Sardar Mann Injured Seriously By Badal's Goondas

Guest PunjabSingh

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what is this about different bodies... SGPC and SAD who are they? who are SAD and what is their significance? im confused on these parties

Lord knows! - Alll i hear are badal, vedanti kanjaar <admin-profanity filter activated> are a** licking bahmans. - They are gaddar in the roop of Khalse.

GET THEM OUT NOW!!!! - HOW DO WE DO IT? PANJAB VICH SIKH KI KARDE???

what is this about different bodies... SGPC and SAD who are they? who are SAD and what is their significance? im confused on these parties

Lord knows! - Alll i hear are badal, vedanti kanjaar <admin-profanity filter activated> are a** licking bahmans. - They are gaddar in the roop of Khalse.

GET THEM OUT NOW!!!! - HOW DO WE DO IT? PANJAB VICH SIKH KI KARDE???

Busy eating "prontay" and langar! They stupid, lions in sheeps clothing, infact no, they are sheeps! :D

If anyone wants to know why Sikhs are giving up kesh it is because our 'leaders' act like terrorists and football hooligans and try to kill each other, even INSIDE GURDWARA!

How can any Sikh leader go to government in Denmark or France or anywhere and ask for help to wear kirpan, when the 'leaders' try to kill each other with kirpan?

How can we even defend the rights to wear kirpan when the 'leaders' behave like this with kirpan??

no.gifno.gif

Sad turn of events. Lets pray that SS Mann gets better.

This is all down to the twat who masquerades as the Jathedar of the Akal Takht. For years he has let Badal and his coetrie get away with murder. The actions of Badal and his tatoo have stabbed our brothers in France and Denmark in the back. Earlier this year Mann and Badal followers were involved in knocking each others turbans off. At this point Vedanti should have put his foot down and said no more will political dimwits be allowed to organise or participate in religious functions. But no Vedanti does not have a spine so he did nothing. What does badal have on Vedanti that makes Vedanti into a coward ? Has he got a seedy video of Vedanti ?

Simranjit Singh Mann injured in a clash in Amritsar

http://www.zeenews.com/znnew/articles.asp?...385&sid=NAT

Kathunangal, Amritsar, Oct 25: Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD-Amritsar)

president

Simranjit Singh Mann was seriously injured in a clash with SAD (Badal)

and

Shiromani Gurdwara Prabandhak Committee (SGPC) officials at a function

here

today, police sources said.

According to the police, five to six others from both the sides also

sustained injuries. They had been rushed to hospitals in Amritsar.

Mann who was attacked with 'kirpans' by members of the SGPC task force,

sustained head injuries and has been rushed to a hospital in Amritsar,

an

eyewitness said. His condition was described as serious.

Police sources said the clash took place inside the premises of the

historic

gurdwara of Baba Buddha Sahib on the occasion of the 500th birth

anniversary

celebrations of Baba Buddha at a village on the Amritsar-Pathankot

National

Highway.

The village is the birthplace of Baba Buddha, who was the first head

granthi

(priest) of the Harmandir Sahib, during the period of the fifth Sikh

Guru

Arjan Dev.

According to police sources, the clash took place when Mann and his

supporters were stopped by the SGPC task force from attending the birth

anniversary function organised by the SAD (Badal) and the SGPC. Mann

and his

supporters insisted on moving towards the platform on which were seated

former Chief Minister Prakash Singh Badal, former Haryana Chief

Minister O P

Chautala, BJP MP Navjot Singh Sidhu, SGPC Chief Avtar Singh Makkar and

a

number of other senior leaders.

A verbal duel ensued between the task force and SAD (Badal) supporters

on

the one hand and Mann on the other. At this stage supporters of both

the

groups drew out their swords and advanced at each other. In the meele

that

followed Mann was hit by a sword on the head and he immediately

collapsed in

a pool of blood.

Mann, a former MP from Sangrur, is the brother-in-law of Punjab Chief

Minister Capt Amarinder Singh.

