Bhatra Sikhs

Big_Tera

Bhatra Gurdwaras no longer use the word Bhatra on the Gurdwara. if my information is correct.

if there a Bhatra named Gurdwara then. i think that is completley wrong.

and maybe Ramghairias should also adress this issue!

as they have massive signs with Their cast wriiten on it.

also i never said said Bhatras are perfect Sikhs. no one is perfect.

the intention of my post was to stop all this confusion about meat being eaten.

but the main issue has somehow changed into a cast thread.

as i siad i dont believe in the cast sysytem. and people that do are going against Sikhism.

i never label myself bhatra. only when this issue came up.

and you will find that all bhatreh never use their family name.

Guru Gobind Singh told us Singh will be our last name. so why do i see so many people who have their family name? it Should be Singh.

You people think whoever is a jatt is not a sikh and they are uneducated with their sikhi. Tusi log UK teh Amrica vich aah ke modern hoga teh gurbani pad liti thodi jai and started tellin other people they are not sikhs because others are jatts or tarkhans. Tusi Jatta nu non sikh non sikh kai janda jeh piyo da khoon haiga tuwahda vich ta koi Jatt nu personal vich kavo ki ohh sikh nai haiga,Jehdu persnally milna jatt nu ouda tuwahdi jubaan nu lock lag jana, ouda online kai jana. Jihda star teh moon nai same ho sakda ouda hi JATT TEH TARKHAN NAI SAME HO SAKDA teh eh apna damaag vich palo caste syatem nu khatam karan lai bohat time chai da. Gurbani di tukka dikhan naal logga deh damaag vich nai gal vasni, ta dosti kar keh samjao apna yaar dosta nu ki sikhi vich caste kiyo na hova.

Bhatra Gurdwaras no longer use the word Bhatra on the Gurdwara. if my information is correct.

if there a Bhatra named Gurdwara then. i think that is completley wrong.

and maybe Ramghairias should also adress this issue!

as they have massive signs with Their cast wriiten on it.

also i never said said Bhatras are perfect Sikhs. no one is perfect.

the intention of my post was to stop all this confusion about meat being eaten.

but the main issue has somehow changed into a cast thread.

as i siad i dont believe in the cast sysytem. and people that do are going against Sikhism.

i never label myself bhatra. only when this issue came up.

and you will find that all bhatreh never use their family name.

Guru Gobind Singh told us Singh will be our last name. so why do i see so many people who have their family name? it Should be Singh.

There is one in Birmingahm that i went to one quite often , They'd use the bhatra term openly with pride. they may have stopped now.

Not sure if they've removed the bhatra bit outside the Gurdwara, i'll have a nose ond day :-P

As human beings we have always fallen pray to bad practises. Only when we go to the perfect Guru can we throw away these practises and follow the Guru's path.

As someone who is born into the bhatra community, i can tell you that bhatras are not perfect but then again who is. I dont go to many weddings as i end up just sitting there because there is nothing much vegitarian to eat. Majority of the weddings i have gone to however i can verify that the barat eats something before the lavan phere. This "breakfast" is usually in a seperate hall or building near the gurdwara sahib and is mostly non veg. Again i dont think it is the correct thing to do as people eat eggs etc and then goto the Gurdwara. Just like all gurdwaras if you are drunk you are not allowed in the Gurdwara but as we all know a lot of uncles do come drunk.

Also there is a difference between indian bhatras and the one in UK. Uk ones tend to be more reserved and do use caste based last names. Indian ones dont use them as much. In my family the last names end with Kaurs and Singhs. Also in Uk bhatras marry their kids when they are around 21 ish. In india this is not the case. So i think some practises are effected by enviornment more than they are by caste or creed. As far as i can make out marrying kids at the age of 21 or 20 years is probably to do with the fact that they believe that kids might go do bad things living in the western enviornment where bf, gf culture is widespread.

As far as the history goes i beleive that bhatra comes from bhats who were the poets in Guru ji's time and their bani is written in Guru Granth sahib jee (Bhat vahis) That might explain why modern day bhatras are very much into singing and a lot of them are Granthis and Ragis.

Finally until we stop segregating each other with these caste labels and until our so called leaders stop fighting Badal vs Mann we will always be targetted by just about anyone whenever they feel like it.

Edit - oops i forgot to mention that there are or rather WERE gurdwaras in uk where meat was served in weddings no.gif so it is not people making stuff up to badmouth bhatras.

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

Why would you post that you dont eat meat and then people say that you do?

HAHA

not you personally {maybe} but your "caste" { though Khalsa is the only cast in Sikhi }

Why would you post that you dont eat meat and then people say that you do?

HAHA

not you personally {maybe} but your "caste" { though Khalsa is the only cast in Sikhi }

you seem to be quick to jump to conclusions. ive never seen the practice of meat being eaten in a Bhatra Gurdwarara.

also if there was a case of this. then it is wrong and the people responsible should be ashamed of themselves.

also the meat being served was not in the actual gurdwara. it was in a community hall. seperate from the gurdwara.

i heard from a mate. that jatt they eat beef and drink before going into the gurdwara. but that was a two people.

does that mean all jatts do that?

think before you type.

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

tera I guess you dont eat from which you serve.

If you did was it after you were done reading the Early morning Banis or was it just a broken fast for no reason?

tera I guess you dont eat from which you serve.

If you did was it after you were done reading the Early morning Banis or was it just a broken fast for no reason?

the only time meat is served. ie bacon and eggs full english is in a sepertae building. this is for the guests. who arrive from the boys side on the wedding .

apart from that. vegetarian langar is only served.