Masons And Christians Views Of God And How To Achieve

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SatwantBeantKehar

Christian theology with

(i) Jesus being the only son of god (much like muhammand being the last prophet)

(ii) Women being inferior to men

(iii) Jesus being the only way to salvation

Sound vacuous and superficial indeed.

Also I agree that we should not bash PSK as he is only showing the theology/philosophy for what it is.

Also we should delete quotes like "Hinduo anna turko kaana" from SGGS as they are nindya.

However I am very impressed with the missionary work and the compassion they show - the fact that they provide healthcare, education etc even if it comes at the cost of the helped converting to Christianity.

The widow of Australian missionory burnt alive along with his sons asked forgiveness for the culprits - that is truely remarkable I'd say.

I know I will be hated for saying this but I appreciate their work in Punjab - The majhabi sikhs' children who otherwis would have grown into beeri smoking, zarda chewing 'sikhs' are now getting a chance - even if that means joga singh is now John singh - at least he will get education, healthcare and most importantly some attention.

The sikhs have given up on these sections of society and have only opprobium towards them.

They have their religions and we have ours, no need to get in to political asylum.

But it's good to discuss veera!

Fair enough

Christian theology with

(i) Jesus being the only son of god (much like muhammand being the last prophet)

(ii) Women being inferior to men

(iii) Jesus being the only way to salvation

Sound vacuous and superficial indeed.

Also I agree that we should not bash PSK as he is only showing the theology/philosophy for what it is.

Also we should delete quotes like "Hinduo anna turko kaana" from SGGS as they are nindya.

However I am very impressed with the missionary work and the way they are provide healthcare, education etc even if it comes at the cost of the helped converting to Christianity.

I know I will be hated for saying this but I appreciate their work in Punjab - The majhabi sikhs' children who otherwis would have grown into beeri smoking, zarda chewing 'sikhs' are now getting a chance - even if that means joga singh is now John singh - at least he will get education, healthcare and most importantly some attention.

The sikhs have given up on these sections of society and have only opprobium towards them.

If we deleted Gurbani from Guru Granth Sahib, its like taking an arm off the Guru ji. Its not called "Ninidyah", its called "Gurbani". We must never alter or delete gurbani, this is Guru ji's Hukam. no.gif

"Tur ki bani ai sagali chint vatai"

If we deleted Gurbani from Guru Granth Sahib, its like taking an arm off the Guru ji. Its not called "Ninidyah", its called "Gurbani". We must never alter or delete gurbani, this is Guru ji's Hukam. no.gif

"Tur ki bani ai sagali chint vatai"

for me, there could be no bigger paap in the world... than deleting gurbani from the SGGS...

Guest SatwantBeantKehar

I apologize people I was only being sarcastic at people who criticize anyone who tries to discuss other religions.

What I meant was according to my veers LionChild, papi etc guru sahibs should have refrained from saying quotes like above.

I apologize people I was only being sarcastic at people who criticize anyone who tries to discuss other religions.

What I meant was according to my veers LionChild, papi etc guru sahibs should have refrained from saying quotes like above.

Again, we are a piece of dust on the Guru jis feet, who are we to say that Guru ji should not have said this and that, it may depend on the circumstances in history of why Guru ji said this, thus teaching Hindus Gurmat and putting them on the right path.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Much respect to Pritam veerjee, but seriously, these forums should be focusing on why SIKHI IS GOOD, not why everything else is bad.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

:TH: thats all i was trying to say :D

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

Actually how many different christian sects are there??????? They seem so confused with all the different churches, they all need to be one church instead of all these money making church corporations, which feeds the monopoly money in the western world.

Why do the Catholics say they are more correct than the baptists or the evangelical or the 7th day people say they are better than the mormonrs and the mormons think they are the only real church on Earth (kinda like how muslims think) Why do Jews get so persacuted for being the oldest existing abrahamic religion????? The muslims say they are the new and updated jewish religion, but Sikhs are the newest, highly qualified, best compatibility and non-predjudice religion for all mankind. Basically the Sikh religion serves all religion instead of only serving their own people for conversion gains. We Sikh are good Sikh for the rest of society also and not just for the Sikh communities. Other religions only cater to their own group or they cater to the people they want to convert to christianity. Sikh dont even try to convert people, we just try to educate them so they know what Sikhi is. I truelly believe that all the other religions are prejudice which is against any religious teachings on Earth. We Sikhs are used to being the minority so we dont expect too much from society but the ego religions can only help but bias themselves towards ignorantly learning so they didnt abandon/forsake jesus.

