2 Kare?confused :s

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a metal band around the wrist is seen as a Kara but its not a Kara unless it steel or pure iron.

any questions like this are good ones. Dont feel embarassed to ask these types of questions. Youll never know until you ask, thats my way of learning also when there isnt a book I can read about it.

Vaheguru ji ka Khalsa

Vaheguru ji ki Fateh

well veerji....i wear a silver kara....like it's made of real silver....and truth is i don't want to wear one made out of silver but i have no choice......my skin reacts to both steel and pure iron.....it becomes all itchy and dry and once i scratched my arm so much it started bleeding.....so there can be exceptions,right?i mean now i have all these marks on my arms because of how badly the steel and iron reacted to my arms....bhul chuk muaf karnee ji

Vaheguru ji ka Khalsa

Vaheguru ji ki Fateh

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

I dont know if it was from the heat, your activity you were doing or if your Kara you have was iron-nickel. Nickel is a cheap material and is mixed with all sorts of metal now days. I would suggest you buy a pure iron Kara of good quality. I know wearing gold or silver is contrary to Gurmat but if its a medical thing then I would talk to the Panj Pyare at your Gurdwara to see what they think about the issue.

If you break down iron to its molecule youll see that it vibrates, and in SGGS GuruJi stated that God is Sarbloh and the whole universe vibrates from Gods order. Silver has no such "vibration" as pure iron.

So I would suggest buying a good iron Kara and wearing that, and if over sometime it gives you a reaction then go to the pyares for advise.

Not like sarbloh does.

Go and research this further to find out. I just watched a show about it yesterday and scientists are saying thats what hold the whole universe together.

I could write a 13 day report on this subject and its easy for a kid to come up with no education on this subject and say "no I dont think it does."

Many books I have in my library that I did some work for instead of getting money. Why? You dont research these things yourself. Im a skeptic until I read about it. When I get all the info that I was skeptical about then Im sold from it and then will fight for it, so that people cant distort it or denounce it. Like matha tekna, I always wondered why you put your head on the floor. After hearing the sakhi of what Guru Gobind Singh said about why I now think of that when I matha tek. Can you tell the Sangat online what Guru Gobind Singh said about why you matha tek to the Gurus feet for???

I did this for the whole of Sikhi and then went indepth even more and more and now can slow down my pace and just learn history, Gurbani and language etc.

The books I have are really really old and from an elderly Khalsa woman who is like 80-85. Most are philosophy of the Sikhs etc.