unity: stop bashing each other

SaRpAnCh

i dont understand this "accept what others think" philosophy within sikhi

i understand we need to respect other faiths etc.......but we shouldnt accept it when people change our relgion.

like i said one way is right and one way is wrong......i.e kesh as kakkar or keski

only one can be THE REAL rehit....not both!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i understand we need to respect other faiths etc.......but we shouldnt accept it when people change our relgion.

like i said one way is right and one way is wrong......i.e kesh as kakkar or keski

Can you confidently define the "real" rehit? The AKJ or the DDT or the SGPC? These arguments are hear to stay for generations to come. These arguments will always create disunity.

Isn't it all about sharda. I mean one GurSikh recites mool mantr to "GurPrasaad" and another recites mool mantr to "Nanak Hosi Bhi Sach". Each person is reciting what they believe to be the "full" mool mantr with passion and sharda. Based on that who will you judge as the better Sikh?

soooo......... should we keep aruging??

phaji i understand when u talk of shaarda......but regardless of that one way way is still right and all the others are rong

when Bhagat Dhanna Ji prayed day and nite to a stone thinking that God was only in that stone.....the stone spoke back to him and told him that "u are rite, i am God in this stone but everything els u see is also me"

his undoubted shaarda in that stone being God paid off and then God told him of the right way

what im trying to get at is even though u can have full faith...ther is still only one tru way!

ther is stil only one tru rehit, one tru mool mantar etc ......hopefully one day we can all have enough faith that God and Guru will put us right and tell us the truth!

Maybe several forms of the Rehit have always existed together.

For example, when Bandha Singh came around and his followers, there was a split in the Khalsa, because the Rehit he followed was distinctly different from those that had been for the Sikhs that followed the 10 Guru's.

However, Gurmatta or consensus was reached....i.e. agreee to disagree.

I think a lot of the kids (and some "adults") here need to read more History in Sikhism from Objective sources before they start preaching what Rehit is to everyone else.

soooo......... should we keep aruging??

bottom line is that nothing in Guru Maharaj's Sikhi should be comprimised! somewhere along the line, throughtout the ages something did....and now we're paying the price.

i wouldnt promote arguing but 'to say and promote something against ones beliefs' ----- im sorry but everyone should have the right to oppose that.....whether it is within our own Kaum or not!

bhul chuk maaf

you are right, but i could argue with you now, and forever and we cud even fight and knock each other out. but what we should do is put our differences aside for now, and do naam simrin, do more japji sahib paath and read more bani, then when we do that we will realise who is right as guru ji shows us both the path.

if i dont even do naam simran or nitnem and dont go to the guruwdata, whats the point of me arguing with you whether its kesh or keshki, because im not worth to represent anyones veiw.............we could be doing more rather than staying at one point and not progressing, see where im going? hope i didnt confuse you loll

you are right, but i could argue with you now, and forever and we cud even fight and knock each other out. but what we should do is put our differences aside for now, and do naam simrin, do more japji sahib paath and read more bani, then when we do that we will realise who is right as guru ji shows us both the path.

if i dont even do naam simran or nitnem and dont go to the guruwdata, whats the point of me arguing with you whether its kesh or keshki, because im not worth to represent anyones veiw.............we could be doing more rather than staying at one point and not progressing, see where im going? hope i didnt confuse you loll

Well said!

But I have to disagree because from what I have seen the Khalsa Youth are just as judgemental over other GurSikhs based on their jatha, samparday, age, caste, region, style/colour of dastar, size of kirpan, type of keertan and tied/open dhara

i totally agree....i've been in those shoes...judgng ppl.....from their appearance....is he a akj singh, taksaali or nehung or etc......i've been in numoerous debates n didnt find peace of mind

bhai sahib....i can understand ur feelings.....whether kesh is kakaar or keski is kakaar......mool mantar is till gurparsaad or till nanak hosi bhi sach....n countless other issues

but isnt it better if some1 recites mool mantar.....be it till gurparsad or nanak hosi bhi sach

i've been asked these questions so many times.....youths asked me questions like this....i only tell them 1 thing.......do it as much as u can.....doesnt matter if its short or long......they asked me the same question wat if its not mool mantar....but then i told isnt it baani?......baani is suppose to do paar utaara right?...so read it as much as u can

n if u feel wat u doin is right n others are doin it wrong.....then do ardaas to guru sahib so tat every1 realises the right path

the only way this bashing can stop is to accept the defferences between all the jathabandis......n if u look at all the jathabandis.....every jathabandis has its gunh(qualities/virtues)....n there's more gunh then avgun

arent we suppose to do the saanjh of gunh?

bhul chukk maaf