Protest Outside The Indian High Commission (aldwych, London) - Tuesday 15 August 2006 (1.00-2.30pm)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There need to be more women at all these kind of protests. If I was the average non-sikh british dude and looked at the protestors I would think only men were interested in seeing a free Khalistan. Why isnt their a female wing of Sikh political organisations in UK? Maybe one should be setup.

BTW is the prime minister of Khalistan there in the pics too?

hmmm I think these protests are pointless if we keep having the usual lot turn up. I mean look at them at the front of the barrier, how many of them actually can speak fluent english and able to express to the media and passers by what their cause is and why they protesting. It looks like a joke, the hindus had brains they didnt turn up lol.

050312_n127.jpg

Compare these protests with those of Free Tibet, we can learn alot!

killah were you actually there to say that the protests are pointless? because i was there..and i dont think it was...ok fair enough we didnt actually get to go inside and talk to the people at the high commision but we informed the public aswell as protesting. and this year was slightly different. if we actually had the youth turning up it would be just the same old faces at the front. if people arent willing to attend these protest of course its going to be those same people that have been going for the past 22years. like i said in one of my earlier posts...y is we can wear all these sant ji tops to nagar kirtans but when the time for a protest not one of those people can actually turn up?

killah paji i do agree on ur point about there needing to be more singhnia at events like these!

There need to be more women at all these kind of protests. If I was the average non-sikh british dude and looked at the protestors I would think only men were interested in seeing a free Khalistan. Why isnt their a female wing of Sikh political organisations in UK? Maybe one should be setup.

BTW is the prime minister of Khalistan there in the pics too?

How could some of them make time inbetween seeing the baba's and sants they go too...

Good stuff.

it is very hard when 20 sikhs show up with signs saying "India out of khalistan", and thousands of sikhs are on network TV saying, "khalistanis out of india".

The difference is how much do the 'Sikhs' on network TV get paid to say it! :e:

Pakhandi are you saying that there was a low turn out because people were visiting a sant?

You know that sounds pathetic.

Sadly there is not a single female in the pictures.

But thank you Jagtar Singh Khalsa for putting up the pictures. Those that turned up would have raised awareness. Therefore it was not pointless at all.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• I agree we're not born with sin like the Christians think. Also I agree we have effects of karma. But Gurbani does state that the body contains both sin and charity (goodness): ਕਾਇਆ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਪਾਪੁ ਪੁੰਨੁ ਦੁਇ ਭਾਈ ॥ Within the body are the two brothers sin and virtue. p126 Actually, we do need to be saved. Gurbani calls this "udhaar" (uplift). Without Satguru, souls are liable to spiritual death: ਜਿਨਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨ ਭੇਟਿਓ ਸੇ ਭਾਗਹੀਣ ਵਸਿ ਕਾਲ ॥ p40 Those who have not met Satguru Purakh are unfortunate and liable to death. So, yeah, we do need to be saved, and Guru ji does the saving. The reason Satguru is the one to save is because God has given Satguru the "key" (kunji): ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਹਥਿ ਕੁੰਜੀ ਹੋਰਤੁ ਦਰੁ ਖੁਲੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਰੈ ਭਾਗਿ ਮਿਲਾਵਣਿਆ ॥੭॥ In the True Guru's hand is the key. None else can open the door. By perfect good fortune the Guru is met. p124
    • That's unfortunate to hear. Could you give any more information? Who was this "baba"? He just disappeared with people's money? Obviously, you should donate your money to known institutions or poor people that you can verify the need of through friends and family in Punjab.
    • Sangat ji,  I know a family who went Sevewal to do seva sometimes end of 2019. They returned last year in great dismay and heart broken.  To repent for their mistakes they approached panj pyaare. The Panj gave them their punishment / order to how t make it up which, with Kirpa, they fulfilled.  They were listening to a fake Baba who, in the end, took all the "Donations " and fled sometime over a year ago. For nearly 4 years this family (who are great Gursikhs once u get to know them) wasted time and effort for this fake Baba. NOT ONLY this one fam. But many, many did worldwide and they took their fam to do seva, in village Sevewal, city Jaitho in Punjab. In the end many families lost money in thousands being behind this Baba. The family, on return, had to get in touch with all the participants and told them to stop.  I am stating this here to create awareness and we need to learn from whom we follow and believe. It's no easy but if we follow the 3 S (Sangat, Simran and Seva) we will be shown the light. As I am writing this the family in question have been doing the same since 2008 onwards and they fell for this Baba... it is unbelievable and shocking.  This am writing in a nutshell as am at work on my break so not lengthy but it deserves a great length.  Especially the family in question, who shed light on youngsters about Sikhi 20 plus years!! 
    • Giani Kulwant Singh Jawaddi Kalan uses simple Punjabi.
    • Leaving aside Guru ji, the general question of taking afeem (opium) in limited quantities for war/medical wounds is simply unproblematic. When you go to the hospital, they give you morphine. What do you think morphine is? It's an opiate. Even codeine (cough syrup) is an opiate! Ever had a cough? Granted, it is against Gurmat to take opium or other drugs for the fun of it.

Important Information

Terms of Use