It is not for the first time that Mann has insisted on attending a

function

organised by the SGPC and the Badal Dal. An unsavoury situation had

erupted

when unsheathed swords were brandished during the quadricentennial

celebrations of the foundation of Akal Takht at Gurdwara Manji Sahib

inside

the Golden Temple complex in June when the SGPC refused to give time to

Mann

to address the Sikh congregation after Badal had finished speaking.

Later in July, during a function to mark the 400th martyrdom

anniversary of

Guru Arjan Dev at Tarn Taran, Mann raised a voice for reviving the

Anandpur

Sahib draft of 1973 from the stage of SGPC in the presence of BJP

national

president Rajnath Singh thereby putting Badal in an embarrassing

position.

The SGPC chief Jathedar Makkar had yesterday warned that the Punjab

government would be responsible for any disturbance on the occasion of

the

birth anniversary celebrations of Baba Buddha.

Mann had earlier declared that under no circumstances would his party

tolerate that the glorious history of Sikhs be tainted by the

participation

of Chautala and Sidhu in a religious function.

He had stated that the politics of these two political leaders was

'inimical

to Sikh and Punjabi interest''.

Bureau Report

I was reading the news at different sites and didnt find this version anywhere..... IS it that all the newspapers changed the version of the story? Here is what i found on the hindu, zeenews (link provided before)

http://www.zeenews.com/znnew/articles.asp?...385&sid=NAT

http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/004200610251921.htm

Amritsar, Oct. 25 (PTI): Shiromani Akali Dal (Amritsar) chief Simranjit Singh Mann was injured today after being roughed up by supporters of former Punjab chief minister Parkash Singh Badal at a Sikh congregation here.

The incident occurred at Kathunangal village, 25 kilometers from here, at a SGPC-organised function to observe the birth anniversary of Baba Buddha.

Trouble broke out when Mann tried force his way in along with his supporters and join issues with Badal who was addressing the people.

The Task force of the SGPC fired in the air to prevent Mann and his supporters from entering the venure of the function.

Most of Mann's supporters fled the scene leaving him behind after the firing. When Mann insisted on joining Badal on stage SGPC supporters beat him and a few of his supporters.

The police personnel, who watched the events till then, intervened when they realised that Mann's life was in danger.

Talking to mediapersons Mann accused the police of partiality, saying no action was taken against the SGPC Task Force or Badal supporters.

"It was pre-planned to harm my life but I was saved, otherwise supporters of Badal left no chance to finish my life. I also blame police which disarmed me and my supporters before entering in the venue of SGPC," alleged Mann.

Mann said: "The task force of SGPC and supporters of Badal were carrying arms and ammunitions and police administration was extending full moral support due to which I was brutally beaten up by the supporters of Badal.

A visibly perturbed Mann said he would not take up the matter with the Jathedar Akal Takht - the highest Sikh Temporal Seat - Gyani Joginder Singh Vedanti, since he was a mere rubber stamp of Badal and Makkar.

"It is up to Sikh Sangat how they take the revenge from the people who were responsible for beating me up in full public view. I am sure, people from the Sikh community would come forward to answer the atrocity inflicted on me by Badal and SGPC people," Mann said.

Blaming Mann for disrupting the function Makkar said, "Mann had no business to enter forcibly along with his goons in the venue to terrorize the Sikh Sangat. Mann should have come to the venue like humble Sikh but he came with the intention to capture the religious stage of SGPC."

Mann had earlier warned the SGPC the he would not allow cricketer-turned politician Navjot Singh Sidhu and former Haryana Chief Minister Om Parkash Chautala to speak at the function. However, neither Siddhu nor Chautala was present here today.

A similar situation was witnessed on July 2 when Mann was not allowed to speak at a function observing the 400th establishment day of the Akal Takht in the Golden Temple premises here.

What kind of supporters are with sardar mann? He needs to find ppl who can stand beside him in tough times and not just do the talking. Also can someone provide actual details rather than newspaper reports of the event.

Whatever maybe the case.... Punjab's biggest goon BADAL needs to be taught a good lesson. He has made every sikh organisation spineless. Maybe this incident will arouse the fire in sikhs to raise up to the situation.