Sikhism Is The Only Religion....

Pakandi baba

Sant jwala singh ji harkhowale which bhai randhir singh ji himself gave padvi of "Sant"

Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh never gave Sant Jwala Singh of Harkowal any Padvi. Bhai Sahib used to refer to another Singh by the name of Jwala Singh as "Sant" but this is a different Sant Jwala Singh.

I don't understand how you can continue to insist that Satnaam, ONNNGGG and OMMM are equal to Gurmat Naam once we've gone over the shabad that clearly says ਕਿਰਤਮ ਨਾਮ ਕਥੇ ਤੇਰੇ ਜਿਹਬਾ ॥

ਸਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਤੇਰਾ ਪਰਾ ਪੂਰਬਲਾ ॥. Guru Sahib has made a clear distinction between Gurmat Naam or Gurmukh Naam and just kirtam naam.

If we say that kirtam naam is equal to Gurmat Naam then there really was no need for Gurmantar or Gurdeekhyaa. But it is a rule that ਬਿਨੁ ਗੁਰ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਨ ਕਿਨੈ ਪਾਇਆ ਮੇਰੇ ਭਾਈ ॥ . So clearly there is a difference between just Gurmat Naam and just any 'naam'. This is the highest mantar.

Singh i already tried my best to explain my reasonings, now we should let the sangat reach their own conclustions from this debate.

Gurfateh.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its funny how we as Sikhs are always lamenting about how Sikhi is being eroded and lost, yet it is us who are doing most of the damage. Budhism does not believe in God. It beleives in a state of enlightenment called Nirvana. But Atheism is one of its aspects. Please delve further into this religion. Now, there can only be one sach. Either there is a God, or there isnt. If there is, than that makes Bhuddism wrong.

Now, God is not a mortal being, but an immortal one. Hinduism beleives there avtaars were manifestations of Brahma, Gurbani says there were special, but still trapped in the cylce of life or death. Only one of these opposing thoughts can be right. Which makes the other WRONG

Christianity beleives Jesus is needed to save us and take us to the Kingdom of God. Guru Sahib does not beleive in Original Sin, because we are according to OUR karms, not the karms of Adam and Eve. Only one opnion can be right, is it our karms, or are we the victims of original sin and must be redeemed by Jesus?

You cannot compare apples with oranges and say they are the same. You cannot compare Gold with other base metals and say they are the same. Likewise, you cannot compare two or more various ways of living and thinking and say they are all the same.

Sikhi is the only religion where we do not condemn all beleivers to hell. It says that you will get to where you aim for. If no other religion aims for Sachkhand, why are so many people hell bent on sending them there? I dont think people realise the true magnitude of this realm. Its impossible to understand, I know, but just because we cannot understand it does not mean we should undermine it.

Just look at the following equation: Bani says, Bin Satguru Kinai Paeo, Bin Satgur kinnai na Paiaa. Now that is pretty clear what that means. But this raises the question, who is Satgur? Well we are clearly told by Bhai Gurdas Ji, Sabh Te Vada SATGUR NANAK, Jin kar Rakhee Meree.

Its great that we as Sikhs are liked by everyone and must promote our religion. But we are one of the only religions that looks at QUALITY, and not QUANTITY, so lets not always try to aim for political correctness, and belittle our faith in the process, instead lets acknowledge that what we have here is no mere jewel, but the jewel of all jewels, and not feel ashamed in saying that.

Indeed penji,

Sikhi is ever Sanatan(eternal) cannot be bound to socio-religious boundaries unlike other dharams....!

Sri Ram Chandra is a Sikh from Satyug so as Krishan so as Rishi Balmik so as Raja Janak So as Bhagat Kabir So as Bhagat Farid , Bhagat Namdev, Ravidas, Bhagat Pipa, Jain, Sadhna, Gangka Papan -------- list just goes on and on and on- infinite........!!!!!!!!!!!!

refers to this audio clip for sangat to listen:

Gurmat is anadi:

http://www.gurmarag.net/SikhAwareness/Audi...0is%20anadi.mp3

Enjoy !!!!!!! :T:

Sikhism is the only religion who have scriptures that are written by the actual Prophet/Guru/Messiah call him whatever you desire.

Quran was by Disciples (via Gabriel)

Bible by Disciples

Gita by Disciples

So the above are prone to distortion and it's very visible they are distorted! But...

d_oh.gif Guru Granth Sahib Ji by Guru Arjan Dev Ji Mahraaj! - From the Lord Almighty Himself d_oh.gif

Have you got any proof? The words from the Bible were reveled to the followers. Shabad was reveled in the same way.

