Panj piyaray tells you to do all path regularly without any excuse. If you are amritdhari you have to follow what 5 piyaray tells you to do.

And if any of you live in Toronto, Canada, I believe there's an amrit sanchar coming up. I really don't miss that chance. But i was also wondering that if you get amrit from the AKJ, do you HAVE to tie a dastaar, or is it optional.

Don't think about jathabandi. Go for any local amritsanchar and get amritdhari. All Amrit are same.. There might be differences created by human but in guru's eyes all Amrit sanchars are same. In AKJ rehit, yes you have to wear daastar (not optional).

And also,if you want to get "choola", can you get it at any age under like age 20+ or somewhere around there? Or is it only for young children who are still like 13..? And if you get a choola, can u wear a kirpan, or is that only when u have Amrit?

From your post it seems like you want to bring positive change in your life which is awesome ! You don't have to hurry up in any services because in hurry many people make mistakes and most end up breaking the promise made with guru sahibaan. Take your time, practice all bania, keep amritvela, do physical sewa and later on you will feel taking amrit from inside. Wait and follow for your voice. Stay in Chardi kala spirits.

WJKK WJKF

veerji...if you feel that you are ready then go for it! :TH: amrit is a gift from guru ji and not many people get this chance ji.....yet abuot the banian.....talk to the panj pyaare....tell them how you have this problem with the banian and they will tell you what to do because you must listen and follow evrything they tell you.....and veerji don't be rushed by thinkin that this is ur only chance....das exactly wat happened to me i thought omg i have to go this is my chance....but it didint work out for me....i jus wana point out its wat happened to me not sayin it gonna happen to ya.....there are alot uv amrit-sanchar's that are held here in toronto/brampton......so dw.....yet if ou know u are ready then go for it!LOLz....bhul chuk muaf

WJKK WJKF

Guest Guest

This is not to be controversial but quite clearly all Amrit Sanchars are not the same and there can be very big variations between them. Only in AKJ Amrit Sanchars do you receive Naam Drirrh (ie Guru Ji directly teaches you how to Jap Naam) and you will be forbidden from eaten any type of meat, and you will be told that you must wake up at Amrit Vela daily. In other Sanchars you may be allowed to eat meat, or they may not place much or any emphasis on Amrit Vela. In AKJ Amrit Sanchars you are told to wear a dastar regardless of being a boy or girl whilst other Amrit Sanchars have been known to actively discourage girls from wearing dastar.

So no it is not correct to say all Amrit Sanchars are the same no matter how politically correct it may sound.

A lot of people say "I want to take amrit, but I don't do this and that, etc" After taking amrit you have a reason to do all that, and it ends up encouraging you to do it. Usually (not saying anything about you, I don't know you) whenever people say "Oh, I'm just waiting until I'm older" they're just making excuses; don't make excuses just do it, in the end it'll help you out to become a better Sikh. Sure, get used to doing nitnem and all before, but don't waste your time on it--practice it everyday.

Why wouldn't you want to wear a dastaar?

And I think you can wear a kirpan without being amritdhari... no?

Hey, I'm going to toronto too! Not to take amrit, but for the samaagam. It's gonna be "mad flava's mate"! lol

Guest _sinner_

(Ima Penji hehe) blush.gif

Thank yu sangat jee for all your advice! No one's forcing me to take amrit. I just really feel that I should get it asap. Because you never know when your time will come right..I've always wanted to get amrit from the AKJ because well, I'm not saying that they give like the BEST amrit (I know that sounds stupid :) ), I just really like their style and ways and I feel that the rules and stuff that they give help you become a stronger sikh. I don't think I can tie a dastaar yet, I'm just not that strong yet. I guess I should continue practicing doing my nitnem etc etc. And then hopefully with ardaas and sangat I'll get amrit soon! :@ :@ LOLz YO .

Guest Bass Singh

VJKK VJKF!

JUST TO TELL SANGAT, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AKJ AMRITH, AMRITH IS AMRITH, YOU ARE TAKING AMRITH FROM THE PANJ PYAREY FROM THE KHALSA PANTH WHICH IS ORGANISED BY AKJ JATHAA!!!!

VAHEGUROOOO!!

VJKK VJKF!

Well it kind of is AKJ amrit, as a nickname though--who wants to keep on writing "amrit taken from the panj pyarey from the khalsa panth which is organised by [the] AKJ jathaa"? lol

So, just wondering... what's different between taking amrit from the panj pyarey from the khalsa panth which is organised by the AKJ jathaa and taking amrit from the panj pyarey from the khalsa panth which is organised by *.

Replace * with the other groups, I don't have any clue what they are.