Princess

26th27thDecember

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

jus wana discuss this a bit on what everyone thinks of this!

the other day one of my roommates asked me why i wear "dastar" what does it mean. with bucnh of otehr sikhi related questions!

i am just going to make this topic on the Dastar!

first i told her how itz to cover my hair given by God, and is out of respect to waheguru(God). and it helps me in my spiritual life!

then she asked me the same question again the next day. then...i told her tht my last name means Kaur=Princess, and Dastar is my Crown! she was like wow! she was amazed at that.

then with little pause she said "So Do Sikh's treate you like a princess?"

i hasitated to answer that but then with Guru Maharjs kirpa...

i go "well the ones who understand life and are spritual people or Sikhs do"

the whole day that question kept on ringin in my ears...makin me think of peole around me who are Sikh..but dont know how to treate a Princess! what life is about...the value of Human life! Also i asked my self how many times i actually think of my self as a princess? how many times do i treate my self and other Kaurs like princesses?

The reason im bringing this is...to relate it to whats happening to teh Women of the Panth and in the world!

i didnt want to lie to my roommate..nor did i wanted her to belive something that was "IDEAL"! Sikhi is practicle but i dont know no more. whats really happening?

what could i say in future to someoen who asks me taht questions?

bhuk chuk muaf karni

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Bhainay if you've taken amrit and accept Pita Guru Gobind Singh jee as your father and Mataa Sahib Kaur jee as your mother you are the daughter of a KING, what do you think that makes you? A PRINCESS. The formality a princess receives in this temporal world is nothing compared to the respect/honor she receives in the next world as the beautiful princess soul-bride of Govind, the lord of the universe, to attain that honor in the world hereafter you have to work. If you know you're special you don't need to be told you just know because Guru Sahib tells you in the form of punj pyare when you take amrit. You don't need the world to tell you that you're a princess its something that has to come from the inside, when you truly feel it you will know the answer to that question.

first of thznk for replying

i understand that. u are right. In reality we all the same(soul) and jus a journey we are going through.

but didn't our Guru sahib ji tell us to respect and treate others better in this world?

the next world has things to do with what one does...one's deeds and ofocurse the ultimate goal of being One!

aight i'll ask this question then..

why was there need to chnage the name of woman/female to Kaur? and man/male name to Singh?

i know this probabaly seem like i am being worldly...and not understanding the spritual meaning..

only Guru Sahib ji knows...

but i wana know what evryone thingz of this.

why was there need to do such a WORLDY THING? why not leave it the way it was?

i agree that it shouldnt matter how otherz treate us or think of us..i really dont care and i do get in troble for thinking like that blush.gif lol but who CARES? i am only going to give account for my self not others.

again what should i say to others about why i wear dastar and why is my name Princess? (am i being egoistic...or do i htink im better thn others?)

so please do try to answer all the questions posed! they all are different, other wise there wouldhave been no need for me to ask all those questions

bhul chuk muaff karni

Gurujee created the Khalsa at a time when people were messed up in all possible ways. Religion was corrupted, people were slaves politically, etc. Gurujee gave us the pure (Khalsa) religion, ordered us to be Sant-Sipahi (don't oppress and don't be oppressed), and removed all kinds of bias based on manmade logics, be it caste or gender.

You wear a dastaar because Gurujee didn't discriminate between male and female. You are a princess because Gurujee didn't see women as inferior or as slaves or as an obstacle in a spiritual path. Now its your responsibility to maintain that grace by being distinct and unique from others who want to look like Bollywood actresses. You have a Guru-given identity, you are fortunate that you don't have to look like someone else who dances semi-naked to earn money. Its so pathetic when guys/girls try to look like a Hollywood/Bollywood actor/actress. You are already made in a beautiful way by Gurujee, what can be better? You are perfect! Now you have to maintain that perfection, and then everyone, Sikh or non-Sikh will respect you!