Fitness

Bad Girl

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Derm Akali,

None of the above mentioned body builders did cardio?

why you ask? because muscle is catoblized during cardio, ronnie does cardio starting 5weeks before show time, Arnold, has never mentioned cardio, Lou Ferrigno is deaf.

and cardio for ronnie is a light walk.

and in modern bodybuilding with drugs like DNP, Clen etc. cardio is obsolete.

Derm Akali,

None of the above mentioned body builders did cardio?

why you ask? because muscle is catoblized during cardio, ronnie does cardio starting 5weeks before show time, Arnold, has never mentioned cardio, Lou Ferrigno is deaf.

and cardio for ronnie is a light walk.

and in modern bodybuilding with drugs like DNP, Clen etc. cardio is obsolete.

I think you will find you are wrong. I refer you to (if you can get hold of it) Muscle Magazine Issue 172 (I think) you will see a question and answer section where someone said the same thing as you i.e. do not do cardio for bodybuilding and on that article are photographs of the said bodybuilders doing cardio.

Taking the drugs you mentioned may help you burn of the fat and achieve a 'ripped' look but like I said in my previous post, cardio is a necesity in order for you heart to grow equally as strong.

On a personal note, the gym where I used to work out in had plenty of bodybuilders who were bigger than me and took various powders and tablets to achieve the ripped look and I'll tell you what (without wanting to appear big-headed) I was a lot more ripped. I had a lot more definition than them. I would rather do cardio than take any more supplements than I need to. Also, once we went on a jog (3miles) and the bodybuilders who did no cardio hardly lasted a mile.

veerji, those magazines are geared towards ppl who don't know what is bodybuilding, they have articles of what people would like not what is right or wrong.

Tablets can be steroids, but real steroids are injectbles (the tabs are normally worthless without a testbase).

Powders? nothing wrong with creatine, protien, etc..none help u lose weight..protien is a must.

Being "ripped" and being big are two different things. Its easy for a small guy to get ripped, when a real bodybuilder bulks, gets fatter to gain muscle, and then loses it close 2 show time.

Where as a recreational bodybuilder just stays at a low bf and builds slower.

veerji, those magazines are geared towards ppl who don't know what is bodybuilding, they have articles of what people would like not what is right or wrong.

Tablets can be steroids, but real steroids are injectbles (the tabs are normally worthless without a testbase).

Powders? nothing wrong with creatine, protien, etc..none help u lose weight..protien is a must.

Being "ripped" and being big are two different things. Its easy for a small guy to get ripped, when a real bodybuilder bulks, gets fatter to gain muscle, and then loses it close 2 show time.

Where as a recreational bodybuilder just stays at a low bf and builds slower.

Maybe the Veer has misunderstood what I've said. I bodybuild and am at a considerable size, 6 foot +, 240lbs, 18'' biceps, 46'' chest but I retain that ripped look all year round due to the cardio and also my weight is constant year round.

I take protein shakes supplemented with whey protein, creatine capsules and a fat metaboliser in my training programme. I did not criticise these items, what I meant was these are supplements to help you along the way. In order to be fit and healthy (the point of this topic), one must combine bodybuilding with cardio to maintain a fit body from the inside and not just one on the outside.

A further analagy is this. Lets get a 2 litre engine car. Take the cars shell off and add a considerably heavier body. Won't the engine struggle to meet the demands that it could have managed before e.g. the acceleration will be a lot less? The same applies to the human heart. You will place it under considerable strain by growing your muscles via bodybuilding unless you do cardio to keep your heart strong.

On thes case of Lou Ferrigno. Whats deafness got to do with it? Watch pumping iron and you will definately hear him say to his father that after training, he is gonna go for a 3 mile jog.

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

gabroo khalsitan dha ji, do u noe a body builder??? maybe u're definition of a body builder might be slightly different than ours??they dont do much cardio at all.....as the other bhaji said b4, they run outta breath in a second...

• 1 year later...