How To Find God, Where To Find Him,the Way To Moksha?

Brian.Singh

Be a good Hindu if you are Hindu & be a good Muslim or for this matter whatever you follow just follow the spiritual part with all your concentration and do not become fanatics about being ritualistic. If you are on your path to become good Sikh then follow the path to provide service to all mankind and it will give you moksha.

Source. wikipedia.org

Maya in Sikhism

In Sikhism, Maya (the world as you normally perceive it) is said to be no more manifest than a dream. The Sikh concept is in line with Vedanta. Sikhism, as well as many other paths of spirituality, state that the world is like a dream, and there is nothing in it which is yours. (This last sentence has been translated right from the Guru Granth Sahib). An example of this is when our dreams feel so solid and real, but how will we know if we're dreaming if we do not wake up the next morning? What can a person actually call "MINE" in the temporary existence of a life spanning three-quarters of a century?

However, Maya is not said to be an unimportant aspect of life. Both 'miri' (temporal) and 'piri' (spiritual) are said to be of equal importance to human beings. The key to a happy life, according to Sikhism, is knowing how to live the right balance between these two realms of existence.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

crappy stuff?!?! LMAO

reminds me of a story

of a wolf

he was walking past this tree when he noticed a bunch of grapes on it.

He tried to leap to grab it.. but missed it. Tried again and again.. leaped as HIGH as he can but still couldnt.

Feeling angry and upset he just sat there under the tree.

When a female wolf came, she also noticed the grapes and asked the wolf "why dont u leap up to grab the grapes? they seem delicious"

Wolf replied "They are sour grapes, that is why I'm not trying to grab them"

You might know where this is leading to.. :umm:

crappy stuff?!?! LMAO

reminds me of a story

of a wolf

he was walking past this tree when he noticed a bunch of grapes on it.

He tried to leap to grab it.. but missed it. Tried again and again.. leaped as HIGH as he can but still couldnt.

Feeling angry and upset he just sat there under the tree.

When a female wolf came, she also noticed the grapes and asked the wolf "why dont u leap up to grab the grapes? they seem delicious"

Wolf replied "They are sour grapes, that is why I'm not trying to grab them"

You might know where this is leading to.. :umm:

heha now that's a funny story!

Brian have u tried/plan to try any of these methods?

Thanks all of you for takin some time off to reply to my msg..sorry to put my question in Caps

But I'd asked advice from only those who have some glimpses of Him, who have some sorta experience of Him, Who have treaded on this path or any of the paths for that matter, and found him or atleast have seen His reflextion (I hope u guys have not overlooked my statement)

With Love

Brian

LOL.gif

Wud anybody be botherd to answer me pls?????????

get married :e:

LOL? What good will that do? LOL.gif The man doesn't need a wife. He said he needs GOD. :umm:

having a hawt wife will make him forget crappy stuff tongue.gif

May be LOL.gifLOL.gif

true...but read it in the early morning AMRIT VELA!

see, using a big font can take up a lot of space.

u see doing paarth during amrit vela (12.30am to 6.30am) is when heaven's doors are opened and God casts his/her gracious glance on you

d_oh.gif You always give better answers than me!

P.S. Brian, make sure you wear a shirt when doing paarth! :TH:

But wat wearing a shirt, covering head gotta do with all dat???? Its already pretty hot here in india....so god is not even that merciful that he can ignore my not wearin shirt or any headgear..?

ok forget about wearing a shirt...

so long as you:-

* cover your head

* take a shower before paarth

and u can't exactly say what God can/ cannot accept from us as the Lord has that power...not us humans!

if someone was luckily able to experience what u are asking, then it would be difficult to explain into words

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA
u see doing paarth during amrit vela (12.30am to 6.30am) is when heaven's doors are opened and God casts his/her gracious glance on you

Amritvela is betwwen 3am and 6am. I dont know where people try to sneak in 12 midnite thats the "middle" of the night.

We should rise in the last pehur of the night ie 3am till 6am. Next people will justify night as being Amritvela just so they dont have to wake up in certain times. It will be so they can stay up late and think that is doing Amritvela. You wake at Amritvela not stay up late do paath at 1 am before you go to bed and pretend it was Amritvela rolleyes.gif

Amritvela takes effort, most people are lazy with their sadhana.Recite mool mantar 125 times and recite Gurmantar 500 times before breakfast. Later on after Reharaas recite Gurmantar 500 times again. {Use a mala} :TH: