Gurudwara Wedding/party Halls

Guest Bass Singh

VJKK VJKF!

QUOTE(Sharan_Kaur @ Jul 10 2006, 09:32 PM)

QUOTE(Bass Singh @ Jul 10 2006, 11:32 AM)

VJKK VJKF!

ONE MORE GURDWARA , HIGH STREET GURDWARA WEST BROM, CONFRENCE SUITE IS NEXT DOOR!

U GOT DANCING AND PARTYING AND U GOT GURDWARA NEXT DOOR 2 IT! STUPIDITY!

VJKK VJKF!

Ummm....I think you will find that, that hall has nothing to do with the Gurdwara. It used to be a factory that someone (independant from the Gurdwara) has bought and done up as a hall.

So please don't make assumptions simply because it is right next to the Gurdwara.

yes i think that is independant even so still should not be there gurdwara should have brought the building

IT STILL SHOULDNT BE NEXT 2 A GURDWARA, U GOT YOUNG SIKH YOUTHS GOIGN 2 PARTIES OVER THERE AND CUZ THEY THINK ITS NEXT 2 A GURDWARA THEY MAY THINK ITS RIGHT 2 PARTY!!! AND I AGREE WITH KKAUR123 BECAUSE PEOPLE R CONFUSED ABOUT WHAT IS SIKHI AND PANJABI!

VJKK VJKF!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VJKK VJKF!

ONE MORE GURDWARA , HIGH STREET GURDWARA WEST BROM, CONFRENCE SUITE IS NEXT DOOR!

VJKK VJKF!

Ummm....I think you will find that, that hall has nothing to do with the Gurdwara. It used to be a factory that someone (independant from the Gurdwara) has bought and done up as a hall.

So please don't make assumptions simply because it is right next to the Gurdwara.

yes i think that is independant even so still should not be there gurdwara should have brought the building

VJKK VJKF!

QUOTE(Sharan_Kaur @ Jul 10 2006, 09:32 PM)

QUOTE(Bass Singh @ Jul 10 2006, 11:32 AM)

VJKK VJKF!

VJKK VJKF!

IT STILL SHOULDNT BE NEXT 2 A GURDWARA, U GOT YOUNG SIKH YOUTHS GOIGN 2 PARTIES OVER THERE AND CUZ THEY THINK ITS NEXT 2 A GURDWARA THEY MAY THINK ITS RIGHT 2 PARTY!!! AND I AGREE WITH KKAUR123 BECAUSE PEOPLE R CONFUSED ABOUT WHAT IS SIKHI AND PANJABI!

VJKK VJKF!

And the Gurdwara should have bought it using what funds exactly?

If an independant person wishes to purchase a building, which just happens to be next to a Gurdwara, then no one can do anything about it, I'm afraid!

That's the same as saying pubs shouldn't open up next to Gurdware and where that is likely to happen then the Gurdwara should buy the building. Come on!!! That isn't feasible!!!

whoah this is sooooo not good...what are the younger generation gonna think? They're going to think that partying and drinking is alright!! What the heck are the sikh committees thinking!!!!??!!?!?! This is making me angry big time!!!

Sorry, don't know any gurudwaras which have halls. Thanks for notifying us...

whoah this is sooooo not good...what are the younger generation gonna think? They're going to think that partying and drinking is alright!! What the heck are the sikh committees thinking!!!!??!!?!?! This is making me angry big time!!!

Sorry, don't know any gurudwaras which have halls. Thanks for notifying us...

so true....i thought we cud drink until recently...i been to a party at a hall next to a gurdwara...i thought its what all sikhs do

The next generation is going to think we are hypocrites and turn away from Sikhi. I know a bibi who thought getting drunk and beating up your wife is part of sikh culture. Her dad did this throughout her childhood to her mum. He was a Singh and used to take her to the Gurdwara every month and force her to cook and clean. He would waste all thier money on alcohol. They would go to family functions and he would get drunk and make a scene and they would have to drag him home.

Are we not encouraging this by opening halls for this to take place?

The next generation is going to think we are hypocrites and turn away from Sikhi. I know a bibi who thought getting drunk and beating up your wife is part of sikh culture. Her dad did this throughout her childhood to her mum. He was a Singh and used to take her to the Gurdwara every month and force her to cook and clean. He would waste all thier money on alcohol. They would go to family functions and he would get drunk and make a scene and they would have to drag him home.

Are we not encouraging this by opening halls for this to take place?

Stupid comittees r encouraging this.