Sangat Ji, Our Guru Ghar Has An Issue With Langar...

I don't agree with everything you wrote. There's a point where I will draw the line. I will not break my neck for "maryada", and yes you should wear chappals in the kitchen, because who wants your blood all over the floor and it could contaminate the langar for all I know.

contaminate???

what??

you cant clean it?

its not like YOU're going to end up cleanin it up....

contaminate da lagda.... :D

go ahead. respect your back more than you respect Mariyada. rolleyes.gif

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest peacemaker

I don't agree with everything you wrote. There's a point where I will draw the line. I will not break my neck for "maryada", and yes you should wear chappals in the kitchen, because who wants your blood all over the floor and it could contaminate the langar for all I know.

contaminate???

what??

you cant clean it?

d_oh.gif Yepp, I was wrong. Thanks for setting me straight.

contaminate???

what??

you cant clean it?

jio :@

sorry..but umm....are you being sarcastic??

i sometimes cant tell when people are sarcastic... :@

Guest peacemaker

contaminate???

what??

you cant clean it?

No, I'm serious. I wrote what I said when I was in a bad mood, and looking back, I think it was wrong.

contaminate???

what??

you cant clean it?

No, I'm serious. I wrote what I said when I was in a bad mood, and looking back, I think it was wrong.

oh ok..

sorry for the confusion jio wacko.gif

peace...

GurFateh.

Do we think putting up signs will make ppl follow them. Almost every gurughar i've been (except india), ppl take off their shoes right outside the main hall or langar hall, even when they have seprate rooms for taking off their shoes. Is walking bare feet for couple of steps will kill them? Its pathetic to see ppl acting like that in huge numbers. There are big signs requesting not to take off their shoes outside darbar hall, but ppl hardly heed to it. I think the besy way would be for couple of youngsters to pick up all those joray and put them in right place. I guess it will be embarrasing enough for them to think it over before repeating it. It will atleast take couple of weeks to make sangat realise it.

As for langar, babas in india tell others to cover up their head and ppl do listen. Its here in west that such things are happening. A lot of this has to do with unwilingness of gurudwara committee as well. They need to keep repeating over and over and anyone serving langar should point it out, no matter how nasty looks they get.

"Prashada ji? Prashada ji? Prashada ji? <sees someone without head covered> Sir taklo ji. <person covers head>" then you give the prashada."

OR

"Prashada ji? Prashada ji? Prashada ji? <sees someone without head covered> Sir taklo ji. <person doesnt cover head>" then you give the prashada."

OR

"Prashada ji? Prashada ji? Prashada ji? <sees someone without head covered> Sir taklo ji. <person covers head, but gives a nasty look>" then you give the prashada, while smiling at the person.

:TH: