Arranged Marriage

mugmax

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

I'm of the opinion that no marriage is truly arranged... the choice is ALWAYS with the person getting married. If they choose to agree to whatever their parents say, fine, but that is a dangerous prospect, especially today when so many parents DO NOT SHARE the ideals of their kids.

This works both ways. I know people whose parents are strict gursikhs, and their kids are effective party animals. But I also know (personally) some people who are very much on the path of Sikhi, but their parents and family couldn't give a damn. In these cases, it should be upto the individual to decide what they feel is best.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Waheguru Jika Khalsa, Waheguru Jiki Fateh

To be liberal or not to be liberal. To change or to stay the same. What works for our culture? What not? Things that looks fine for us today will be considred backwards 50 years from now. What will you say if your great grandkids says marriagfe is not required for 2 partners to live together and have a child. Better yet, their grandkids will suggest that's even backwards, one should be able to share partners with others and have children with anyone. Something to think about.

Gurfateh

Fateh

I think arrange marriages are kool, like some of u already said you get to see the person and speak to them before giving a answer, im not sure if getting forced into marriage is still going on? if it still is then thats very wrong totally against that. All of my cousin sisters and brothers and my blood sister have had arranged marriages and honestly speaking you would think my sisters have had love marriages but they ain't so i thank Waheguru Ji everyday that they remain happy like this for ever. Arrange marriage do work and they don't kismat thi gal really, one can only try and make their relationship work if they trully want to so no i don't think arranged marriages need to be changed. But im also not aganist love marriages they are kool aswell, end of day if the two people are happy nothing else counts aswell as the both families to be happy n all.

Fateh