Is Gristhi Jeevan A Must?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is their somethnig called doing too much bhagti?

alot of people i have spoken to belive that their is a certain amount of bhagti one should do a day , sum say doing nitnem is enuff, some say u should do sukhmani sahib and asa di vaar also, some say u shouldnt sleep etc...

do what you can while doing worldly duties. there is a tuk by Bhai Gurdaas Jee (if i'm not mistaken, which i am most of the time :D ) thats says that if a sikh gives up their worldly duties and goes to gurudwara then they would not get the essence of the surmon. perhaps some gursikh can post the tuk. i have no clue what it is.

bhul chuk maaf. guru rakha.

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

Why Nighttime Sleep is Important

Sleep is regulated by two brain processes. One is the restorative process when sleep occurs naturally in response to how long we are awake; the longer we are awake, the stronger is the drive to sleep. The second process controls the timing of sleep and wakefulness during the day-night cycle. Timing is regulated by the circadian biological clock that is located in our brain. This part of the brain, the SCN or suprachiasmatic nucleus, is influenced by light so that we naturally tend to get sleepy at night when it is dark and are active during the day when it is light. In addition to timing the sleep-wake cycle, the circadian clock regulates day-night cycles of most body functions, ensuring that the appropriate levels occur at night when you are sleeping. For example, important hormones are secreted, blood pressure is lowered and kidney functions change. Research even indicates that memory is consolidated during sleep. This "clock" in the brain runs on a 24-hour cycle with the result that we feel most sleepy around 2:00-4:00 am and in the afternoon between 1:00-3:00 pm. We need to have continuous sleep that becomes restorative and results in feeling refreshed and alert for the day ahead. (notice we sleep the most right until the point to wake up at Amritvela)

*from a sleep study

I saw a study that said to live longer you should only sleep 4-5 hours a night, and it was on the news right as I was talking about how Amritvela is important.

Khalsa Jeo .. m moorakh dont Know much about bhagti, naam,simran.. but one thing that i exp.. is Gurbani ,naam , simran should come from your heart .. siting alone in room sayin Waheguru Waheguru its not enought Waheguru should not be only on ur rasna but also in you heart.. Mann BECHE Satgur Ke Pass.. lots of people take simrna sand do jaap of waheguru waheguru ... but this simrna should be in ur heart.. you can do jaap of waheguru every time and anywhere with the simrna in ur heart ... veer jadd simrna da manka houli houli mann de andhar uss parmatma de naam vich bhij ke ghuman lagu ga ta mahraj di kirpa appe ho jaugi .. and Bani is Deep ocean to expolre ... jini bani pado te samjho uni thodi aa . ik vari veer sacha payar uss malak nal pai gaya sadda fer sanu ehh puchan ya dasan di zarurat nahi paini ki assi kina path ya kina jaap kariye divas raat fer tan uss parmatma de rang vich nikalde aa ... veer bhagti kisse jungle vich nahi milne kitay band kamree ch nahi milni .. bhagti is in your heart and i know you are very colse to it ..... Waheguru kirpa karre ...chardi kalla bakshe ... bhul chuk ho gayi hove nikka veer jaan ke baksh leo .. waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh