Amrit for people under 18

Guest Daljit singh

it changes your life but make sure you have prepared.

a lot of people think of it as a 'join the club' thing but you have to be willing to give your head.

Shaheed Bhai Fauja Singh Jee was asked to go place his head on a railway line. They were so thirsty for amrit they did, it was only a couple of minutes before the train would have come that one of the singhs came to get bhai sahib. ^_^^_^

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Guest balwinderkaur

i took amrit when i was 12 going on 13 in 1997..was told by everyone not to take it cuz was too young....how would i keep the rehat when i had been sporting tomboy short hairdo , eating meat etc etc...the usual stuff...but i wanted it soooo bad,i got it...and life has taken a positive turn after it. :@ amrit is beautiful. :@ Guru is great..... :@

P..S.: Juz wanted to add i was inspired to take amrit after reading a book about the life of sikh shaheeds. Dhan dhan guru pyare

i din take it when i was too young.. took amrit when i was 17 but trust me i wasnt in any position in taking.. loads of ppl were dead worried but there was sthing in me that kept urging me to take amrit and i thank waheguru to show me this path of life ... things really changed to better after i took amrit... its all hukam of waheguru...

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Hmmm interesting question. I agree that ppl should take Amrit when they feel ready to give their head to Guru Jee and age shouldn't matter - we've all been through the 84 lakh joons, so spiritually, we are all old!!!!!! :@

But we do have to realise what a big commitment we are making to Guru Jee. I took Amrit when I was 9 and the reason was that i was inspired by all the Sakhis. But know that i'm learning more and more about Sikhi, i sometimes wish that i had waited till i was a bit older. I find myself feeling guilty about all the wrong things i've done even having taking Amrit. I guess all i want is another chance.

Saying that, i know many kids who are much higher spiritually than i am and to deny them the chance to take Amrit is wrong in my opinion - were the Sahizaday not amritdhari?!!

Bhul Chook Maaf

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

• 4 months later...

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

You do have to be careful if you take it early.

There is no better way to get used to the Khalsa lifestyle than doing it young, but even now I see *sigh* people from various Sikh camps making all the kids want to take amrit (you get a kirpan! you won't go to dharam raj! You can kill anybody and God will forgive you!) and not even mention that they must do their path, simran, avoid meat, etc.

So if you are gonna take it at an early age, make SURE that you have someone who has already taken it to support you the WHOLE way.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!