We as religious people are one group. All the atheist are another people. We need to stop fighting amongst the religions of the world, because alot of the problem with todays religions are atheistic views of the world which science has so bluntly blended in with peoples minds. Technology is also giving people atheistic theories. They can only thrive in an atheistic world so if all the religions were truthful and caring then all the people would eventually change their view, considering this is a loving world and not just about crime and being greedy.

I was having a talk with a guy I know and he basically was telling me how he doesnt beleive the christian theory of God and heaven and life (he thought all religions have the same layout and theories) I told him that I didnt either (he knew I was raised a christian) I told him after I discovered Sikhi I was changed. My thought patteren changed, I began to look at the world completely differently. Things started to immerge more obviously, God became visible everywhere. He was stunned but then said hindu this and that ( which I told him we beleive in reincarnation like the hindus but not the 3300000 gods ) I told him that Sikhi is the only religion with the Sikh layout, and all the others have there own interpretations of there teachings. I told him Sikhi is about knowing your self or knowing your infinity (which got his eyes to open) He understood but had no clue what I meant by infinity (this made him think for a min) Days after all this he came to my house and was asking all these questions about Sri Harmandir Sahib, which before he seriously did not care one second about. When I go to his house I do paath in one of his rooms because I tell him I can never not do paath.

So I will be doing whatever and come sunset I tell him "Time for Reharaas Paath" and he does his thing while waiting for me to do my thing, after we go right back to conversation, becasue I told him to be a Sikh means you have a constant effort instead of feeling like you owe huge effort at one disclosed time. I said the morning is the time that you put in the most effort, and all the other paaths are more easy. A little bit of effort each day will go along way with even a nonSikh.

I am teaching him how to play music with guitars and drums etc to form a righteous reggae band. I sing Gurbani sometimes like "Bhai paraapat manukh dhaehureea Gobind milan ke eih tharee bureea". I said if you want to play with me or if you want me to show you how to play them we will play Gurbani sometimes, period, or I can go elsewhere.

I think when people actually quit being ignorant then they seem to have a bond either with Sikhi or the Sikh themselves. At first people are really not open minded and even anti, but then they find out that a Sikh will help them more than their own friends will, so they open up and disgard the ignorance then they have made a new friend and who is a Sikh (someone they thought was ooposite of what they really are about)

So I can say that a nonSikh getting taught a little bit of Sikhi is dramatically changing his attitude of the world to a more optimistic view of the visible creation, or , just without his previous state of mind is a benefit to him along with anyone around him.

SatNaam Siri Waheguru Jio

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Much respect to Pritam veerjee, but seriously, these forums should be focusing on why SIKHI IS GOOD, not why everything else is bad.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

In order to see the balance then you must learn other religions theories etc.

(In other words)

Its like trying to be a mechanic when you only know how to work on your car. To be a professional mechanic you have to have a broader knowledge with automobiles,and you need to know how to fix a car that you might never need to fix. :TH:

Actually how many different christian sects are there??????? They seem so confused with all the different churches, they all need to be one church instead of all these money making church corporations, which feeds the monopoly money in the western world.

Why do the Catholics say they are more correct than the baptists or the evangelical or the 7th day people say they are better than the mormonrs and the mormons think they are the only real church on Earth (kinda like how muslims think) Why do Jews get so persacuted for being the oldest existing abrahamic religion????? The muslims say they are the new and updated jewish religion, but Sikhs are the newest, highly qualified, best compatibility and non-predjudice religion for all mankind. Basically the Sikh religion serves all religion instead of only serving their own people for conversion gains. We Sikh are good Sikh for the rest of society also and not just for the Sikh communities. Other religions only cater to their own group or they cater to the people they want to convert to christianity. Sikh dont even try to convert people, we just try to educate them so they know what Sikhi is. I truelly believe that all the other religions are prejudice which is against any religious teachings on Earth. We Sikhs are used to being the minority so we dont expect too much from society but the ego religions can only help but bias themselves towards ignorantly learning so they didnt abandon/forsake jesus.

