Man Dies Of Shock As Wife Bears Baby Girl

Greater-Punjab

Guest PunjabSingh

Come to Punjab and see the plight of girls and women in rural punjab.

It's easy to accuse people when you are in foreign lands and not part of the society you are accusing.

There are DAILY reports of in -laws harrasing and killing women for bringing less dowry .This happens even in very poor rural homes.

Then there are DAILY cases of molestation and rape of woman here.

Besides this daily woman are dying because of suicides which happens for a variety of reasons but because she is a girl or woman.

If the govt thinks it can stop killing of foetuses before birth then let it try .

If stringent measures are taken in this regard people will start abandoning their new borns on the streets or roadsides or in front of bal ashrams .

The only way to stop all this is to improve the condition of girls and women in Punjab.Dowry,rape and other crimes have to stop and there should be zero tolerance towards such social evils.

If these social evils are stopped altogether then there will be a marked decrease in killing of girl child in the wombs of mothers .

Govt can stop crime against women by passing strict laws but dont know why this is not happening.

The punishment for giving and receiving dowry should be at 10 years jail and for rape should be death(if proved) and nothing less because after rape a girl is already dead for society and for her self.So the violator and killer should be tried for section 302 of IPC.

At present there are so many loopholes in indian legal system that the violator knows he can bypass the law after committing the heinous crime.

Instead of passing law against testing during pregnancy the govt should pass very strict laws for crimes against women.

In case govt concentrates on passing law to force people to have girls but not bring about the social change then govt will have to deal with a new problem and that is abondoning of new born girls at various places.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only way to stop all this is to improve the condition of girls and women in Punjab.

Guru Nanak Dev ji did this in the 15th century. maybe people in punjab need to get out of their "modern" ways and try going back to the teachings of Guru Nanak Dev ji. Guru Nanak Dev ji was more modern in the 15th century than the people of punjab these days.

i guess all those punjabi songs about a girl's little waist, and aashiqui is finally making a cultural impact on punjabis. All these decades we have seen punjabi culture become a slimy nasty culture. Giddha which was once performed by girls and seen only by girls is an exhibition act now, so many other things like see-through suits etc...people in punjab don't want to have girls because nobody there wants to have a daughter grow up and ruin their reputation by having a boyfriend etc.

you can see adult males dancing and singing about girls and aashique, but i bet if you ask them would you let your daughter do aashique, they would smack you across teh face. Culture of hypocrisy, or now known as punjabi culture.

Chaos maker you are just what the name says.

Das Nimana said what needed to be and all the people laughing at him please do not because a man just died because only someone from India who wants to see his children happy knows how difficult it is to bring up a daughter as he worries about her everyday till the day he dies and for her he is forever in debt.

Now continue your posts.

Chaos maker you are just what the name says. Das Nimana said what needed to be and all the people laughing at him please do not because a man just died because only someone from India who wants to see his children happy knows how difficult it is to bring up a daughter as he worries about her everyday till the day he dies and for her he is forever in debt.

Now continue your posts.

no.gifohmy.gifohmy.gif

well said Das nimana, mklq! couldnt agree more. but how much can a govt do? especially india's? letz jus not talk about them.

these things(value system...how to improve society etc etc) come from community/society..the well aware people of the society, educated ones...and the ones who are far sighted.

Guru sahib already has layed out the foundation for a really awesome soctiety(society of saints and soldiers)

its jus we aree losing it. :umm:

im happy that the real issues behind the news are coverd here.

i jus have a question: Do they still have "Panchayet" in Punjab's pinds?

things have to start from the places we live in. someone has to take the resposibilty! we need to see others as our own. punjab's sikhs are losing that and they are more self and money oriented! is it there fault? jus the way society is these days...the core values it's standing on are shallow.

people dont want to help the oppressed.

in this case we can say the people who are poor, have daughters and dont have much say if someone says or does something to their daughter. (this is so funny....writin this made me stop for a minute to think if i should write this or skip it. funny the way some of us are conditioned to not talk about these things. ignore them like they never happen.)

the thought that i still see in my dad, tayia ji and chacha ji, which peopel from that genration had in them: they see other dauighters as their own, others sisters as their own, and other monthers as their own. but we all know now a days these things are rare to find no.gif

anywho

if these ugly people can get away with things....thn why dont the other people do the same! there aremany ways to take care of people who are messed up!

if every pind takes the resosbility to take care of their people...it would do wonders. again things have to start localy...and if there is still Panchiyet (dont know the spellinz)...then those people resposible for make descionz for their pind needs to take stand and make their pind better! otherwise give those positionz to peole who can!(oh my wishful dreamy thoughts :ysad: )

itsnot that simple bhai,,,,,,the question now is will she have a better life now that this guy is dead? who knows. maybe all the neighbours will say she is cursed cause her father died the day she was born....so then her life would be even more miserable......sabh karma da phal aaa.

you know how things are in india.

itsnot that simple bhai,,,,,,the question now is will she have a better life now that this guy is dead? who knows. maybe all the neighbours will say she is cursed cause her father died the day she was born....so then her life would be even more miserable......sabh karma da phal aaa.

you know how things are in india.

Then maa nu akul chaidi! Oh Waheguru kion lokh india vich tusi dangur buniye!!

*Slaps Forhead repeatedly*

i remember my best friend cried when his daughter was born.....

when i asked why ? he just replied that ITS a girl...

i met him reasently and he said the he did have a boy next time but hes a good for nothing

layabout wont go to work or do anything, as my friend said that his health is bad and his daughter

works hard and pays for everything and worries what will he do when she gets married and goes away.......

i could not but think of the day he cried when she was born..........how things change.

i guess hes glad she was born now... grin.gif

this is true....and its in england

but see it his way....

girl = burden for ever