We Were Tricked!

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

Over the past couple hundred years the British have infiltrated the Sikh folds and learned everything needed to do an inside job of tricking us Sikhs as a majority or more into not reciting the full Anand Sahib bani by our Beloved 3rd Spritual Master Dhan Guru Amar Das Ji Maharaj and from the 10th Spiritual Master Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj the Benti Chuapai bani and more things that are just plain ridiculously out of context.

The Anand Sahib bani is now recited from the 1st through 5 pauri and totally skipped the 6th pauri all the way through the 39 pauri and after going from 1-5 pauri staright to the 40th pauri.WHY? Its only an extra10 minutes to recite it in its entirety. To me this is a straight insult to Dhan Guru Amar Das to not recite his whole bani. We partake of parshad that isnt fully blessed due to the shortcuts justified as good enough to skip through GuruJis bani. Benti Chuapai bani is actually 27 pauris but so secretly right in front of our faces shortend to 25 pauris. WHY? Its only an extra 10-15 seconds to recite the last two pauris. To me this is a direct insult to Dhan Siri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj Ji.

If we shorten these banis then why dont we shorten JapJi or Jaap Sahib or Tav Prasad? Why dont we read the 1st-5th pauris of JapJi and go straight to the Salok at the end?Why dont we read the first Rags in SGGS and skip to the end Rags and justify that as a full Akhand paath? Why not we do that to Anand Sahib? It is important that you recite the full bani, skipping any will mean you skip your spiritual exersize and are a cheat.I feel the british did a good job at corrupting the majority of us to not fully recite certain banis to keep us from becoming the strongest Sikhs that we can be. I see the whole picture now. Look at how we bicker and argue , its because we dont fully bless things , we dont read the full Banis and that makes us justify not being Amritdharis and leads to less and less people who read the Gurus banis fully in the allotted times and now the majority of us dont even keep our hair intact might as well the rehat intact. The further we get from Sikhi the more we bicker and fuss. I feel if we all started fully blessing prashad and reciting the full Anand Sahib after morning paath and evening paath then there will be more GurSikhs and Sikhi will be fully restored to its former glory and RAJ KAREGA KHALSA will become a reality once again. For now we ourselves hold it back and dont even see what has veiled us from what Guru Gobind Singh saw for the future of Mankind.

I love my Guru Saibans and will try my hardest to remind the rest of Sikhs I come in contact with about this issue, and all against what I am saying in this article is against Sikhi and its forward progress. Thats the way that we can root out who is real and who is an imposter. The real Sikhs of the Guru love the Gurus bani and will fight and give up their lives so that the next generation can recite and comprehend the Gurus banis and teachings. Lets not make the former Sikh before us who gave up there life for our benefit be in vain, and lets not be selfish with defending the Gurus Kingdom just to keep our lives in the western sence. We can still live in this age in the manner that GuruJi intended while still being in the places we live.

I could go on and on about this but its all up to the panth to progress and for the panth to progress its up to each individual Sikh to progress. We cant reap a crop of apples if only a few apples are ripe, we need all the apples ripe to reap a crop.

I look forward in this time and want to break this chain holding back Sikhs of the future.

SatNam

Se-ee paire mel jinhan milian tera nam chit avvaey, Nanak naam tere bhani sarbat da bhalla

Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji ki fateh!

Bole so nihal! Sat Sri Akal

post-5391-1151595800.jpg

I really do agree with you. But Try expaining this to our scholars who are now more smart than the Guru.

The shortened version of chaupee was started in the 1930's, before this the full version raihraas was read in Harmander, as noted in Gurbani paat Darshan by Baba Gurbachan Singh.

I read the full banis of all the Panj Banis. I know alot of Singhs who read the shortened versions.

I bet every Gurdwara does the short Anand Sahib before Ardas of Prashad, at least all that Ive been to.

Se-ee paire mel jinhan milian tera nam chit avvaey, Nanak naam tere bhani sarbat da bhalla

Bole so nihal! Sat Sri Akal

what the hell?

<sarcasm> i thought we were supposed to do all of SGGS every day, i can't believe people get by doing only the seven baaniaas everyday. what sinners. </sarcasm>

my opinion is that the more the better, i'm an optimist i like to think that if i do more i get more in return. i dont like taking the pessimists view of saying "hey if i dont do these last paurees i've basically done more harm than i did good." Let's be honest here, i agree we should do the 27 paurees of chopai (i never even knew that) and if possible do the 40 paurees of anand sahib whenever possible (which in today's world it really should be), but please.. when you're trying to persuade someone dont be so pessimistic (or some other word, which would be better applicable, i just can't think of it.. negative perhaps?)

dont force people. encourage them.

what the hell?

<sarcasm> i thought we were supposed to do all of SGGS every day, i can't believe people get by doing only the seven baaniaas everyday. what sinners. </sarcasm>

my opinion is that the more the better, i'm an optimist i like to think that if i do more i get more in return. i dont like taking the pessimists view of saying "hey if i dont do these last paurees i've basically done more harm than i did good." Let's be honest here, i agree we should do the 27 paurees of chopai (i never even knew that) and if possible do the 40 paurees of anand sahib whenever possible (which in today's world it really should be), but please.. when you're trying to persuade someone dont be so pessimistic (or some other word, which would be better applicable, i just can't think of it.. negative perhaps?)

dont force people. encourage them.

Whenever possible we should do banis at all. NO

We need to or you insult the Gurus shabad.

Why dont you only recite the 1st-5th pauris of Japp and then do the Salok? Why do people justify cutting down Guru Amar Das words? Why one and not the other?

Im not persuading nothing Im straight telling them dont cheat Gurbani.

No need sugar coating nothing about this issue.

I think Sikhi became like we are because of these cuts. First they cut banis as a majority and now people cut hair as a majority.

Im optomistic with the Panth correctly reciting paath.

How many sides to a coin? answer is 3 { think about it }

post-5391-1151714109.jpg