We as religious people are one group. All the atheist are another people. We need to stop fighting amongst the religions of the world, because alot of the problem with todays religions are atheistic views of the world which science has so bluntly blended in with peoples minds. Technology is also giving people atheistic theories. They can only thrive in an atheistic world so if all the religions were truthful and caring then all the people would eventually change their view, considering this is a loving world and not just about crime and being greedy.

I was having a talk with a guy I know and he basically was telling me how he doesnt beleive the christian theory of God and heaven and life (he thought all religions have the same layout and theories) I told him that I didnt either (he knew I was raised a christian) I told him after I discovered Sikhi I was changed. My thought patteren changed, I began to look at the world completely differently. Things started to immerge more obviously, God became visible everywhere. He was stunned but then said hindu this and that ( which I told him we beleive in reincarnation like the hindus but not the 3300000 gods ) I told him that Sikhi is the only religion with the Sikh layout, and all the others have there own interpretations of there teachings. I told him Sikhi is about knowing your self or knowing your infinity (which got his eyes to open) He understood but had no clue what I meant by infinity (this made him think for a min) Days after all this he came to my house and was asking all these questions about Sri Harmandir Sahib, which before he seriously did not care one second about. When I go to his house I do paath in one of his rooms because I tell him I can never not do paath.

So I will be doing whatever and come sunset I tell him "Time for Reharaas Paath" and he does his thing while waiting for me to do my thing, after we go right back to conversation, becasue I told him to be a Sikh means you have a constant effort instead of feeling like you owe huge effort at one disclosed time. I said the morning is the time that you put in the most effort, and all the other paaths are more easy. A little bit of effort each day will go along way with even a nonSikh.

I am teaching him how to play music with guitars and drums etc to form a righteous reggae band. I sing Gurbani sometimes like "Bhai paraapat manukh dhaehureea Gobind milan ke eih tharee bureea". I said if you want to play with me or if you want me to show you how to play them we will play Gurbani sometimes, period, or I can go elsewhere.

I think when people actually quit being ignorant then they seem to have a bond either with Sikhi or the Sikh themselves. At first people are really not open minded and even anti, but then they find out that a Sikh will help them more than their own friends will, so they open up and disgard the ignorance then they have made a new friend and who is a Sikh (someone they thought was ooposite of what they really are about)

So I can say that a nonSikh getting taught a little bit of Sikhi is dramatically changing his attitude of the world to a more optimistic view of the visible creation, or , just without his previous state of mind is a benefit to him along with anyone around him.

SatNaam Siri Waheguru Jio

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

In order to see the balance then you must learn other religions theories etc.

(In other words)

Its like trying to be a mechanic when you only know how to work on your car. To be a professional mechanic you have to have a broader knowledge with automobiles,and you need to know how to fix a car that you might never need to fix. :TH:

Well I can see that one might compare/analyse "Sikhi" to others, and actually think how "Sikhi" is different, and what I perceive is that "Sikhi" is logic and makes absolute common sense, though you get satisfaction from it, and also being proud of whom you are. Guess it proves how powerful and wonderful "Sikhi" is.

I feel you guys are harsh on PSK. He is not bashing but he is sharing his views with us after putting in an effort on research on how the other religions see god and how they consider their religions to be only true and reject others. I feel he thanks waheguru again and again for blessing him with the sikhi way of life everytime he reads or knows about other religions coz they have so many flaws and are full of ego which has nothing to do with a religion.

He is only sharing his views which are based on true facts and we label it as "bashing".Rather we should learn something about it and stop bashing him instead now and again.

I second this. If you go onto various other forums. You'll see they do the exact same thing. Some of you here would go as far as saying don't dicuss any other religion becasue it's against Sikhi. It's not We need to dicusss or what's the point of anything!

With all these missionaries loitering around and islamic fundamentalists always raring for a discussion on religion and god, it has become a kind of necessity for sikhs outside punjab to know about other religions and it's comparisons with your religion so that if situation arises one can give a satisfactory reply in a conversation rather than standing quietly and clueless and listening to bull$hit which is generally aimed at proving our religion low or man made and theirs as word of god or true.

I feel good debating skills and handsome knowledge act as logical counter attack weapons which a modern sikh should be always armed with.