Did you know that in the bible that it says that the earth is flat? And a LOT of people think that this means the planet Earth. Did you know that the Universe is flat? Planet Earth was never called "Earth" in old biblical times. All dhramic texts were reveled, its groups which call theses texts their known, but all are from God.

And as for Aad Guru Granth Sahib, Guru Tegh Bahadur's bani was included which was writen by Guru Gobind Singh Ji.

Are you going to say that the Bible and Semitic scriptures are revelations by God?

If you are a Sikh, you cannot believe that. God is Sat. Sat is only one and doesn't contradict. If the Bible is true and the Koran is true then slavery is fine. This is just one example along with countless other things that aren't according to Gurmat.

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)

Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them. (1 Timothy 6:1-2 NLT)

Did God reveal this?

As for Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahibs Bani: this was recorded before Guru Gobind Singh finalised the Damadami Bir. The Bani of Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib exists in pothis and in Granths that pre-date the Damdami Bir.

This is the tragedy of Sikhs today. Go to any other group and they will have so much confidence in their "revelations" from their "prophets" and will defend it. Come to the Sikhs and we'll not just not defend the greatness of Guru Nanak's revelation but in fact argue that it's NOT all that special. What more ghulaami can there possibly be?

Are you going to say that the Bible and Semitic scriptures are revelations by God?

If you are a Sikh, you cannot believe that. God is Sat. Sat is only one and doesn't contradict. If the Bible is true and the Koran is true then slavery is fine. This is just one example along with countless other things that aren't according to Gurmat.

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)

Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them. (1 Timothy 6:1-2 NLT)

Did God reveal this?

As for Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahibs Bani: this was recorded before Guru Gobind Singh finalised the Damadami Bir. The Bani of Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib exists in pothis and in Granths that pre-date the Damdami Bir.

This is the tragedy of Sikhs today. Go to any other group and they will have so much confidence in their "revelations" from their "prophets" and will defend it. Come to the Sikhs and we'll not just not defend the greatness of Guru Nanak's revelation but in fact argue that it's NOT all that special. What more ghulaami can there possibly be?

Wow that was a quick reply! Who are their Masters? Saints? Fellow Men? Or is it a matter of being selfless and putting others before yourself?

Do you remember a little story about Ghanaya.

During a certain battle some Sikhs came to Guru Gobind Singh complaining that a water–carrier named Ghanaya was giving water to the enemy. Guru Gobind Singh called Ghanaya before him and asked him if that was true. Ghanaya replied that it was not true—when he saw injured soldiers on the field, he did not see Sikhs or non-Sikhs; he saw the Guru in every man.

So by giving water to ALL soliders he was serving the Guru. Seva basically.

"Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)"

By the way I dont believe in caste system or anything like that.

Sikhi believes in serving all of humanity regardless of race, gender, caste etc. I don't see how that relates to the issue of slavery.

Your explanation of the quotes doesn't make any sense. But ok. Please explain this one:

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment. (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

Another revelation by God?

Sikhi believes in serving all of humanity regardless of race, gender, caste etc. I don't see how that relates to the issue of slavery.

Your explanation of the quotes doesn't make any sense. But ok. Please explain this one:

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment. (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

Another revelation by God?

"If she does not please the man who bought her". Well this does not mean sex slave as "modern thinking" would have you believe, because for Christians, Sex before marriage is wrong.

I would have also have to say is that im not a Christian and I have not read the whole bible which im assuming you have and your not just picking bits of the bible just to serve your own purpose.

By the way, I dont approve of slavery.

Also, saints like kabir came before Guru Nanak..... they were not jeevan mukat or their path was different from Nanak? Saints like Mansoor,Paltu, Bheekhan....they had their gurus and they were jeevan mukat.

Bhagats whose bani is part of Guru Granth Sahib Ji were all Sikhs. Bhagat Kabir Ji met Guru Nanak Dev Ji and became a Sikh. According to Sikhi Guru is out of the cycle of death and birth. Thus, a true Guru cannot be a human. Read the Bhagat Bani and you will see that it is perfectly in accord with Gurmat. Islam and Hinduism both are rejected.

Its not telling us what in the khand. Its telling us the understand which we will get if we reach in this khand

Panktee clearly says “Gyan Khand Ka Akhau Karam”. Karam is not an understanding or experience. Word “Kaitay” means there are thousands of Ram, Krishna, Shivas, Vishnu, Brahmas, Buddhas etc. Guru Gobind Singh Ji’s bani says the same thing in Akal Ustat.

