Singh Pulling Another Singh By His Kes!

KharkooSingh

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend of mine drafted an open letter and I request everyone to print it out along with the above pictures and post in your local gurudwaras for sangat to know. Also email to SGPC and the Thakht Jathedars to take serious action for such disrespect for sikhi saroop. No matter what that guy did, He didnt deserved being dragged by hair.

"In the past few months, brawls and turban mangling have become so common in our religious leaders and supporters that it has hurt Sikhi’s image to the core. Keeping religious views aside, if we think practically what are we conveying to the world here? The turban once considered as Sikh’s pride is mauled and thrown on the ground in every clash. Television media posts these images in the newspapers and websites which have mass following. Soon they are all over the internet as popular email forwards. Nobody has the time to read the entire article. People enjoy them and consider Sikhs as “Bunch of Bozos”. People develop an image in their mind based on what they see. We often target Bollywood for portraying Sikhs as subjects of mockery and farce. What Sikhs are doing among them, nobody cares.

We always go by the slogan “Sikhi Will Never End”. Can a child be motivated and encouraged to wear a turban when their own religious leaders don’t have respect for it? Admit it or not, the number of people practicing Sikhism is dwindling day by day. We blame Anti Panth and RSS elements for that. Aren’t we just helping these agencies to achieve their objective in a much easier way? SGPC which is the main governing body who is supposed to set examples in front of people, their task force is always on the forefront in these incidents. What they want to portray?

We tell people all over the world that Sikhs are different than Muslims and our Gurus have always spread the message of peace in the word. Even a child knows that smashing turbans and ripping of each other’s hair is no way close to the definition of peace.

I don’t want to write a long article on Sikh values and digress from the main issue. My only attempt is to remind every Sikh to our moral values and respect for our 5K’s. As I said before a visual image has more impact than the write up, may be the following images will teach a lesson to our Sikh community."

A friend of mine drafted an open letter and I request everyone to print it out along with the above pictures and post in your local gurudwaras for sangat to know. Also email to SGPC and the Thakht Jathedars to take serious action for such disrespect for sikhi saroop. No matter what that guy did, He didnt deserved being dragged by hair.

"In the past few months, brawls and turban mangling have become so common in our religious leaders and supporters that it has hurt Sikhi’s image to the core. Keeping religious views aside, if we think practically what are we conveying to the world here? The turban once considered as Sikh’s pride is mauled and thrown on the ground in every clash. Television media posts these images in the newspapers and websites which have mass following. Soon they are all over the internet as popular email forwards. Nobody has the time to read the entire article. People enjoy them and consider Sikhs as “Bunch of Bozos”. People develop an image in their mind based on what they see. We often target Bollywood for portraying Sikhs as subjects of mockery and farce. What Sikhs are doing among them, nobody cares.

We always go by the slogan “Sikhi Will Never End”. Can a child be motivated and encouraged to wear a turban when their own religious leaders don’t have respect for it? Admit it or not, the number of people practicing Sikhism is dwindling day by day. We blame Anti Panth and RSS elements for that. Aren’t we just helping these agencies to achieve their objective in a much easier way? SGPC which is the main governing body who is supposed to set examples in front of people, their task force is always on the forefront in these incidents. What they want to portray?

We tell people all over the world that Sikhs are different than Muslims and our Gurus have always spread the message of peace in the word. Even a child knows that smashing turbans and ripping of each other’s hair is no way close to the definition of peace.

I don’t want to write a long article on Sikh values and digress from the main issue. My only attempt is to remind every Sikh to our moral values and respect for our 5K’s. As I said before a visual image has more impact than the write up, may be the following images will teach a lesson to our Sikh community."

Good write up. Really we need to get the Gurdwara Committees, Jathabhandis to write the letters rather than individuals. Sikh politics is the lowest it's ever been and the only way forward is a reformation of the Panth.

What I don't understand is that with all the "tyar bar tyar" Singhs out there, how do we end up with jokers like Badal, Makkar and Vedanti leading the panth. The Kharkoos need to reform today!

Do we have representatives of various jathebandis here? Does anyone know? They should take this issue to them and proove its significance. We had a recent case of boy's kesh being chopped off. What will we tell them if things like this are happening in punjab and by the same organisations who need to defend it.

JUST PLAIN STUPID LEADERSHIP IN SIKHI !! nonono.gif

Leadership is failing sikhs because the common sikh is not standing to confront these goons. These leaders know now one will be challenging them no matter what they do. We should be coming togther to raise a common voice to be heard. Thats why i was requesting youth from all jathebandis to get togther as one on this important issue. We protest in from of indian embassies, we protest when a sikhs hair is chopped off, then why shouldn't we protest when a sikh is dragged by fellow sikh from his kes.