Was Guru Nanak Dev Sahib Muslim

Surajsingh

it's not C@*#. dont be frustrated.

its educational actually.(referring to the other post/topic on "paranoia." jokeZ)

i have encountered these types of talks a lot in my life. it is usually Muslims who know bit about Sikhs. Or have read about it in some book on Islam and guru Nanak dev ji. if someone hadn't posted something like this before, and i hadn’t read it i would have been confused to my core about sikhi after finishing a conversation with a Muslim trying to tell me “ur first "profit" was Muslim.” i would have believed her if i hadn't had the knowledge.(again its all his kirpa)

u can't really beat people sometimes, who believe that, by debate in reality because the wont budge. What has worked for me, with Guru sahib ji's kirpa, is knowing what Sikhi is about and the sacrifices of our bajuragz. Also knowing(being aware) the fact that there are people who think that Guru Nanak dev ji was Muslim.

i just listen to people like those and see what they have to say without actually gettin mad. they say what they have to, and we both move on! i mean you guys could win the debate with someone who thinks like that, but i choose not to… knowing it will be a waste of time(depends on what kind of person you are talking to on th other end)

One could take these types of encounters as a test, or a lesson to be learned.

Everyone wants us to be on the right path. no one wants us to follow "evil" ways. they want us to improve our lives here in this world! Its all about living to the fullest...living properly...living how "God" wants us to live. they want the best for u and all. it's the nature of our soul(Akal) wanting the best for the whole humanity. we just get confused by the labels that we put on our own selves, thus we go about persuading others that MY RELIGION IS THE BEST JOING IT, BE "SAVED"!!! may be who knows?

These are just my thoughts. I am sure I have said many thing which... aren’t even what Sikhi is about so forgive me for that, cuz i have avery little knowldge when it comes to sikhi. i tried to make it short but coudnt sorry. :D

again bhul chuk muaf karni

waheguru ji kakhalsa waheguru jiki fateh

First of all I don't think there is any point debating with these guys. We have had it loads of times, and have had it enough. They are not going to learn because their only intention is only to confuse and then brainwash others. Plus since I am in the Middle East, my parents always advice me to stay away from such conversations because one could end up in deep trouble if a single word said by you is interpretted by them as blasphemous. So you have to keep the conversation short, and end it in a way that the other person gets the impression that he/she can't shake your faith and mess with your mind, and that you've dealt with others like him/her before.