ਏਕ ਸਿਵ ਭਏ ਏਕ ਗਏ ਏਕ ਫੇਰ ਭਏ ਰਾਮਚੰਦ੍ਰ ਕ੍ਰਿਸਨ ਕੇ ਅਵਤਾਰ ਭੀ ਅਨੇਕ ਹੈ ।

ਬ੍ਰਹਮਾ ਅਰੁ ਬਿਸਨੁ ਕੇਤੇ ਬੇਦ ਔ ਪੁਰਾਨ ਕੇਤੇ ਸਿੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਸਮੂਹਨ ਕੇ ਹੁਇ ਹੁਇ ਬਿਤਏ ਹੈ ।

By the same logic I can ask u....who was the guru of Nanak?

Can't you show some respect for your Guru? The way you are writing His name just shows how much you know about Him and how well you understand His message. You cannot even write His nameSure you can but you cannot answer a question with a question. It just shows that you don’t know the answer. It makes you look confused more than determined about the fact that how can Sikhi be the only way. Guru of Guru Nanak Dev Ji is Shabad Guru. In Sidh Gosat, Guru Sahib has clearly explained:

ਪਵਨਅਰੰਭੁਸਤਿਗੁਰਮਤਿਵੇਲਾ ॥ ਸਬਦੁਗੁਰੂਸੁਰਤਿਧੁਨਿਚੇਲਾ ॥

It is the same Shabad that resides in Guru Granth Sahib Ji. This is why Gurbani is the embodiment of Waheguru. Now answer the question you were asked. Who was Guru of Buddha and other prophets?

Gurbani also sometimes mentions satguru when it means God.

There is no difference between Satguru Guru Sahib and Waheguru.

Same way as Ram is used in gurbani when it refers to God.

There is a big difference between Ram Chand of Ayodheya and Ram, name of God. Ram is name of God but Guru Sahib revealed true name, the highest. It is given to Sikhs as Gurmantar which is the Satnam (true name).

Guru Nanak told us the path to sachkhand.....how many of us reached there????

Many Gursikhs have reached there. The list is too long. I haven’t reached there. What does that prove? That Sachkhand doesn’t exist?

For the same reason new religion come into being because people lke us "misinterpret" old religions

Guru Sahib could’ve provided the correct interpretation. Why didn’t he? Why start a new religion?

I NEVER said that there is no realm known as sachkhand. I just said that it an experience which only lucky one can experience. Also God is EVERYWHERE......its in u ...its in me....its everywhere.....Sab gobind hai Sab Gobind hai.....Sachkhand is an experience where we come to a understanding like tun tun karta tun hua......or as Baba Bulle Shah says.....ranjha ranjha kardi ni mein appe ranjha hoyee.

Nice philosophical idead but provide reference from Gurbani. Gurbani clearly says “Sachkhand Wasay Nirankar”. Waheguru is everywhere but doesn’t mean He is not in Sachkhand. Sun is at one spot but his light is everywhere. Same way, Waheguru is in Sachkhand where He has been since Aad and His light is everywhere. When the entire creation ends, Waheguru will still exist. That place is Sachkhand.

I think one should provided some Gurbani reference to back up him claims like Singh 132 has been doing. If the only purpose of this topic is to debate and not learn then why waste time. Spend equal amount of time in each religion in meditation and see which is best. It will be Sikhi. Islam, Hinduism and other religions contradict with Sikhi. Hence, they cannot be equal to Sikhi. All the way must be the same and must not contradict each other in order to reach the same destination. It is very unfortunate that “Sikhs” of today have failed to understand the greatness of Gurbani. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

SIKHISM IS THE ONLY RELIGION THAT HELPS YOU MEET AKAL PURAKH, NO OTHER RELIGION DOES THAT, THEY TELL YOU TO DO THIS AND THAT, BUT NOT HOW TO CONNECT ONE WITH AKAL PURAKH.. :e:

BAKWAS BAND KAR

SINGH IS KING, AND BE THE BEST A KAUR PRINCESS. :D

seems like BRIAN cant take the heat

*EDITED*

yeah thats damn right...take back w/e you said...

lol :D

anywho....

no matter what happens, i wouldnt be a desciple of any other religion/faith (etc) but my Dhan Dhan, Sache Paatshaah, Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Mahaaraaj pray.gif

of course i aint perfect...

but Sikhi teaches to be perfect pray.gif